What's new

LaoSat-1: China Launches First Satellite for Laos, to Commemorate 40th Anniversary Of Laos Republic

wow, I really admire your knowledge, u seem know alot in many technical fields. But one thing u should know that CN bought oil rig design from US company and built it, CN didnt create the design.

If VN or our customer need deep water rig, then we can buy the design from US and build it too. US also can help VN to build the rig since we r TPP partners.

Thanks for your comments on my knowledge. I think I deserve it well. But some Vietnam PDFer told me I still could not secure my job since Vietnam goes with TPP:(

Go back to topic.

The original design of the 981 platform comes from US, that's true. But what's important is that China gets the technology and makes it localized successfully. And with the 981 platform as the foundation, we could continue to produce similar, but larger and more powerful platforms on our own. We already see similar cases of China from other high-tech areas, e.g. high speed trains (CNR, CSR), or telecom equipment (Huawei). I won't be surprise to see it be replicated again in offshore drilling equipment area. BTW, 982 platform is in construction now.

Compared to the story of 981, what could be called as shameful is that: some one has the complete blueprint in front of him, but he still doesn't know how to produce it. There is nothing worse than this!:( Your comment reminds me again the tragedy that some country although owns SU22 for 40years, it still has no clue about the production of the bird!

Come back to the drilling platform. To get the oil in deep water is an extremely complicated project. The 982 platform is just one part of the huge project. It needs the assistance from multiple vessels, each has its own very unique role. They are all very much high-tech-intensive, and incredibly expensive. Now let me show you pictures of the "colleagues" of 981 platform.

Haiyang Shiyou 681 / Deepwater AHTS vessel
681.jpg

Haiyang Shiyou 708 / Deepwater Engineering and Survey vessel
708.jpg

Haiyang Shiyou 720 / Deepwater Geophysical vessel
720.jpg

Haiyang Shiyou 201 / Deepwater Pipe-laying Crane vessel
201.jpg

BTW, if Vietnam wants to have rigs in the deep waters of the South China Sea, Vietnam really needs to accelerate the pace. Given the fast construction of China's artificial islands, the current status-quo of the South China Sea won't continue too long. :yahoo:

I told you so .

you are perfectly right, dude

Last edited:

Having been intellectually destroyed, you seem to be in the second stage after this :pop:, bro.

I feel great that I exposed you and your multiple accounts.

He was one the three members I have blocked. Over the time, he went through name changes, but he is still one of the blocked members, the Black Flag.

The other two, I know who they are and their names have not been changed.

I always believed the guy was Indian. I seem to be wrong, though.

Having been intellectually destroyed, you seem to be in the second stage after this :pop:, bro.

He was one the three members I have blocked. Over the time, he went through name changes, but he is still one of the blocked members, the Black Flag.

Most likely a Khmer troll as his opinion of Vietnamese history contrast with other Viets. To be honest, all those SE asian look the same to me.

:lol:

Thanks for your comments on my knowledge. I think I deserve it well. But some Vietnam PDFer told me I still could not secure my job since Vietnam goes with TPP:(

Go back to topic.

The original design of the 981 platform comes from US, that's true. But what's important is that China gets the technology and makes it localized successfully. And with the 981 platform as the foundation, we could continue to produce similar, but larger and more powerful platforms on our own. We already see similar cases of China from other high-tech areas, e.g. high speed trains (CNR, CSR), or telecom equipment (Huawei). I won't be surprise to see it be replicated again in offshore drilling equipment area. BTW, 982 platform is in construction now.

Compared to the story of 981, what could be called as shameful is that: some one has the complete blueprint in front of him, but he still doesn't know how to produce it. There is nothing worse than this!:( Your comment reminds me again the tragedy that some country although owns SU22 for 40years, it still has no clue about the production of the bird!

Come back to the drilling platform. To get the oil in deep water is an extremely complicated project. The 982 platform is just one part of the huge project. It needs the assistance from multiple vessels, each has its own very unique role. They are all very much high-tech-intensive, and incredibly expensive. Now let me show you pictures of the "colleagues" of 981 platform.

Haiyang Shiyou 681 / Deepwater AHTS vessel
View attachment 275034

Haiyang Shiyou 708 / Deepwater Engineering and Survey vessel
View attachment 275035

Haiyang Shiyou 720 / Deepwater Geophysical vessel
View attachment 275036

Haiyang Shiyou 201 / Deepwater Pipe-laying Crane vessel
View attachment 275037

BTW, if Vietnam wants to have rigs in the deep waters of the South China Sea, Vietnam really needs to accelerate the pace. Given the fast construction of China's artificial islands, the current status-quo of the South China Sea won't continue too long. :yahoo:

you are perfectly right, dude
Yeah, you still lose your job cos the whole CN economy will collapse in 2026, 10 years after TPP could be signed in Feb, 2016 as the plan.

And you could be captured like Nazi scientist and have to do whatever US tell u to do to save your life.

Of course, u can secretly sent your blue print to VN like Nazi transferred V1 tech to VN before ww2 end :laugh:

Last edited:
Yeah, you still lose your job cos the whole CN economy will collapse in 2026, 10 years after TPP could be signed in Feb, 2016 as the plan.

And you could be captured like Nazi scientist and have to do whatever US tell u to do to save your like.

Of course, u can secretly sent your blue print to VN like Nazi transferred V1 tech to VN before ww2 end :laugh:

Actually, I'm the most stupid guy in China. But even the most stupid Chinese could teach Vietnam some high tech! How terrible the situation of Vietnam is!!

If I were you, I would never expect a neighboring country with great military power would walk into economic collapse. For such a country with great military power but facing with economic challenges, an immediate response for its government is to launch war against one neighbor, which has some territory or sea disputes with the great military power. A war is the easiest way to make its economic engine operating again, and earn people's confidence on the government again. Who would be the victim neighbor?

ok, how about this: land based drilling. one example: PetroVietnam owns 40 percent in the Bir Sebaa field (Algeria), where reserves are estimated at 758 million barrels. production capacity right now: 20,000 bpd. expected to reach 40,000 barrels in 2019. many components of drilling facilities are imported from Vietnam.

UPDATE 1-Algeria boosts oil output by 32,000 bpd with two new fields| Reuters

CEO%20of%20PVEP%20visits%20and%20inspects%20Algeria%20project_1.jpg

CEO%20of%20PVEP%20visits%20and%20inspects%20Algeria%20project_3.jpg

bDWtlbMW.jpg

20150812104938-1439453972.jpg

I feel completely fine as long as it is not the stolen oil from our sea.

Actually, I'm the most stupid guy in China. But even the most stupid Chinese could teach Vietnam some high tech! How terrible the situation of Vietnam is!!

I feel completely fine as long as it is not the stolen oil from our sea.
I like superpower Chinese like you so smart. As for drilling No worry bro, we have no intention to drill in the East China Sea :-)

Only you said it. I never said I was destroyed. Going to sleep is not getting destroyed. Don't you have a sense of humor at all? :lol:

Hung! where have you been brother?

Huh I have been posting all these times.

I haven’t comment much in this thread, because to be fair, it is only about Laos and China so I don’t really want to get involved.

But the funny thing is, the very first reply was from a Chinese member dragging Vietnam into this thread, so I can understand why this thread has turned out so. lol

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom