What's new

Lahore roundabout sparks battle of identity in Pakistan

Babri mosque had a major importance considering its age and its direct link to Muslim history in Sub continent. It was an archaeological site which directly related to Muslim history don't relate it to other temples. Secondly India has a major minority in shape of Muslims while Hindus hardly constitute 1 or 2% in PK, that too confined to some areas in Sindh and Baluchistan. The temples destroyed were never in service, but I do condemn their destruction.

Then again, Gurdwaras have survived in Pakistan while Golden Temple was attacked by tanks (I think Golden Temple is the only time in human history where a religious site was attacked by tanks) :coffee:.

Every religious place has relevance to some, this is the same kind of mentality I see common among Pakistanis, since they are less or the place small its importance is of little import.

That 1 or 2% maybe insignificant to you and your country for stamping their religious structures but then your country among India and Pakistan is the only one where minorities have shrunk in numbers... Tells us really a lot of things

Regrettable. Here is Delhi we not only have streets and roundabouts names after Indian muslims but also non-subcontinental muslims.

Back
Top Bottom