What's new

LCA, Tejas

0db499a3fdc2050ac49d81c315f82ab3.jpg

Webmaster, let me clear soemthing, LCA and Gripen and identical Twins :), with Gripen coming much before LCA though.

Wen i said Gripen i meant the Gripen's C/D version now the upcoming larger E/F version.

The avoidance of canards is due to adoption of unique intake and buzz channelization and with the long tail which is fully made of carbon-composites, Canards are used for high AOA attacks, LCA in its flight envelope in their required height can do same AOA attack that Gripen can.

Naval LCA uses LEVCONS (leading edge vortical canards) for stabilization while landing on a carrier.

Let me give you a comparison chart with Gripen and LCa's airframe performance,

LCA vis-a-vis Gripen

Altitude: 3,100 m (10,170')

Gripen:
6,620 kg empty weight
1,000 kg fuel
1,000 kg stores
engine: GE F404/RM12

Tejas
5,500 kg empty
1,000 kg fuel
1,000 kg stores
engine: GE F404/F2J3

Gripen / Tejas
Combat Radius (km): 1,200 / 1,258

Turn rate (deg/sec): 19.5 / 21.7
Turn Radius (m): 759 / 612

Stall velocity (kph): 442 / 397
Corner velocity(kph): 929 / 834

GEF404IN20 is latest engine and will power it so the figures will change and better figures than it is shown above in the PV3, i dont have the TSFC(thrust specific fuel consumption) number of the IN20 engines so cnnot give you the updated numbers.

And i dont think i need to say anything about LCa's inside...
Quadruplex digital fly by wire system with a redundant axis build on mil-1533 bus and SHARK/Tiger Sharc Chip with solid state health management system, full glass cockpit, LRU units, inter datalinking capability using INCOM transponders ....show me what is in gripen c/d which isnt in LCA...

Thats realy great video. the background music is awsome!!
how can I download it??

Try this. Go to Tools, and Internet options. Clear all temporary files. Now play the video completely.. Go back to options, go to "View files". Depending on how much RAM you have it will be cached there. Right-click, save as..

I have 4Gb RAM and it seems to catch it all...;)

Back
Top Bottom