What's new

Lahore Should Be Developed Like Delhi: Pak Minister

Lol @ Indian posting selected pics...

I wish I was on computer so I could show you what Delhi really looks like

You don't have to, we all know it.

Yes, Delhi does have a slum where all the outsiders, esp Bangladeshis, come and live. It is across the Yamuna bridge in East Delhi.

Otherwise, more or less, Delhi is same as shown in these pictures. Some pictures are more than 3-4 years old, and it has developed much more than since.

And no, the airport is not surrounded by any slums. No slums for miles. There is a well organized sub-city, an area allocated to ultra-expensive farm houses, a large market of well furnished 3 star to 5 star hotels, army cantonment, and a village (which is pretty clean and well organized by Asian standards) that surround the airport.

You are most welcome to come to Delhi, perhaps then you can make a proper judgment.

Lahore, and every other city in Pakistan has the best sewage system in South Asia.
really??

Street furniture? You mean the half broken benches, or the paan stains? :lol:

Pedestrian bridges with escalators

dlh3.jpg

Footpaths with cycle tracks and tactile tiles for blind

Tactile-Tiles.jpg

Kiosks

case%20qumbet%20delhi%20auto-prepaid%20booth%2001b%20.jpg

Vending+Kiosk,+Delhi.jpg

Delhi bus stops

2657075001_bb511ae58d.jpg

Per capita means nothing. Delhis GDP is bigger than Lahores and when you divide GDP by pop. you get per capita

even then:rofl:

Any picture of Delhi posted by an Indian member showing development =>Selective pics
Any picture of Lahore posted by a Pakistani member showing development =>Reality

Faulty logic??

There are shock stories written on the web where a Indian traveled to Pakistan and saw it much cleaner than India

You can find them @ Haqs 'a'muzings;)

Actually our ministers and politicans are paray likhay jahil.. They have no understanding of difference between India and Pakistan.

There are shock stories written on the web where a Indian traveled to Pakistan and saw it much cleaner than India
I know man. I read it. But cleanliness is not the only factor, overall Delhi is better than Lahore. Google it and compare them. Delhi is better in almost all aspects. But in cleanliness I agree that Lahore is better, and also there are less beggars in Lahore.
A neutral opinion mate.

@gslv mk3 You can only post select pics of Delhi. Even I can post pics of 5 star hotel in Somalia and claim Somalia is the most developed of the word

By your logic even somalians can boast about their infra by posting select pics............ Then show even a single pic of Lahore infra that looks better than this ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyways I cannot argue with Indians who provide SELECTED pics of delhi. They, the world and we know the status of Delhi today... :disagree:

Case closed

I cannot post pics as im on mobile version

you can post some pics of poverty....We can do the same........

Anyways I cannot argue with Indians who provide SELECTED pics of delhi. They, the world and we know the status of Delhi today... :disagree:

Case closed

I cannot post pics as im on mobile version

Yeah...and we know 'Lahore' status.............

Look at the pictures of ring road, they will answer your question, there aren't many cars on it, why the heck would we put additional lanes? there is simply no need. You are comparing our highways with yours, need to remind you that construction of our highways started 2 decades ago, they are not new to us but they will be expanded into northern areas.

Dang! That for me is impossible to imagine. You make any road here - even 14 laned ones get jammed in the evening! The need of more and more roads here is insatiable.

Dang! That for me is impossible to imagine. You make any road here - even 14 laned ones get jammed in the evening! The need of more and more roads here is insatiable.
Feel free to look at the pics of ring road lahore, hardly any traffic, its a ring road so not much traffic on it compared to the roads in the actual lahore city.

But considering you don't have electricity - do these escalators actually function?

Electricity problem is there but i think its over exaggerated. This time around it goes only for 2-3 hours a day. These esclators are meant for the BRT. So obviously the government must have done something to ensure they would work at all times.

Electricity problem is there but i think its over exaggerated. This time around it goes only for 2-3 hours a day. These esclators are meant for the BRT. So obviously the government must have done something to ensure they would work at all times.
2-3 hours in Winter. :blink:

Was that suposed to be a positive or a negative gesture ? :undecided:
I mean power cut in summer is understandable but Lahore is a big city and 2-3 hours of load shedding in winter time shows acute power shortage.

In summer even my city has load shedding, but not everyday, its a cycle, some part receives power and in winter I hardly see any. I have adjusted to 5 hours power cut during summer as it is understandable but I go angry if it happens in winter.

I mean power cut in summer is understandable but Lahore is a big city and 2-3 hours of load shedding in winter time shows acute power shortage.

In summer even my city has load shedding, but not everyday, its a cycle, some part receives power and in winter I hardly see any. I have adjusted to 5 hours power cut during summer as it is understandable but I go angry if it happens in winter.

A lot of people have UPS systems in their home. Not sure if people in India also follow ?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom