What's new

Latest ISRO video of the Mangalyaan Mars mission

@Dillinger

This vehicle is carrying a 14kg payload, couldn't they have waited for a bigger launch vehicle ?
2 reasons:

1. Indian Scientists are finding it rather hard to perfect Cryogenic Engine. The last one they made blew up. I believe ISRO is also down to its last Russian Cryogenic Engine.

2. ISRO could have used the Russian Cryogenic Engine to launch GLSV , but the launch window was too small to be able to launch GSLV. It was a now or never chance.

The next window will only open a couple of years from now. So they might launch another Orbiter then with GSLV provided they are able to make a working Indian Cryo by then. They will succeed eventually in perfecting it, the only question is when and after how many attempts.

Sensor payload is just 14kg. I looked at an interview with the ISRO chief.

The satellite will be in an elliptical orbit ranging from 380km to 80,000 km at the farthest. "Or it will be able to observe Mars of send data only when it is at 380 km. But I'm sceptical about the information that a 14kg payload, including Mars camera, mass methane sensor and atmosphere thermal Infrared imaging spectrometer, can send home," Nair said terming the mission as a publicity stunt.
http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...1_mars-mission-moon-mission-deviprasad-karnik

They could have waited to send a larger payload to do serious science instead. I hope by 2016 the GSLV would be operational.
World over critics abound, saying ISRO is for vanity, but ISRO has been extra ordinarily useful.
It was on an ISRO satellite that the US found water on moon.
It was ISRO because of which tens of thousands of lives were saved when the recent cyclone hit Indian East Coast.

Similarly, we dont know if the Orbiter will yield some spectacular breakthrough. Its science - try and try till you succeed.

The route to Mars

1424338_353230894822775_1051454509_n.jpg

Indian Rockets will explode tomorrow before it launch, India will fails tomorrow. Everyone get ready to laugh out loud even louder now. I heard that they going to postpone the damn launch tomorrow morning. Hahahahah
whats say u now....its successful ....

Arrey spare me.
bowdown.gif
:...........

It was a mistake.
hide.gif

And you dont have to magnify it so much.8-)
Didnt i make the confession to you already...
If you want you can read that sentence as till it enters mar's orbit.Better???

Last edited:
I forgot to add that the launch vehicle is not 100% indigenous either。

As a matter of fact,it is not even 50% indigenous with,for example,the cryogenic engine being Russian。:rofl:
Talking like a clown with half a brain cell as usual? Do you even know what the project is all about? Stop spewing nonsense when you know squat! For your information, almost 90 per cent of the project has been realized through indigenous private and public sector players as well as SMEs.

Nearly 500 Indian companies including Walchand Nagar Industries, Godrej & Boyce, HAL, Deloitte India, etc work with ISRO to manufacture components for its rockets and launch vehicles as well as satellites. ISRO is actively considering handing over assembly and integration of the entire vehicles to some selected Indian industries.

So don't keep shooting from your hip on subjects you know nothing about.

Talking like a clown with half a brain cell as usual? Do you even know what the project is all about? Stop spewing nonsense when you know squat! For your information, almost 90 per cent of the project has been realized through indigenous private and public sector players as well as SMEs.

Nearly 500 Indian companies including Walchand Nagar Industries, Godrej & Boyce, HAL, Deloitte India, etc work with ISRO to manufacture components for its rockets and launch vehicles as well as satellites. ISRO is actively considering handing over assembly and integration of the entire vehicles to some selected Indian industries.

So don't keep shooting from your hip on subjects you know nothing about.

wow dude why are u even replyin to this troll...he dosnt even know that pslvs do not run on cryogenic engines....gslvs will be running on cryo engines

Yo all the hatters..
Main Nagin Nagin, Nagin Nagin
Nagin dance nachna..
:bunny:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Arrey spare me.
bowdown.gif
:...........

It was a mistake.
hide.gif

And you dont have to magnify it so much.8-)
Didnt i make the confession to you already...
If you want you can read that sentence as till it enters mar's orbit.Better???

No need for explanation it may have been because of overlook in reading articles.

Last edited:
Srinivas said:
No need for explanation it may have been because of overlook in reading articles.

Thanks for giving me an excuse :-)

But the moment i made that comment you knew i had committed a blunderrr thunderrrrr....didnt you??
Then why did you not correct me???

Btw i deleted that bird brained quote of mine.
bonk.gif
:........

Indian Rockets will explode tomorrow before it launch, India will fails tomorrow. Everyone get ready to laugh out loud even louder now. I heard that they going to postpone the damn launch tomorrow morning. Hahahahah
Suprise ! It was successfully launched into Earth's Orbit

Thanks for giving me an excuse :-)

But the moment i made that comment you knew i had committed a blunderrr thunderrrrr....didnt you??
Then why did you not correct me???

Btw i deleted that bird brained quote of mine.
bonk.gif
:........

:D there are lot of jokers here who post stupid things, no worries :enjoy:.

I have not seen your comment, But I realized it after your quote and explanation .... :).

A proud day for people of South Asian origin-with the launch of Mars Orbiter on 4-11-2013.South Asians are as good and brainy as people of other regions
CONGRATULATIONS TO ISRO

Back
Top Bottom