What's new

LaoSat-1: China Launches First Satellite for Laos, to Commemorate 40th Anniversary Of Laos Republic

Exactly, you don't and never will.

For most people, confidence comes from a calm/cautious/careful assessment on own capability vs. competitor's capability. Without this, the so-called confidence will be no different to stupid, or arrogant.

Take you as the example, you obviously don't understand the difference between "reverse engineering at lab" vs. "large-scale commercialization at real business world", and that leads you to think "copy is easy". What's funnier is that you even want to use the example of "I can make an EV at lab" to belittle BYD's achievement to become World's 2nd largest EV manufacturer. But do you dare to drive your lab EV in real world?

Here are some pictures of BYD's PHEV (plug-in hybrid electric vehicles) model Tang (唐). Tang's current monthly sales is about 3,500 units, which equivalent to 40% of total monthly passenger vehicles sales in Vietnam (FYI, Vietnam's 2014 sales is about 100,000 units). Check the interior pictures of Tang, do you think this is something you can make by your own?

u_autohomecar__wKgH3FXed_OAKN2NAAiMos03SHM092.jpg

u_autohomecar__wKgH5lXabVCALMCiAAHtrrH7o9U036.jpg

u_201506170846175815132112.jpg

For most people, confidence comes from a calm/cautious/careful assessment on own capability vs. competitor's capability. Without this, the so-called confidence will be no different to stupid, or arrogant.

Take you as the example, you obviously don't understand the difference between "reverse engineering at lab" vs. "large-scale commercialization at real business world", and that leads you to think "copy is easy". What's funnier is that you even want to use the example of "I can make an EV at lab" to belittle BYD's achievement to become World's 2nd largest EV manufacturer. But do you dare to drive your lab EV in real world?

Here are some pictures of BYD's PHEV (plug-in hybrid electric vehicles) model Tang (唐). Tang's current monthly sales is about 3,500 units, which equivalent to 40% of monthly passenger vehicles sales in Vietnam (FYI, Vietnam's 2014 sales is about 100,000 units). Check the interior pictures of Tang, do you think this is something you can make by your own?

View attachment 274866

View attachment 274867

View attachment 274868

"For most people, confidence comes from a calm/cautious/careful assessment on own capability vs. competitor's capability. Without this, the so-called confidence will be no different to stupid, or arrogant."

It's not arrogant when it's the truth. Whose your most people in your context? You?

China is not the only country in the world to build things. This includes rockets, jets, cars, train, etc.

Last edited:
"For most people, confidence comes from a calm/cautious/careful assessment on own capability vs. competitor's capability. Without this, the so-called confidence will be no different to stupid, or arrogant."

It's not arrogant when it's the truth. Whose your most people in your context? You? lol!

China is not the only country in the world to build things. This includes rockets, jets, cars, train, etc.

I never say China is the only country to produce the high-tech stuffs. I never said something like this. The question is, where is the position of Vietnam?

There are many countries could make rockets, jets, cars, trains, but:
- rocket: how many of them can launch manned-spacecraft and have own space station on orbit?
- jets: how many of them can develop and make own stealth fighters like F22 or J20?
- cars: how many of them can have own electric vehicle company that ranked as one of the largest EV players globally?
- trains: how many of them can build own high speed trains and achieve a 50% market share globally?

Is there any country other than China that could achieve all the four mentioned points? Answer me!

That's the truth, but you obviously prefer to be blind to it.

I never say China is the only country to produce the high-tech stuffs. I never said something like this. The question is, where is the position of Vietnam?

There are many countries could make rockets, jets, cars, trains, but:
- rocket: how many of them can launch manned-spacecraft and have own space station on orbit?
- jets: how many of them can develop and make own stealth fighters like F22 or J20?
- cars: how many of them can have own electric vehicle company that ranked as one of the largest EV players globally?
- trains: how many of them can build own high speed trains and achieve a 50% market share globally?

Is there any country other than China that could achieve all the four mentioned points? Answer me!

That's the truth, but you obviously prefer to be blind to it.

LMAO, now you're getting it. You see how I reverse psychology on you? It worked. Just relax okay? we don't need to continue on this. It's getting boring. Cheers :cheers:

LMAO, now you're getting it. You see how I reverse psychology on you? It worked. Just relax okay? we don't need to continue on this. It's getting boring. Cheers :cheers:
Let's speak it with facts. Answer me the following questions please:

1. Is it you that want to use the examples of rockets, cars, jets and trains to belittle China's achievement?
  2. Do I make anything wrong to say China is the only country on earth that has achieved extraordinary achievements in all the four areas that you mentioned?
  3. Where is the position of Vietnam today in the four areas you raised?
  4. Would you be extremely thrilled if Vietnam could show any potential to move to close to China's current status in any of the four areas in a relatively short period, let's say 20 years?

Let's speak it with facts. Answer me the following questions please:

1. Is it you that want to use the examples of rockets, cars, jets and trains to belittle China's achievement?
  2. Do I make anything wrong to say China is the only country on earth that has achieved extraordinary achievements in all the four areas that you mentioned?
  3. Where is the position of Vietnam today in the four areas you raised?
  4. Would you be extremely thrilled if Vietnam could show any potential to move to close to China's current status in any of the four areas in a relatively short period, let's say 20 years?

lol, I'm tired. Look, China did a great job. But they aren't the only one who can obtain those technologies. That was my point. Are you happy now?

On your last point. With money or investment, Vietnam can make it happen in less than 20 years and even less than a decade. But right now it lacks money. I'm not saying it's not impossible. Things change everyday. Cheers! zzzzzzzzzzzzZZZz

Technologies are there. Money is not. :sleep:

lol, I'm tired. Look, China did a great job. But they aren't the only one who can obtain those technologies. That was my point. Are you happy now?

On your last point. With money or investment, Vietnam can make it happen in less than 20 years and even less than a decade. But right now it lacks money. I'm not saying it's not impossible. Things change everyday. Cheers! zzzzzzzzzzzzZZZz

Technologies are there. Money is not. :sleep:

less than 10 years? Hoho, what an aggressive target!

As an observer of the manufacturing industry upgrade of China, I know how difficult it is to develop the manufacturing sector, from weak to strong. So, good luck to you.

Vietnam poster here is very funny, even thry can' t match Thailand, Singapore, Philippine, Malaysia industrial output and financial capability of those countries. Singapore even can built their own warship like formidable class and a broad range of military vehicles like terrex, bionix and so on. Not to mention Indonesia . And then they are bragging alot like this
actually you are right. Vietnam is partly far behind. That's the reason we must work harder.
Next year or two? You obviously underestimate the complexity of the offshore oil platform like Haiyang Shiyou 981.
  • Time wise: The 981 platform is classified as the 6th generation semi-submersible platform. Its construction work started from 2008 and ended in 2011. But before the construction work at the shipyard, the R&D for 981 platform actually started from 2002. And prior to the 981 R&D started, China made its first semi-submersible platform in 1984 (Kantan No.3, a 2nd-generation semi-submersible platform). See? Without consecutive efforts since mid-1980s', there is no way for China to build the 981 platform. Rome is not built in one day!
  • Money wise: The 981 platform cost China one billion USD, which equivalent to 25% of Vietnam's defense budget. If Vietnam wants to build its own 981-alike platform, the spending required will be much higher than what China spends, because 1) Vietnam has almost no technology accumulation; 2) Vietnam needs to heavily depends on parts imports. See? It's a game of burning money, there is no other shortcut!
I admire your confidence. But underestimate the complexity of a Titan project is very very dangerous.
Our jack up oil rigs can dig deeper, the latest rig can reach 9,000 meters and second are good enough to export to foreign customers such as India and Brunei. Third, it's economy not relating to defence budget.

English - VietNamNet News

Last edited:
Our jack up oil rigs can dig deeper, the latest rig can reach 9,000 meters and second are good enough to export to foreign customers such as India and Brunei. Third, it's economy not relating to defence budget.

To address your points:
  1. Jackup exports from Vietnam: Welcome to join the Jackup business world. The market is currently dominated by China (No.1), Singapore (No.2) and Korea (No.3), with very few room left for new entrants. So Vietnam needs to be cautious on the intense competition
  2. Jackup to dig deep: No matter how deep Jackup could dig, it could only be used in shallow water areas, because it needs to be fixed on sea bed. But the remaining large oil reserve are usually in deep-water area. so semi-submersible platform is the future direction of the industry. Be prepared, if Vietnam treats offshore drilling equipment as a serious business
  3. 25% of military budget: I mentioned 25% of military budget is to remind you how expensive this Titan is! An amount of money that equivalent to 25% of military budget is a big number to any countries, be it China, US, Japan, or Vietnam. You have no other choice but to rely on government budget for such huge expense. So for countries that with very tight government budget, one billion dollar could be a great headache. So, pay more taxes to your government please.
Off-shore drilling equipment market share globally:
jackup market.jpg

Last edited:
To address your points:
  1. Jackup exports from Vietnam: Welcome to join the Jackup business world. The market is currently dominated by China (No.1), Singapore (No.2) and Korea (No.3), with very few room left for new entrants. So Vietnam needs to be cautious on the intense competition
  2. Jackup to dig deep: No matter how deep Jackup could dig, it could only be used in shallow water areas, because it needs to be fixed on sea bed. But the remaining large oil reserve are usually in deep-water area. so semi-submersible platform is the future direction of the industry. Be prepared, if Vietnam treats offshore drilling equipment as a serious business
  3. 25% of military budget: I mentioned 25% of military budget is to remind you how expensive this Titan is! An amount of money that equivalent to 25% of military budget is a big number to any countries, be it China, US, Japan, or Vietnam. You have no other choice but to rely on government budget for such huge expense. So for countries that with very tight government budget, one billion dollar could be a great headache. So, pay more taxes to your government please.
Off-shore drilling equipment market share globally:View attachment 274976
Brunei just bought some Jackup from VN, Malaysia(MY) is also TPP nations and she may buy some from VN instead of none TPP China .

And VN also need more Jackup to park to SCS(east VN sea)

Super power Vietnam? Right they will just a stone age country if not because Chinese and Sovyet helps. Don't pretends you are doing it alone. Vietnam is just as good as parasitic country, right now they are trying to sucks and milk from US to facing China. That's what Vietnam is good at. Don't expect them to launch such sophisticated commercial and military items like warships, tank, apc, engine to running vehicle and so on, just talk big and doing nothing except buying and give made in vietnam stamps on those items​
Why do I have the feeling you hate Vietnam?
No worry girl. If one day we Vietnam become as powerful as Japan, I will send you a Christmas gift:-)

To address your points:
Off-shore drilling equipment market share globally:View attachment 274976
Nobody knows exactly what defense budget of Vietnam is. Neither yours. You forgot CN and VN aren't democratic countries with transparent budget.

Brunei just bought some Jackup from VN, Malaysia(MY) is also TPP nations and she may buy some from VN instead of none TPP China .

And VN also need more Jackup to park to SCS(east VN sea)

We are talking about business, which means you need to secure constant orders to feed your workers and pay your suppliers. Do you think Brunei can place orders to Vietnam every year? Maybe you could also get some orders from Malaysia, but we all know Malaysia has very high expectation on its own manufacturing industry. "This stuff could even made by Vietnam, why we can not make it on our own?" This will be a very natural response of Malaysian. Do you agree? So, to compete in the Jackup business world, you anyway need to do direct competitions with the market leaders China, Singapore and Korea. Brag could not help Vietnam to win the competition, only hard work could.

Jackup rigs could be used at shallow water areas ONLY. It can not help Vietnam to get the oil from disputed areas in the South China Sea, which are almost 100% deep water areas.

Nobody knows exactly what defense budget of Vietnam is. Neither yours. You forgot CN and VN aren't democratic countries with transparent budget.

According to Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, Vietnam's 2014 military spending is 4.2 billion dollar. This is a reasonable figure: Vietnam's 2014 GDP is 186 billion dollar (source: World Bank), therefore military spending of Vietnam accounts for 2.3% of its total GDP. For most countries, military spending vs. GDP ratio is ranged from 2%~3%. You could brag that Vietnam is spending 10% GDP on military, but this will be a disaster for a poor country like Vietnam, because government will therefore be short on money for more important areas, e.g. education, infrastructures, medical, science development.

We are talking about business, which means you need to secure constant orders to feed your workers and pay your suppliers. Do you think Brunei can place orders to Vietnam every year? Maybe you could also get some orders from Malaysia, but we all know Malaysia has very high expectation on its own manufacturing industry. "This stuff could even made by Vietnam, why we can not make it on our own?" This will be a very natural response of Malaysian. Do you agree? So, to compete in the Jackup business world, you anyway need to do direct competitions with the market leaders China, Singapore and Korea. Brag could not help Vietnam to win the competition, only hard work could.

Jackup rigs could be used at shallow water areas ONLY. It can not help Vietnam to get the oil from disputed areas in the South China Sea, which are almost 100% deep water areas.

According to Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, Vietnam's 2014 military spending is 4.2 billion dollar. This is a reasonable figure: Vietnam's 2014 GDP is 186 billion dollar (source: World Bank), therefore military spending of Vietnam accounts for 2.3% of its total GDP. For most countries, military spending vs. GDP ratio is ranged from 2%~3%. You could brag that Vietnam is spending 10% GDP on military, but this will be a disaster for a poor country like Vietnam, because government will therefore be short on money for more important areas, e.g. education, infrastructures, medical, science development.
wow, I really admire your knowledge, u seem know alot in many technical fields. But one thing u should know that CN bought oil rig design from US company and built it, CN didnt create the design.

If VN or our customer need deep water rig, then we can buy the design from US and build it too. US also can help VN to build the rig since we r TPP partners.

ha ha ha big lol @ Jlaw, you have failed misery.
First you tried to start fights between Viet members and Filipino members. Now you have also failed in trying to start a fight between a Viet member and another Viet.

How does it feel like to go around threads to start fights between Viet or Filipino members but keep failing at it miserably? I’ve also noticed that you keep trying, in a very discreet and cunning manner, to start fights between pro-communist Chinese members and non-Communist Chinese members.

I feel great that I exposed you and your multiple accounts.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom