What's new

Lenovo emerges as top PC seller in India, overtakes Dell & HP

Götterdämmerung;2949472 said:
Didn't you just asked me to go through this thread again? It's rather you who should do this and than tell me what has been said in this thread.

Oh, the typical no argument going racist again. Would you kiss my a** if there is a method to concvince you that I'm a white German male? :lol:

I'm agnostic like most people in Germany of my generation. There is no reincarnation in hinduism?

:lol: what the world we are living in, now a Chinese pretending to be German is blaming others of racism.. That's height man!!

Rest of things you are blabbering are not making any sense either.. Get some rest and don't get worked up every time people talk about China..

Götterdämmerung;2949472 said:
Junks can't compete with Caterpillar and Alcatel-Lucent. Maybe in penny pinching India it works, not in rich developed countries.

China may have most junks and that leaves India where, which doesn't even have one company competing with the top league?

Junks can compete, they compete in low tech areas where markets are price sensitive and Chinese economy is a proof.

As far as having such company in India is concerned, we don't have to build one to own. They way western economies are going, there will be ample opportunities for some Indian to buy one.

śūnya_0_Zero;2949405 said:
In fact, I collected some further facts:

Huawei has profits of about USD 1.8 Billion.

Infosys has profits of USD 1.71 Billion.

Did you manage to find the source of 15% margin, yet?

Infosys is an IT services company, while Huawei is in hardware. That means Huawei will always have a lower profit margin, because it actually produces things.

In addition, Infosys is on the downstream side of IT, while Huawei is upstream - Huawei produces routers, optical networks, switches, cell towers, as well as designs chips.

Infosys uses the chips and networks companies such as Huawei produce, and use it to deliver a service.

https://mocana.com/blog/2012/04/26/huawei-may-sell-mobile-chips/

śūnya_0_Zero;2949369 said:

The size of indian IT is about US$70 billion from overseas operations which accounts for 80-90% of the whole industry. So a simple grossing up will give you an amount of about $81.4 billion (say on 85%) for the size of the whole indian IT.

Revenue of Huawei in 2011 per the above report is RMB 204 bln yuan or US$32.36 bln

Revenue of Huawei, just ONE Chinese IT Company, despite of a shrinkage in sales and income performance as affected by the global downturn, can generate a size equivalent to 32/81, about 40%, of the whole indian IT!

One implication of being an IT ODM company is its impact on the country's economy is pervasive throughout the whole supply chain whereas human intensive companies like those in indian IT, the impact on indian's supply chain is far limited, and worse still, a proportion of its operations is situated overseas which can only provide opportunites to indians holding temp working visas at lower costs (than the equivalence of non-visa status employees) so as to remain competitive (bidder @ lowest price) !

I would not go as far as to say Lenovo is 'junk', but the most credit that Lenovo can earn is about preserving the institutional memory of the original IBM brand. A wise move on Lenovo's part.

But here is an illuminating article...

What Facebook says about America - CNN.com
It's no coincidence that Facebook, like Google, Apple, Twitter and Intel, started in the United States. It's also no coincidence the car, the airplane, the light bulb and the telephone were invented here. The fact that America is the birthplace of revolutionary ideas is not an accident.
Forgive the author's loose interpretation of 'invention' regarding the aircraft and the automobile. She is speaking in general terms.

The United States has created an environment that fosters innovation and promotes creativity. There is no better place on earth to break with convention, think differently and blaze one's own path. America's government may look dysfunctional, its schools leave much to be desired and its financial institutions have the potential to cause disasters, but on the individual level the drive to dream big is as strong as ever. And the structure of support for those who have great ideas is still in place.
An exceptional basic education system is for naught if the societal structure is rigid and confining the creativity that should have been fostered by that exceptional basic education system. The author may used America as an example but her larger argument is applicable to the notional 'West' as well.

America's not-so-secret formula has always included attracting immigrants and helping them and their children flourish. According to a report by the Partnership for a New American Economy, more than 40% of the 2010 Fortune 500 companies were founded by immigrants or their children. One of Facebook's founders, Eduardo Saverin, was born in Brazil. Google's co-founder, Sergey Brin, came from Russia. Zuckerberg's ancestors, as well as those of Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz, were Jewish immigrants. As long as America continues to attract and welcome people with intelligence and entrepreneurial spirit, the country will pulsate with creative force.
The fact that America is an immigrant country is a sore point for most here.

While government funding of key industries is crucial, so is the decision to get out of the way at the right moment. America is one of the world's best places to do business since government does not interfere much with the private sector. China is trying desperately to become a science and technology competitor to America, but it drove Google out of the country and its heavy-handed tactics have led to technology that mostly copies other countries' ideas.
And this is the clincher on why China will remain largely far less innovative than the notional 'West', that the Chinese government does not know when to remove itself from the capitalism flowchart. That does not mean the US does not have our flaws but what it means is that the US government have been institutionally restrained in meddling with capitalism in general. That plus the equally important institutional restrains on freedom of thought and dissent.

In the United States, people can make monumental fortunes when they have good ideas. But many of the most influential entrepreneurs are driven more by a sense of mission than materialistic pursuits. Zuckerberg could have sold out years ago and lived a life of luxury. Steve Jobs seemed unconcerned with worldly comforts. The real driver for these innovators is a wish to create and build. Those people whose only goal is to make millions sometimes live less fulfilling lives and occasionally cause serious trouble for the economy. Getting rich is fine, but it's good for society and the world when individuals work to build more than just a fortune. Young technology entrepreneurs can follow the examples of the giants of their field. As a society, America should highlight the need to create and build, not just accumulate.
What this mean is that as long as China remains a politically oppressive country, the most that the Chinese entrepreneurs can accomplish is material wealth, not truly innovative products that changes people's lives when those lives are spread across societal spectrum. Microsoft's Windows affect the poor and the wealthy alike. That was Gates' mission. His wealth accumulation is secondary to that. Same for Jobs that despite his billions, he lived in an ordinary neighborhood. What the author is saying is that the US is a fertile ground for those who believe in his mission, whatever that may be, while the rest of the world struggles with that notion in varying degrees. Financial successes rewards the person for his hard work in his mission. The two is in a constant push-pull relationship.

xceptional basic education system is for naught if the societal structure is rigid and confining the creativity that should have been fostered by that exceptional basic education system. The author may used America as an example but her larger argument is applicable to the notional 'West' as well.

The fact that America is an immigrant country is a sore point for most here.

And this is the clincher on why China will remain largely far less innovative than the notional 'West', that the Chinese government does not know when to remove itself from the capitalism flowchart. That does not mean the US does not have our flaws but what it means is that the US government have been institutionally restrained in meddling with capitalism in general. That plus the equally important institutional restrains on freedom of thought and dissent.

What this mean is that as long as China remains a politically oppressive country, the most that the Chinese entrepreneurs can accomplish is material wealth, not truly innovative products that changes people's lives when those lives are spread across societal spectrum. Microsoft's Windows affect the poor and the wealthy alike. That was Gates' mission. His wealth accumulation is secondary to that. Same for Jobs that despite his billions, he lived in an ordinary neighborhood. What the author is saying is that the US is a fertile ground for those who believe in his mission, whatever that may be, while the rest of the world struggles with that notion in varying degrees. Financial successes rewards the person for his hard work in his mission. The two is in a constant push-pull relationship.

America's glory is gone. I admit this nation has done a lot for human civilization, together with GE, Ford Moter, IBM, etc as I post in my previous post. But to this day Chinese firms are doing that in the different dimension, to spread to technology(Huawei, Lenovo, etc) to the whole mankind, instead of social elites.

For one, I'd like to raise the renewable energy industry. America certainly at the early years had the best tech, but the profit grabbing habit make energy giant like GE, Westhouse, etc reluctant to spend more on them, and the USA has not signed Kyoto Protocol. This help China be the leading technology nation in this industry. Even India is catching up the US in the field.

If you still intoxication in your glory dream, the days will pass by fast as all emerging nations are catching up, fact is they are not small nations as may dissipated soon, they are changing the world in real terms.

America's glory is gone. I admit this nation has done a lot for human civilization, together with GE, Ford Moter, IBM, etc as I post in my previous post. But to this day Chinese firms are doing that in the different dimension, to spread to technology(Huawei, Lenovo, etc) to the whole mankind, instead of social elites.

For one, I'd like to raise the renewable energy industry. America certainly at the early years had the best tech, but the profit grabbing habit make energy giant like GE, Westhouse, etc reluctant to spend more on them, and the USA has not signed Kyoto Protocol. This help China be the leading technology nation in this industry. Even India is catching up the US in the field.

If you still intoxication in your glory dream, the days will pass by fast as all emerging nations are catching up, fact is they are not small nations as may dissipated soon, they are changing the world in real terms.

wow - Don't you think you are writing off US easily eventhough it still stays at top? U.S has seen lots in its history - Its capital burnt down by England, withstood great depression - worse situation than now, rise and fall of Kaiser Germany, Japanese empire, third Reich,Napoleanic France, British empire, USSR and has stood like a colossus.

wow - Don't you think you are writing off US easily eventhough it still stays at top? U.S has seen lots in its history - Its capital burnt down by England, withstood great depression - worse situation than now, rise and fall of Kaiser Germany, Japanese empire, third Reich,Napoleanic France, British empire, USSR and has stood like a colossus.

yeah, but they're all gone, I cannot see the reason people should still stick to that dogma. China seems to be the terminator. And India's part of it. So are Brazil, Russia.

yeah, but they're all gone, I cannot see the reason people should still stick to that dogma. China seems to be the terminator. And India's part of it. So are Brazil, Russia.

USA has more than 1000 military bases all over the world, controls the energy routes and countries in the world. USA can singlehandedly fight the rest of the world including Europe and win even if you take nukes out of the equation. Best cities, best universities and a media powerhouse.

USA has more than 1000 military bases all over the world, controls the energy routes and countries in the world. USA can singlehandedly fight the rest of the world including Europe and win even if you take nukes out of the equation. Best cities, best universities and a media powerhouse.

Let say the world joins together, no nukes, with good coordination and invade the US, you think she can defend against such a force? Or you think the US has the military wherewithal to invade every single country in the world without using nukes?

not true, China Plus Russia can well make the whole USA as deserted as the Mar.

Chinese products are like how crack is to a junky, you hate them but can`t live without them. Btw lenovo`s tech is from IBM.

not true, China Plus Russia can well make the whole USA as deserted as the Mar.

depends on who attacks who, if russia, china, europe and india decide to go on the offense, USA will win hands down, but if USA attacks they may or may not lose. If third rech almost pulled a victory against Europe, USA would certainly giving their production capability and population.

Back
Top Bottom