What's new

Launch of F-22P at Hudong Shipyard in Shanghai on April 7

Awesome pictures. It looks awesome. Hope to see more pictures soon. :)

Can you believe it? ACM is in Sweden for AEW&Cs. Admiral is in China for F-22p.

Didn't know that time will fly!

Pretty nice. Seems alot of modifications have been done on the orginal type 53H/3 design. A question arries in my mind if we opt for modifications then why did we not go for the new type 054 of which certain features are incoperated into the F-22p?

F-22P is equipped with a Russian canon instead of a Chinese design, I'm surprised I didn't see any usual outcry from the expected corners.

Is that the original design or a modified chinese copy?

President welcomes launching of frigate “PNS Zulfiqar” in Shanghai

ISLAMABAD, Apr 7 (APP): President Pervez Musharraf has welcomed the launching of the frigate “PNS Zulfiqar” in Shanghai, China today. Applauding the launch, the President said that the development of the frigate project was another landmark achievement testifying to close Pakistan-China friendship and multi-faceted cooperation.

This will greatly enhance Pakistan Navy’s capability to safeguard our territorial waters and help its modernization, he added.

The sea launching was done at a special ceremony in Hudong Shipyard, Shanghai which was attended by the chief of Naval Staff Admiral Muhammad Afzal Tahir, Ambassador of Pakistan to China Salman Bashir and high ranking dignitaries from the Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information and PLA Navy.

The F-22 type frigate will be equipped with the state of art equipment.

The project will be completed in the next five years with the commissioning of the last frigate at Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works.

Associated Press Of Pakistan - President welcomes launching of frigate “PNS Zulfiqar” in Shanghai

PNS Zulfiqar Launched
Written by Tariq Iqbal
Tuesday, 08 April 2008

The PNS Zulfiqar was launched today at the Hudong Shipyard in Shanghai, China. PNS Zulfiqar is one of the four F-22p (Sword Class) frigates to be handed over to the Pakistan Navy in its modernization programme.

The President Musharraf and Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani on Monday welcomed the inclusion of a new Chinese frigate into the fleet of Pakistan Navy. Both of them lauded the corporation and friendship between China and Pakistan considering such project yet "another milestone".

The newly elected Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani said that the induction of this frigate would auger well for the maritime defence of the country.

He said that it is a momentous occasion towards the modernization of Pakistan Navy and in strengthening its capabilities to monitor its territorial waters.

The F-22p frigate will help Pakistan to strengthen its maritime defence which so far has been neglected making the Pakistan Navy all time weak with just six Amazon Class frigates while its counterparts continued to receive latest ships from her allies in large numbers.

The F-22p project is a $750 million deal in which China will build three frigates for Pakistan while the fourth frigate will be built in Pakistan upgrading Karachi Shipyard to become capable of building such type of ships. The deal also includes 4-6 Z-9EC helicopters for the specialized role in the anti-ship and anti-submarine warfare.

Pakistan Navy hopes to strengthen herself by acquiring more new types of frigates in addition to the F-22p and is also looking for used frigates to replace its thirty four years old aged Amazon class frigates.

Source: Pakistan Defence

F-22P is equipped with a Russian canon instead of a Chinese design, I'm surprised I didn't see any usual outcry from the expected corners.

Lol! Well after the back lash that they got in the RD-93 issue, I'm sure they started to realize that indeed things dont work the way india wants them to.

Lol! Well after the back lash that they got in the RD-93 issue, I'm sure they started to realize that indeed things dont work the way india wants them to.

i am not sure but the russian gun is manufactured by china. whether under licence i am not sure!

Pak-China Frigate launched into sea

KARACHI: Pakistan's Naval Chief Admiral Muhammad Afzal Tahir Monday performed successful sea launching of first of fourF-22P frigates China is constructing for Pakistan Navy. Speaking at ceremony at Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard, Admiral Tahir termed it as ``a great day for Pakistan Navy and Pakistan China friendship. This sword class ship will be equipped with state of art weapons and sensors systems and carry Z9EC Helicopters being manufactured in China.'' The project envisages complete transfer of technology for construction of fourth ship at Karachi Shipyard. The launch ceremony was attended by a high-ranking delegation from Pakistan Navy, Pakistan Ambassador Salman Bashir, high officials of Chinese ministry of Industry & PLA Navy. The frigates will form ``a very important component'' of Pakistan Navy's fleet.

i am not sure but the russian gun is manufactured by china. whether under licence i am not sure!

Well sir! i was reading somewhere that the under licenced version is the one that pakistan rejected and rather opted for the russian version instead. Though i'm not too confirmed on this one.

Cngrats Pakistan.

Regards
Champ

webby-is wikipedia a paid site or free?

It's a free website that anyone can edit. Though if you insert bullshit, it gets removed by bots and administrators or even other editors.

Some controversial articles are locked, meaning not everyone can edit them. You have to register to edit those articles.

Back
Top Bottom