What's new

LCA will not be able to penetrate enemy lines

He is a false flag!
well you 100% right bhaijaan

LCA is just a light combat aircraft whoes main role is point defnce but it can perform prcission strike roles aswell but its range doesnt lets it become a true strike platform

images

images

so what it needs is a better aero dynamik profile bigger air intakes and possiballi levcons all of which are under testing and bigger and better MK2 is already in works so dont worry LCA wont dissapoint you sir

ignore him heis a false flagger and mods know that but they need him for the obvious reason so enjoy bro

I dont think so brothers.
He is an Indian who dont have anything for this nation but would be in frontline for criticising any small brave efforts of Indians ..
We have that kind of breeds in here .

well you 100% right bhaijaan

LCA is just a light combat aircraft whoes main role is point defnce but it can perform prcission strike roles aswell but its range doesnt lets it become a true strike platform

images

images

so what it needs is a better aero dynamik profile bigger air intakes and possiballi levcons all of which are under testing and bigger and better MK2 is already in works so dont worry LCA wont dissapoint you sir

ignore him heis a false flagger and mods know that but they need him for the obvious reason so enjoy bro

And yet it's internal fuel capacity and increased weight are shortcomings! Auditors are fools and so do authorities who endorse them. Present internal fuel capacity is ample for a point defense aircraft, just don't load bombs, ATSM, ASM, drop tanks or any irrelevant stuff and the aircraft will be within normal wight range. GSH23 and ATA missiles are all Tejas would need as a point defense aircraft. It's just a few kilometers area that Tejas is supposed to defend, no need to fuss too much.

Guru jee all the best with point defense of your sensitive installations & you take care of yourself. Good day/night!

Lol, don't "sir" me mate.

You are Pandit for us, the lesser beings.
If i were to ever become a UK Citizen and wealthy enough from my fish and chips business, i'll nominate you for getting Knighted OBE........and a GCMG with full honors for Alia Bhat and Illeana D'Cruz

Always taking about the future, to make up for the pathetic past and present.

Tell that to the US and Russia who creats all kind of gen aircrafts.
We are proud about our past and we dont need your certificate for that.
And the post was not intended for you.

You talked about some major changes like increasing length,having a larger wing span and redesigning air intakes. These are not minor things but will impact on the capability of the aircraft. You don't just increase wing span for the fun of it without taking aerodynamics into consideration. It is not so much modified as being a completely new aircraft.

It has been done in the past by sukhoi design bureau on legendary Sukhoi27 aircraft. And given the timeframe given to ADA by MoD, they can pull it of. I know it wont be easy, but certainly doable.

new-design1.png

As I initially mentioned, the Soviets lagged behind the Americans in electronics and it now
came to haunt them in the T-10. Its electronics were bulky and heavy and exceeded the weight
requirements of the aircraft. It was way behind the F-15 in terms of electronics and weight ratios. The F-15 had already set many world records during a special flight in 1975, and the
Soviets were eager to finish the Su-27 project. Then more problems cropped up relating to engine issues, high fuel consumption and the lack of modern missiles to equip the aircraft in the future. Even though the T-10 handled exceptionally in its first flight, it faced a lot of
aerodynamic issues when it was subjected to rigorous testing. There were problems.at high Angle of Attack (AOA – The angle made by the wing to the direction of airflow). All this led to delays in development and making the Su-27 better than the F-15 was still a dream and also by this time, the American jets were
already in production.
Now, the Chief Designer, Mikhail Simonov was put in charge of modifying the existing design extensively to rectify all its faults. This was almost like redesigning it from scratch but the Sukhoi design bureau was well organized and equipped to cope with this failure and
make the necessary corrections to make the
Su-27 better than the American F-15. They took just 3 months’ time to make these changes and improve its performance. The engine
nacelles were made streamlined, the wing root
and wing combined with the fuselage to create one huge lift surface, the landing gear design was changed and the twin tail fins were placed
further apart to improve the aerodynamic characteristics. The position of the airbrakes was shifted to just behind the cockpit, the nose wheels were placed closer to the engine air
intakes. These were just some of the changes made to improvements. The one improvement that made a difference in combat was the increase in the number of missile suspension
hardpoints from 8 to 10 which gave the flanker its legendary missile loadout.

new-designs.png

Origins- How The Iconic Sukhoi Su-27 Fighter Was Born (Part-1) | Defencyclopedia

LCA will not be able to penetrate enemy lines

The indigenous Tejas light combat aircraft (LCA) will experience a major handicap in defeating the enemy due to non-availability and poor performance of three electronic warfare instruments, developed by Indian agencies.

During the trial, the all-important counter measure dispensing system that protects the aircraft against radar and heat-seeking missiles, could not do its job properly, leaving the jet with poor defence. The system was developed by , Hyderabad-based Bharat Dynamics Limited.

It was not the only faltering system on-board the LCA. The self protection jammer that blocks the enemy radar was too big to be fitted into the Mark-I version of the LCA and the radar warning receiver, which alerts the pilots on hostile enemy signals, perform poorly. Both were developed by Bangaluru-based Defence Avionics Research Establishment.

“LCA Mark-I remains deficient in full electronic warfare capabilities as specified in the Air Staff Requirement (ASR),” the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) says in a review report that was tabled in Parliament on Friday.

The aircraft, which achieved initial operational clearances on December 2013, has as many as 53 shortfalls from the specifications drawn in the ASR.

Some of the shortcomings like increased weight, reduced internal fuel capacity, pilot protection from the front and reduced speed are to be addressed in the Mark-II version that was taken up by the Aeronautical Development Agency in 2009 and scheduled for completion in 2018.

Even after 30 years, the LCA could get only the initial operational clearance (IOC) in December 2013. The full operational clearance (FOC) is now targeted in December, 2015.

The cost is also rising all these years. What began as a Rs 560 crore programme in 1983 has now gone up by almost twenty times. The financial package for LCA now stands at Rs 8294 crore.

The auditor also criticised the Defence Ministry for awarding two commercial contracts to Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) in 2006 and 2010 for delivering 20 fighter planes in each contract in the IOC and FOC configurations respectively to the IAF.

Both were termed premature because in 2006 LCA design was nowhere near finalisation, whereas in 2010 HAL was yet to supply any aircraft to the force as per the previous contract. Even now, the IAF is not in a position to operationalise the LCA squadron in the absence of a trainer aircraft. Moreover, HAL’s production capacity – four aircraft per year – is only half of what the government wants.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government Auditor Faults Tejas Light Combat Aircraft Project, Says it Fails to Meet Air Force's Needs
Already Posted and beaten to death....

the reality is:

ASHQ requirements have been changed for LCA three times since the prortype started flying with the most recent being the thrust requirements.

As far as two seat trainer requirements is concerned, both mirage and Mig 29 got operational clearance before the two seat trainer even hit the ground.

The report is not based on the current IOC cleared aircraft handed over to IAF, which had the a comprhensive RWR and MAWS installed, PV's did not have a room for chaff dispenser becuase it was housing 3, 24 volt power supplies and 6 of 4-20Ma differential pressure transducers for measuring the static pressure drop in the intake sections. Telemetry removed LCA will have enough space to house a comprehensive SPS.

Even the second seat on the two seat variant was loaded with PLC and NI controllers to monitor the flight performance.

Hopefully our pakistani think tanks will be able to comprehend this very simple issue. CAG, the comptroller auditor general of India is an revenue and expense auditing organisation and possess no special skills in evaluation of engineering projects. This finding's are based on status report of the Project management team in one of it's gate reviews in 2013.

Last edited:
and who ever came up with the ASR was stupid enough to not consider that but here we have a self proclaimed air war expert who knows better.

salaam jammerbhaija ji

thing is LCA is "POINT DEFENCE"(to secure indian airspace from enemy attack inside indian teritorry) Fighter which will do home land security not SEAD,DEAD or carpet bombing beyond enemy lines ... case closed

funny but off-topic, a good example of khisayani billi khumba nochay

well bhai rehne do im happy anyway ....that is the best answer you could come up with :haha:

i dont understand this fetish in pakistani members to down grade LCA when they think it cant stand there alien tech laden fighter jets and devine fighter pilots ?:omghaha:

osirji sadda paiha sadda mulk sadda plane saddi fazia twannu kinwe marorr pai raye sann :azn:

appa twadde wallon kadon imdad manggi hai tejas waste ;)

and that ain't helpin

its already have better GE414

Fucking CAG ruined the week-end for IFBB (indian fan boy brigade)

It is not even good for that

Kid don't try to act smart after being such a Ignorant...

Like i already said even if JF-17 was made by DRDO, IAF would reject since IAF doesn't like to induct low end fighters

It has been done in the past by sukhoi design bureau on legendary Sukhoi27 aircraft.

Come on dude, be real!! Sukhoi, Boeing etc. are in an altogether different league than organisations like HAL. Sukhoi can take time to do it, LM is taking a hell lot of time to get the F-35 staright and Lockheed is like the superstar of aeronautic companies.

Changing the structure of an aircraft is not impossible, agreed. But the time it will take, especially for India, will be measured in decades.

how you gona defend with weak defence system on air craft :crazy: after reading the article it seems paf f7 can take down this super duper 4.5 gen fighter :lol:

:hitwall::hitwall:
When our strike fighters and bombers are inside enemy line.. along with other left over fighters LCA will provide point defence.. you've to defend against that and then go through our front line fighters first to get inside our line and have to face LCA.. if you're striking first then its the same game.. go through our top end fighters then face LCA then only you can attack any ground targets..

Tell that to the US and Russia who creats all kind of gen aircrafts.
We are proud about our past and we dont need your certificate for that.
And the post was not intended for you.

I am not in the business of issuing certificates..........just facts.

Fucking CAG ruined the week-end for IFBB (indian fan boy brigade
it ruined nothing the project its on its Schedule

The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) on Friday came down heavily on the progress of India’s home-grown Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas programme. In its report ‘Design, Development, Manufacture and Induction of Light Combat Aircraft,’ tabled in Parliament today, the CAG says Tejas Mk-1 has many shortfalls and electronics warfare (EW) limitations.

It says both the Initial Operational Clearance (IOC) and Final Operational Clearance (FOC) versions of has shortfalls in meeting the engine thrust. Other parameters with concerns are weight of the aircraft, fuel capacity, pilot protection from front against 7.62 mm bullets etc. “The self-protection jammer which was originally to be fitted on LCA Mark-I is now planned to be fitted on LCA Mark-II. Thus the 40 LCA Mark-I would be provided only with Radar Warning Receiver (RWR) Tarang-1B and deficient of self-protection jammer, thus limiting its electronic warfare capabilities,” the report says. The report says with these shortfalls the IAF would be constrained to use 40 LCA Mk-I aircraft with limited operational capabilities.

When the response to CAG report was sought from a top scientist associated with the project, he first refused to comment saying: “I haven’t seen it.” When this correspondent read out the key portions of the report, the scientist agreed to comment on condition of not being named.

“We are used to the CAG reports now. The current report was supposed to have reviewed by the Secretary (Department of Defence R&D) and we are not sure whether it was done. What I understand is that the review hasn’t happened and due to deadline pressures the report has been tabled in the Parliament,” the scientist claimed. When specifically asked whether the report will dampen the spirit of the team engrossed in the FOC activities of Tejas, the scientist said: “One report or any reports in the future cannot stop our scheduled activities. We have come this far and have probably entered the last lap of Tejas Mk-1 development phase. The show will go on.” To a query on the EW limitations on Tejas Mk-I, as remarked by the CAG report, the scientist said: “Yes, we agree as of now it is not there on Tejas. But that’s not going to weaken the platform. Yes we agree if the EW was there, it would have been more appealing.”

CAG report bangs ADA & HAL; says Tejas Mk-1 will have limited EW capabilities | idrw.org

PS: The shortfalls of EW Suit can be addressed my using third party EW mainly Isreali.In the interim, the Indian Ministry of Defence has revealed that an unspecified number of EW suites had been purchased from Israel's Elisra for the LCA prototypes.

It has been done in the past by sukhoi design bureau on legendary Sukhoi27 aircraft.

You Indians ain't Russian, and certainly not the "legendary" Sukhoi design bureau. The chance of Indians pulling this out is a fat zero.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom