What's new

LCA Tejas MK 1 VS Gripen C/D

Which plane is batter according to you?

• Total voters
True the policies of Govt. are to blame. They initially wanted to go for "every thing indigenous" then in 1998 sanctions were imposed after nuke tests, so no technology transfer from firms which were already working as consultants. Then after the sanctions were lifted the requirements from the IAF were changed , including engine ..... :P.

2014 we are about to get a squadron of LCA mark 1 ..... :D

Advantage with LCA is that we can mass produce if there is a war, no one can ship 100's of fighter jets in a week or so if we request during the times of war. So IAF wants LCA :).

Such a beautiful fighter .................... and people call it a piece of sh!t ..... :P

Hal01_full-734723.jpg

Mass produce in time of war?

lol。

For god's sake,you lot rely on the Americans for engines,Israelis for radars,Russians for missiles and Europeans for avionics。I bet the house that even LCA's landing gears are of foreign import。 :lol:

Mass produce in time of war?

lol。

For god's sake,you lot rely on the Americans for engines,Israelis for radars,Russians for missiles and Europeans for avionics。I bet the house that even LCA's landing gears are of foreign import。 :lol:

There production facilities being set up for the components you have mentioned with TOT. China also uses Russian engines and yet to field a good engine with out problems. It will take time but a step in right direction.

@HariPrasad

Flight performance is no longer the key. JSF has been build as per the new doctrine.

We will see how it goes. JF-17 is evolving well and it will be a different jet by 2016-18

Fine, but on none of the criterion, it looks batter than tejas. The most strange thing is that neither Pakistan or china is working on improving the performance of the fighter itself i.e Increasing AOA, reducing the weight, Modification in air frame, Improving engine etc. Rather the sole focus is on improving Avionics and other electronics. It will certainly make JF 17 batter in some aspects but it will be far away from emerging as a true multi role fighter like Tejas Mk2. MK2 shall be an awesome plane and virtually be able to mess with anything except 5th generation plane.

For god's sake,you lot rely on the Americans for engines,Israelis for radars,Russians for missiles and Europeans for avionics。I bet the house that even LCA's landing gears are of foreign import。

Yes we shall be looking to US untill K 10 is realized like you guys looking to russia for engine.

Chinese delegation sent to Russia to discuss stealth fighter engine|Politics|News|WantChinaTimes.com
Radar is our own, we use Israeli computer which shall be indiginized. Most of Avionics are Indian except few.

Last edited:
i refer to miniaturize version of brahmos. Pl do not forget that LCA currently carries 2 1200 liters external kerosene tanks...

Which also will weigh 1500Kg and will be around 6m long, that means that it's most likely too long for the centerline station and too heavy for the wingstations. You have to think about the weight limit of the hardpoints not the overall payload!

Last edited:
For god's sake,you lot rely on the Americans for engines,Israelis for radars,Russians for missiles and Europeans for avionics。I bet the house that even LCA's landing gears are of foreign import

Its better than hacking, reverse engineering (copycat) by chinaman

For god's sake,you lot rely on the Americans for engines,Israelis for radars,Russians for missiles and Europeans for avionics。I bet the house that even LCA's landing gears are of foreign import

Its better than hacking, reverse engineering (copycat) by chinaman

Reliance of Sweden of much higher than that of India. We have about half of LRUs of our own and except 3 avionics, all are Indian. Radar is Indian with Israeli computer. We have our own flight control system and design. When you build your first plane (Marut was build a long back), this is the way to go about. You cn not produce your own part for technology demonstrator in one or two in numbers. I foresee a fully indigenous Tejas bar engine before 2020.

Last edited:
Which also will weigh 1500Kg and will be around 6m long, that means that it's most likely too long for the centerline station and too heavy for the wingstations. You have to think about the weight limit of the hardpoints not the overall payload!

The centerline hugging the fuselage/belly = CG carries the max weight.
The lowest being that of a wingtip = 155 KG as in F-16

Can it be mounted on fuselage.

The centerline hugging the fuselage/belly = CG carries the max weight.
Which as far as we know is 1200Kg so that alone is a problem, the bigger problem as said however is the size, because LCA has size limitations on the centerline station.

The testimony for the Tejas Mk.1 has been provided by the IAF itself. It is just not as capable as its next iteration the Mk.2 will be. Hence, there is no comparison with the Gripen which is a well established combat aircraft.
the Tejas Mk.2 could be a good comparison to the Gripen C/D but not a competitor.. yet I see lots of potential for sale of the Tejas to nations like Bangladesh and African states.

The testimony for the Tejas Mk.1 has been provided by the IAF itself. It is just not as capable as its next iteration the Mk.2 will be. Hence, there is no comparison with the Gripen which is a well established combat aircraft.
the Tejas Mk.2 could be a good comparison to the Gripen C/D but not a competitor.. yet I see lots of potential for sale of the Tejas to nations like Bangladesh and African states.

I think 40 aircraft is good enough for MK1, cause we have to accept that MK1 is atleast 5-6 years late if not more then that.

You are absolutely correct. I would not compare the Tejas very easily with the Gripen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom