What's new

Lahori food from the eyes of a Karachiite

Point being, you can have great food with 100rs in your pocket anywhere in Karachi.. Lahore is a another matter.
Although Karachi has yet to have any spot where you can find Murgh Chola pre Fajr.. and have it next to the canal while some random rooster makes his announcement.

What about lahori lassi?
I served with jalebi 2 weeks a go at new anarkali
10734107_738258702915767_5310922680605947637_n.jpg

@Armstrong forget @Oscar he is missing out on life if he is not having nehari in Lahore overlooking the badshahi mosque, if I came to Lahore will you show me your fav restaurants?

@Armstrong forget @Oscar he is missing out on life if he is not having nehari in Lahore overlooking the badshahi mosque, if I came to Lahore will you show me your fav restaurants?

Yup ! :agree:

I sympathize with @Oscar his desire to be more Butt like has addled his taste-buds; pataa nahin yeh Bihari Kebab samajhtaa kiyun nahin hai keh asal cheeez asal hotiii hai and no matter whatever he tries to do he can never become a Butt Sahib ! :smokin:

Chapli kebabs at Shah Faisal colony, Karachi....probably the best other than in Peshawar of course.
These days i go there wearing a shalwar kameez though....with a Nokia 3310 type in my hand :P

Yup ! :agree:

I sympathize with @Oscar his desire to be more Butt like has addled his taste-buds; pataa nahin yeh Bihari Kebab samajhtaa kiyun nahin hai keh asal cheeez asal hotiii hai and no matter whatever he tries to do he can never become a Butt Sahib ! :smokin:
So where will we go first?

Point being, you can have great food with 100rs in your pocket anywhere in Karachi.. Lahore is a another matter.
Although Karachi has yet to have any spot where you can find Murgh Chola pre Fajr.. and have it next to the canal while some random rooster makes his announcement.

One can go to Data Darbar eat for free :pop:

If you have never tried that, how can you use the word "better"?

Never tried food from Lahore, so not really going to judge. But being a Karachiite I will be bias and say Karachi has better food varieties then Lahore. :p:

to all lahoris@ does any know the recipe of gosht halwa ( sweet!) or Murgh Shirin ( sweet) Kebab ?

i have my own version.. but want to know the lahori one. @Armstrong @Oscar !!

Who in their right minds would eat Karachi's Nihari anyhow ! :bad:

The best Nihari in the whole world is made at Anarkali in Androon Shehr Lahore ! :smokin:
huh! the best Nihari is in Lucknow. :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom