What's new

LCA back at Jamnagar for weapons trials

if they can its good for country

if they can't i won't be surprised at all 

no technology used in pakfa will make it to lca mk 2 except for maybe ram coats

PAK FA also has

1) "The aircraft is a stealth equipped with a front, side and rear AESA radar, as well as L Band radars."
2) BVR Missiles which are more advanced.
3) Advanced IRST.
And other technologies which India is also an active participant. These technologies can be used and can be incorporated into LCA Mark 2.

PAK FA also has

1) "The aircraft is a stealth equipped with a front, side and rear AESA radar, as well as L Band radars."
2) BVR Missiles which are more advanced.
3) Advanced IRST.
And other technologies which India is also an active participant. These technologies can be used and can be incorporated into LCA Mark 2.

here u are mistaken

the technologies that u mentioned are manufactured directly by uomz russia under rostec corporation with zero indian input except maybe money

so while they will give us these but tot of these things will never happen

here u are mistaken

the technologies that u mentioned are manufactured directly by uomz russia under rostec corporation with zero indian input except maybe money

so while they will give us these but tot of these things will never happen

There is cooperation deeper than that.

unfortunately no

these technologies have already been developed and india has not given one penny for them except 290 million for initial design contract.

so it means we are just a plain buyer and not a developer

we will contribute in composites,ram,mission computers,displays

unfortunately no

these technologies have already been developed and india has not given one penny for them except 290 million for initial design contract.

so it means we are just a plain buyer and not a developer

we will contribute in composites,ram,mission computers,displays

But these things can be easily incorporated into LCA mark 2 to make it a mean machine.

But these things can be easily incorporated into LCA mark 2 to make it a mean machine.

of course but the stuff used for pakfa is big and large.

pls go to maks 2013 thread,,,u will see the stuff.

i think it will be unsuitable for tejas,,,anyways we must develop our own systems for tejas and not buy always

of course but the stuff used for pakfa is big and large.

pls go to maks 2013 thread,,,u will see the stuff.

i think it will be unsuitable for tejas,,,anyways we must develop our own systems for tejas and not buy always
We can develop the tech, with JV's that too with Russians, if MMRCA deal concludes we can also integrate Dassault tech.

Tejas, Arjun.....everything is ready.....just end corruption....

We can develop the tech, with JV's that too with Russians, if MMRCA deal concludes we can also integrate Dassault tech.
dassault tech will be exclusive to rafale in my opinion.

but maybe we can negotiate spectra for tejas!!
if that is done it will be awesome but we will miss inhouse development,,,that should be the focus.
it maybe inferior to west but its necessary first step 
LCA, Arjun.....everything is ready.....just end corruption....

i don't share that

even these 2 have 80% of critical technologies being imported so its no at all indigenous.

dassault tech will be exclusive to rafale in my opinion.

but maybe we can negotiate spectra for tejas!!
if that is done it will be awesome but we will miss inhouse development,,,that should be the focus.
it maybe inferior to west but its necessary first step

The techs of Dassault and Russian industries are developed for decades it is difficult for our industry to absorb it in a short time, But within a decade it is possible.

The techs of Dassault and Russian industries are developed for decades it is difficult for our industry to absorb it in a short time, But within a decade it is possible.

we cannot absorb anything yaar

tot means licence to assemble kits that are imported from oem(critical tech)
so we can buy components for our planes only,they will never tell us how to make them.

that we have to learn ourselves and we haven't even started properly

It is, but still you can't direct anything developed for a 5th gen fighter automatically to a 4th gen fighter, you don't have to either, since LCA is just a low end fighter.
On the other side, you can learn a lot from the Russians that later could be used for AMCA development, but sadly we will see ego problems again, since ADA/DRDO will insist on own developments (like many Indians) and not to use already developed and available foreign technologies to speed up the overall development. For example who needs Kaveri engine, when you can use the type 30 engine that we will produce for FGFA in India anyway, for a single engine AMCA for example too?
But you no how it is, everything that is not fully indigenous is not good enough for many, even if we still are far away to develop all necessary things indigenously. Pride is the biggest problem wrt Indian developments!

It is, but still you can't direct anything developed for a 5th gen fighter automatically to a 4th gen fighter, you don't have to either, since LCA is just a low end fighter.
On the other side, you can learn a lot from the Russians that later could be used for AMCA development, but sadly we will see ego problems again, since ADA/DRDO will insist on own developments (like many Indians) and not to use already developed and available foreign technologies to speed up the overall development. For example who needs Kaveri engine, when you can use the type 30 engine that we will produce for FGFA in India anyway, for a single engine AMCA for example too?
But you no how it is, everything that is not fully indigenous is not good enough for many, even if we still are far away to develop all necessary things indigenously. Pride is the biggest problem wrt Indian developments!

u make a good point.

type 30 engine will be a truly 5 th generation engine and i think we should try and develop a single engine platform with it rather than twin engined using kaveri(who knows its possible or not??)

but i am firm,we must atleast start right now developing basic things like irst ,maws and rwr(like tarang) and aesa radar.

i posted some pictures of drdo aesa(fighter) but looks like its suck again

of course hal has the ability,,,they are learned people but when accountability is zero and ur salary and even pension is assured then who will work??

thats the million dollar question

That's odd, what does this have to do with HAL? After all systems and airframe development both were done under ADA, HAL's just the systems integrator/manufacturer.

Yes I agree with what you have written regarding HAL. That model of "every thing indigenous" failed because of various reasons one of them is tech. sanctions.

The engine tech has to do with metallurgy and efficiency, But the metal composition is one secret which no country wants to share as this tech is developed for years if not decades. But in Indian point of view, we have to buy this and absorb the tech and build from there to make those engines more advanced.

LCA is a defender of Indian skies, In times of war we need more number of home grown cheaper fighter jets which can be deployed at shorter notice. Reason why IAF is ready to induct LCA.

In my view LCA mark 2 will be a potent fighter with export potential. LCA will be upgraded to 4.5 or more, with the help from Russians and probably Dassault. There are lot of countries which will buy this fighter if India can speed up the process.

Back
Top Bottom