What's new

Least racially diverse countries in the world

Of course religion will be a barrier

Hindus, Jews, and Budish for example could be seen as Homogenous in term of looks

While for Muslim and Christian we are really mixing between races because both Muslim and Christian consist of many human races.

Disa Alcinta, Papuan (mixed with other Indonesian ethnic)

Disa-Alcinta_7.jpg

I learned about the importance of race when I landed in this country of opportunity, the US. Otherwise, in India, we have differences in food, language, and way of living of the people every 100 miles. Take the example of Odisha which is the eastern part of India. Even if we speak the Odiya language, there are further languages and dialects within Odiya by different regions within Odisha.

So for me, forget about the map, cultural diversity is our ethos and way of living. We are so much diverse that it is really amazing to understand India as a nation and its inner strength to keep the people together.

I learned about the importance of race when I landed in this country of opportunity, the US. Otherwise, in India, we have differences in food, language, and way of living of the people every 100 miles. Take the example of Odisha which is the eastern part of India. Even if we speak the Odiya language, there are further languages and dialects within Odiya by different regions within Odisha.

So for me, forget about the map, cultural diversity is our ethos and way of living. We are so much diverse that it is really amazing to understand India as a nation and its inner strength to keep the people together.
Yes, the meaning of the word 'race' differs between countries. In U.S., typically, people say white, black, Asian and Hispanic (ethnicity) and Native American. Till recently, these were the major endogamous groups. In fact, till the 1967 Loving decision, these were also de jure groups. But to translate this concept to India, you have to consider how many subgroups among Odiya speaking people marry among themselves. I don't think most Odiya speakers will readily consider marrying another Odiya speaker (i.e., with no other considerations like religion or sect). Also, do Odiya speakers readily marry non-Odiya speakers?

Aren't all Icelandics various degrees of cousins or something? They give Pakistanis a good run for their money in term of inbreeding (They still lose to our superior cousin marrying ways though).
I don't know,but they are probably one of the most racially "pure" countries in the world. They have some very strict laws about citizenship if I remember correctly.

There's a lot of parallels between Iran, Afghanistan And Pakistan in terms of how all 3 deal with thier ethnic diversity
if someone wants to go down that rabbit hole

Iran and Pakistan try to get all the groups on the same page by promoting a singular language. This language puts the other native, regional languages at a disadvantage. Afghanistan has faced civil war due to the gov there not being able to get people on the same page.

Outside of those 3 counties only country in the Muslim world that is very diverse is Morocco. Explains why there’s so many baddies there lol

What a shockingly ignorant remark!

If I had not read it, I would not have believed it.

He he I am sorry....

Yup, Jews migrates as well every where. For Indonesian case, they also comes, even before Dutch came to Indonesia. Most current Jews who still adopt Judaism in Indonesia are descendent of Dutch.

But many of Jews decendents in Indonesia I speculate have become Muslim. Mostly they are real Jews, I mean their ancestor migrate directly from Middle East to Indonesia, before the arrival of Dutch. There is story about this in BBC Indonesia.

While many are descendant of Dutch, their offspring can end up as Muslim, Christian, while very few of them still adopt Judaism

We can see from the political arena :

Yapto (Center)= Muslim

SANS_PEMUDA-PANCASILA-MASYARAKAT-PAPUA-BAGIAN-DARI-INDONESIA.jpg

When he was younger

yapto.JPG

Her mother is Dutch, these four Dutch women are Indonesian citizens, among those who fight for Indonesia Independence.

5dc7ae18ccfd7.jpg

alasan-ibu-shelomita-tak-lagi-muncul-di-sinetron-E81iViP0St.jpg

Entrepreneur

Irwan Mursy (Muslim) with her wife Indonesian musician (Maia Estianti)

1657847211194-png.861927

Just example

Last edited:
Race is an unscientific concept. If you want to rationalize this term, it is better to view it in terms of endogamy. i.e., Set of all the people someone will agree to marry (or have children with). That set can then be viewed as a 'race' as it can be self-perpetuating. Hence, your tuple of language, religion and caste may be considered as a 'race' if there is no significant and routine mixing of people of different languages, religions or castes.
Race is basically sub species. Just like tigers living in different climates adapt to their surroundings, same goes for humans. Nepalese are genetically acclimated to the high altitudes, and we can never be like them no matter how long we live there.

By map
View attachment 933172
We are almost the same as Iran and Afghanistan
Interestingly There's a lot of parallels between Iran, Afghanistan And Pakistan in terms of how all 3 deal with thier ethnic diversity

- Region wise Most Muslim countries are homogenous (probably a mix of Islam and arabization?) just like East Asia and Europe
- Most African countries are diverse
- Americas is racially diverse but not culturally diverse (outside of constant flow of new immigrants) so it's somewhere in the middle when it comes to diversity
-outside of sri Lanka and Bangladesh South Asia is diverse

@lastofthepatriots @Great Janjua @TNT @RealNapster @Mirzali Khan @Paitoo @Kaniska @StraightEdge @Stryker1982
Pakistanis generally cluster together
1670192851634 (1).png

but you can still find different races in Pakistan despite us being a relatively smaller country
for example
Hazara War hero/ PAF veteran air marshal
download (57).jpeg

African descent hero of Sindh famous for his last heroic stand against the encroaching British empire
DwomSGoXcAIU-G5.jpg

Here white guy was surprised to see blonde dudes in northern Pakistan

And ofcourse regular olive to tan skinned Pakistanis, Hell even within my family if I look around I can find brunettes, colored eyes, olive skin tone, tan skin tone and one dark skinned guy
and the craziest part at least for me was that we rarely marry out of our ethnicity forget other "races"

74 different languages, 5 different language groups, 100s of different dialects all that diversity in races, languages, terrain packed inside a medium sized country
What a truly beautiful country we are blessed with!!

Iran and Pakistan try to get all the groups on the same page by promoting a singular language. This language puts the other native, regional languages at a disadvantage. Afghanistan has faced civil war due to the gov there not being able to get people on the same page.

Outside of those 3 counties only country in the Muslim world that is very diverse is Morocco. Explains why there’s so many baddies there lol
tbf for the longest time Afghanistan had the same policy with Dari
its only now that Taliban are slowly changing that policy and all the tajiks, Hazara, Turks are crying

Last edited:
He he I am sorry....

Yup, Jews migrates as well every where. For Indonesian case, they also comes, even before Dutch came to Indonesia. Most current Jews who still adopt Judaism in Indonesia are descendent of Dutch.

But many of Jews decendents in Indonesia I speculate have become Muslim. Mostly they are real Jews, I mean their ancestor migrate directly from Middle East to Indonesia, before the arrival of Dutch. There is story about this in BBC Indonesia.

While many are descendant of Dutch, their offspring can end up as Muslim, Christian, while very few of them still adopt Judaism

We can see from the political arena :

Yapto (Center)= Muslim

SANS_PEMUDA-PANCASILA-MASYARAKAT-PAPUA-BAGIAN-DARI-INDONESIA.jpg

When he was younger

yapto.JPG

Her mother is Dutch, these four Dutch women are Indonesian citizens, among those who fight for Indonesia Independence.

5dc7ae18ccfd7.jpg

alasan-ibu-shelomita-tak-lagi-muncul-di-sinetron-E81iViP0St.jpg

Entrepreneur

Irwan Mursy (Muslim) with her wife Indonesian musician (Maia Estianti)

1657847211194-png.861927

Just example
@Indos

You are one of the most respected members of the forum, and command respect from all of us, across all nationalities. Quite apart from what I have read of your posts, the Bangladeshi member whom I follow a lot has never failed to salute your views.

That is why I was startled out of my wits to read that post.

THIS post is more like we have all come to expect from you. Thanks.

With respects,

'Joe'

PS: I am beginning to suspect that you were playing a massive joke on us poor unsuspecting people.

tbf for the longest time Afghanistan had the same policy with Dari
its only now that Taliban are slowly changing that policy and all the tajiks, Hazara, Turks are crying

Nah several kings tried to change it. Dari was basically the old Farsi that used to be spoken, but Zahir Shah made sure to at least put it in writing that Dari as an official language. King Abdul Rahman tried to make everyone learn Pashto. Interestingly, I have had Afghan people tell me they can't understand Irani farsi.

By map
View attachment 933172
We are almost the same as Iran and Afghanistan
Interestingly There's a lot of parallels between Iran, Afghanistan And Pakistan in terms of how all 3 deal with thier ethnic diversity

- Region wise Most Muslim countries are homogenous (probably a mix of Islam and arabization?) just like East Asia and Europe
- Most African countries are diverse
- Americas is racially diverse but not culturally diverse (outside of constant flow of new immigrants) so it's somewhere in the middle when it comes to diversity
-outside of sri Lanka and Bangladesh South Asia is diverse

@lastofthepatriots @Great Janjua @TNT @RealNapster @Mirzali Khan @Paitoo @Kaniska @StraightEdge @Stryker1982
If channelled properly, what we consider to be a curse (ethnic/racial diversity) can be a huge asset along with our 250 million population. Only IF applied properly. I don't think it's registering with people what a quarter of a million population means. What kind of potential, clout, economy etc. can be had if we channel this potential and it is doable as countries more disadvantageous than Pakistan have been able to do it, so can Pakistanis.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom