What's new

Latest ISRO video of the Mangalyaan Mars mission

@Dillinger

This vehicle is carrying a 14kg payload, couldn't they have waited for a bigger launch vehicle ?

its nothing....someone saw a graph from the TV and assumed something

I think so ... Actually the graph was the Time vs Relative Velocity , where there was a slight mismatch with the actual planned one . 
@Dillinger

This vehicle is carrying a 14kg payload, couldn't they have waited for a bigger launch vehicle ?

This time was selected to make use of the the available launch window .

Next launch window will be available only in 2016 .

@Dillinger

You want to minimize distance travelled due to Earth and Mars orbits. Even when they are in sync and closest to one another, the flight is still 400 million kms. THe next window was 3-4 years later.

@Dillinger

India's cryogenic engine is yet to be tested on GSLV which is a bigger recket, unfortunately the launch of GSLV on august 2013 is postponed.
Mars mission window is from october 28 to november month end I think.

GSLV should have been the launch vehicle for this mission, so they trimmed some weight.

India's cryogenic engine is yet to be tested on GSLV which is a bigger recket, unfortunately the launch of GSLV on august 2013 is postponed.
Mars mission window is from october 28 to november month end I think.

GSLV should have been the launch vehicle for this mission, so they trimmed some weight.

GSLV D5 with indigenous cryogenic engine will be launched on December 15 .

Finally phew.....
ISRO Chairman K Radhakrishnan: PSLV C25 placed Mars Orbiter Mission precisely in elliptical orbit about 44 minutes after lift off at 03.42

@Dillinger

As Earth and Mars come close to each other for every 2 years......The launch of this mission in November 2013 would allows the spacecraft to enter highly elliptical orbit of 500km x 80,000km around Mars in September 2014. If ISRO misses this window in November 2013 then the next window will be in 2016.

Mars has been a mysterious planet always.So until the vehicle lands successfully on mars the mission has its risks.

hahahaha lol :happy: :laugh:

alle chotu .....its an orbitor....it wont land on mars beta ....it will orbit around mars

500kg payload and not 14kg

Sensor payload is just 14kg. I looked at an interview with the ISRO chief.

The satellite will be in an elliptical orbit ranging from 380km to 80,000 km at the farthest. "Or it will be able to observe Mars of send data only when it is at 380 km. But I'm sceptical about the information that a 14kg payload, including Mars camera, mass methane sensor and atmosphere thermal Infrared imaging spectrometer, can send home," Nair said terming the mission as a publicity stunt.
http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...1_mars-mission-moon-mission-deviprasad-karnik

They could have waited to send a larger payload to do serious science instead. I hope by 2016 the GSLV would be operational.

hahahaha lol :happy: :laugh:

alle chotu .....its an orbitor....it wont land on mars beta ....it will orbit around mars

Ramu kaka

I've already once accepted on this thread that i've very little knowledge on this subject.And i assumed a few things here and there

But still i had to quote it....i love to show off whatever little knowledge i have.:devil:

Now you can go ahead and give me more gyaan on it.

I forgot to add that the launch vehicle is not 100% indigenous either。

As a matter of fact,it is not even 50% indigenous with,for example,the cryogenic engine being Russian。:rofl:
like u built ur own cryogenic engine euuu double standards..:lol: :rofl:
keep making fun of urself!!

Great success but Mangalyaan did fail in one crucial aspect unfortunately :flood:and that makes me sad:laughcry:

Back
Top Bottom