What's new

Lahore to get Indian help for bus system

By this logic China "The biggest non muslim nation on earth" should be our biggest enemy but that's not the case, China is currently the most friendly nation to Pakistan.

In short, Religion is not the problem in here the real problem is Pakistan-India dispute.

Your logic is flawed, last time I checked China was never a part of India. Pakistan and India are the same people, same bloodlines, etc. They split India and Pakistan was born due to the clash of religious rights from Muslims and Hindus. They still fight today as result of that.

Your logic is flawed, last time I checked China was never a part of India. Pakistan and India are the same people, same bloodlines, etc. They split India and Pakistan was born due to the clash of religious rights from Muslims and Hindus. They still fight today as result of that.

I don't know I have Pakistani Muslim friends, and when I showed them this forum they told me that this forum was by far biggest D*ck measuring contest they seen between India and Pakistan. And you know what I agree with them a lot.

The problem now a days between India and Pakistan is more about rivalry and competition than religion.

In the whole planet there was no single country which we could look as a model for transport? everything stopped at India?

Ise kahte hai," Bhookh se mar jayengi, par sautan ki di hui roti nahi khayengi." keep it up guys, You have my support.

isnt Turkey providing technical support regarding Metro bus ?? :S

Lahore: Punjab Chief Minister, Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif has said that revolutionary transformation in the transport sector would come about as a result of completion of metro bus system which is a great public service project in the history of the country. He said that metro bus service would provide speedy, comfortable and affordable transport to the citizens, for which e-ticketing system is being introduced and best possible facilities for passengers at bus stations would be arranged, while the metro bus service project would be exemplary in terms of its quality and transparency.
The Chief Minister was presiding over a high level meeting held with regard to metro bus service project, here today, during which various matters relating to the project including purchase of escalators and other affairs came under discussion. Project Director, BRT Sabtain Fazl-e-Haleem, Secretaries of Finance, Transport and Planning & Development Departments, DG LDA, MD PEMRA and other concerned officers attended the meeting. Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif said that provision of the best and affordable transport facilities to the people is foremost policy of the Punjab government, for which huge resources are being utilized. He said that for the first time in the history of the province, the best air-conditioned bus service has been launched for the poor masses in the provincial metropolis, while air-conditioned buses are also operating in Faisalabad, Rawalpindi, Bahawalpur and other big cities of the province.
He said that the government is providing every possible facility to the bus operators. He said that efficient and quality transport is also essential to promote business activities and, by adopting comprehensive strategy for betterment of transport system, positive results are being garnered, while the people have expressed their appreciation over initiation of best air-conditioned bus service. Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif said that work of construction of metro bus service over 32-KM long track from Gajumata to Shahdarah is continuing, while an 8-KM long flyover, which is the biggest in South Asia, is being constructed.
He said that Turkish companies are also working on various development projects in collaboration with the Punjab government, whereas the metro bus project is a shining example of Pak-Turk friendship. He said that not only the citizens would avail the best travelling facilities as a result of the completion of this project, but the relations between Pakistan and Turkey would also be further strengthened. The Chief Minister directed that the best and high quality escalators should be purchased for metro bus service project while the process of purchasing should be expedited.

Metro Bus System would bring revolution in transport sector:Shahbaz Sharif « Lahore News, political scandals, scams, Entertainment, Sports, Lahore history, Lahore police and infotainment portal

i dont know what kind of support indian want to give to pakistanis on metro bus in december LTC want to complete this project

59.jpg

58.jpg

work on metro bus is in full swing who said they are facing difficulties ?? :S recently they have added 5 under passes too in the project

Completion status according to HCS website (31-08-2012)

Package 4 - MAO college to Bhatti Chowk (Length = 2.5 kms) = 72 % complete

Package 7 - Construction of additional bridge along Lahore bridge = 28 % complete

it is divided into 8 packages

Construction of 2 more BRTS sections to start soon

LAHORE – In addition to the ongoing 32-km Gajumata to Shahdara section of the Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS), the provincial government plans to start work on two more sections, sources informed TheNation on Sunday.
The sources said the construction of other tracks extending from Thokar Niaz Baig to MAO College (13-km) and Mughalpura (20-km) via Canal Bank Road is likely to start soon. The government hopes to finish the project in six months at an estimated cost of Rs32 billion.
The major portion of the BRTS, to be built in the centre of Ferozpur Road from Gajumata (Kahna) to Shahdara at a cost of Rs22 billion, has been divided into six packages. “The work on 10.1-km package 1 extending from Kahna to Kalma Chowk has already been completed,” sources in the Traffic Engineering and Planning Agency (Tepa) said.
As per the plan, the work on the 4.9-km package two extending from Kalma Chowk to Qurtaba Chowk is being carried out by the same construction company. “The plants on the green belts on Ferozpur Road from Kalma Chowk to the Muslim Town flyover have already been removed,” the sources added.
“The work on packages three and four comprising 4.1-km elevated lane from Qurtaba Chowk to Data Darbar is underway; while the work on packages five (a 2.5-km stretch from Data Darbar to Niazi Chowk) and six (a 5.5-km stretch from Niazi Adda to Shahdara) is going to start in a couple of days,” the sources informed.
They said the Planning and Development Department had approved the elevated lane for packages three and four. An official said the Old Ravi Bridge would serve as the BRTS lane for package five and would be closed to general traffic.
Officials involved with the project said they were currently deciding what land purchases would be necessary for the BRTS route. They said a large amount of money was required for land purchase for packages two, three and four; and they also anticipated protests in some cases.
An official said 3-10 feet land from the edge of the road was required at Icchra, and around 21 feet at Shama on Ferozepur Road. “Land was also purchased from the Old Hailey College for package three,” he informed.
He said several shops would have to be torn down at Qurtaba Chowk, as well as many shops on one side of Lytton Road. “Shops at the corner of Lake Road have also been demolished. The construction of packages five and six is simple and does not require extensive land acquisition.
Project Director Mazhar Khan said the work on South Asia’s longest flyover, which is 7.5-km-long and extends from Muslim Town to Data Darbar, had already begun. He claimed that the construction of the 32-km Gajumata to Shahdara section of the BRTS would be completed by the end of October.
Mazhar, however, said the work on other sections of the BRTS – extending from Thokar Niaz Baig to MAO College (13-km) and Mughalpura (20-km) via Canal Bank Road – was likely to start in November after the provincial government’s approval.
A Tepa planning director said it was a good idea to simultaneously start work on the entire project. “It will mean finishing the project in the shortest possible time,” he said.
Chief Traffic Officer Dr Usman Anwar said the plan contained routes / tracks for smooth moving of ambulances towards government hospitals situated on the path of the BRTS, especially General Hospital, Children’s Hospital and Gulab Devi Hospital.
The Chief Traffic Officer further said after the completion of the BRTS, ambulances would be allowed to move on the path until the bus service was started. He said removal of encroachments from side-lanes would be ensured before the start of bus service so that ambulances and other emergency vehicles could move swiftly.

Construction of 2 more BRTS sections to start soon | The Nation

I don't know I have Pakistani Muslim friends, and when I showed them this forum they told me that this forum was by far biggest D*ck measuring contest they seen between India and Pakistan. And you know what I agree with them a lot.

The problem now a days between India and Pakistan is more about rivalry and competition than religion.

Sure there are other issues that have arisen between the two countries (Cashmere for example) but it would be quite ignorant/foolish to say that religion is not the fundamental issue at play here.

Sure there are other issues that have arisen between the two countries (Cashmere for example) but it would be quite ignorant/foolish to say that religion is not the fundamental issue at play here.

It's Kashmir, not cashmere.

Ok, you must hand over the water car engineer to India.

Agha-Waqar-Khan-Pakistani-Water-Car.jpg

I thought he was a fake, not sure if that is true or not, it was a rumor i read/heard.

Its good that Pakistan has approached India. India is now becoming more and more expert in urban planning. Sharing it with Pak will help both as our problems are same.

Just like Arabs and Jews are cousins? Rofl.

Pakistan as a nation has no moral values or dignity. Pretty soon the nation will resort to selling their mothers sisters and daughters! Not criticizing Indian infrastructure but whats the point of gaining independence when Pakistan wants to Indiafy everything from social life to governance? I think only Pakistan will prove in coming years that independence was unnecessary!

Finally a person that understands what is going on.

This is sickening.

Finally a person that understands what is going on.

This is sickening.

what is sickening.

Mumbai's new airport is designed by a western firm, gift city in gujarat is designed by a chinese firm called east china designers. China's jin mao tower is designed by a sweedish firm.

This is the era of globalisation, and if you can't do something on your own then you ask for consultants in other countries. This is what Pakistan is doing right now.

what is sickening.

Mumbai's new airport is designed by a western firm, gift city in gujarat is designed by a chinese firm called east china designers. China's jin mao tower is designed by a sweedish firm.

This is the era of globalisation, and if you can't do something on your own then you ask for consultants in other countries. This is what Pakistan is doing right now.

I'm against globalization, and for good reason.

This is terrible news.

Pakistan as a nation has no moral values or dignity. Pretty soon the nation will resort to selling their mothers sisters and daughters! Not criticizing Indian infrastructure but whats the point of gaining independence when Pakistan wants to Indiafy everything from social life to governance? I think only Pakistan will prove in coming years that independence was unnecessary!
:D:lol::laugh::no::disagree::p:rofl::)

Back
Top Bottom