What's new

Lahore Karachi motorway most expensive in world

Same way you build a metro in lahore's most congested area...

But metro is built in the same principle... They used bridges to create road network that would allow to move at speed without the hurdles of bikes , cars, wagons and buses. This allows very quick travel on metro ( use it myself as well) and is again very filled. Lahore is sort of overpopulated. :p :p

the thing is Motorway is getting build weather one like it or not the biding has been done contract has already been given land acquisition has been completed we are wasting our time here now

someone close this thread

Like i said The motorways is going through those ares where there is no National highways connection by making motorways it will not only connect cities with each other but also faster way of travel between cities take an example of Lahore Islamabad Motorway and GT road plus the demand will always increase the truck sale is high the chinese truck will eventually come to Pakistan the railway freight is there but still you cannot send every container by railways... and there will be new industrial states in different cities of Pakistan what would need motorways to like the one Industrial estate is Sundar Industrial estate in Lahore another is under construction near Motorway sheikhupura named Quaid e Azam industrial Estate wont that increase the load on National highway?

now

If you travel on GT road from Lahore to Islamabad it will take take you more then 6 hours to reach Islamabad why cause the GT passes through many cities there are many markets shops and what not on GT road plus traffic of cities mix with traffic coming from other cities causing a traffic jams

Whereas on Motorway if you follow speed limit of 120 Km/h them it would take 3 hours and 30 min to reach Islamabad from Lahore and vice versa that's gonna save you fuel to plus if you ever traveled to Faisalabad from Rawalpindi before motorway you would really know the importance of motorway it took 8 hours now it takes 4 hours....

For cargo, you use a railway. A railway is more efficient than even cargo ships (if you compare cost/ton/mile). So that argument about heavy traffic is out of question. You want cargo, fix railways.

Now about RWP to FSD. Currently, RWP to LHR is 4 hrs, not 3.5 through motorway. With N-5, that's usually about 4.5 hrs or so which can easily be cut down significantly if they simply upgrade the road.

And next, from LHE to FSD, is the sheikhupura road which takes around 2hrs max the way it is right now. Upgrade that road and that can be cut down significantly too.

And this upgrading should have cost much less than that brand new M2. I'm not saying that it doesn't connect many cities more efficiently, but was it worth it ?

But metro is built in the same principle... They used bridges to create road network that would allow to move at speed without the hurdles of bikes , cars, wagons and buses. This allows very quick travel on metro ( use it myself as well) and is again very filled. Lahore is sort of overpopulated. :p :p

No, they had to buy out property and expand the ferozpur road before building the metro road. Fly overs came later.

That's what happens when you have poorly planned overpopulated cities...No amount of road expansions will solve that problem.

I was talking about the ferozepur road expansion which was done to accommodate the metro.

Well for that you will need to expand and develop the cities.. Expand the roads and reduce the traffic by bringing forward cheap public transport that will reduce the burden on inner city roads... Traffic is a huge issue of metropolitan cities and in terms of population lahore is a huge city and thus would require cheap and quick public transport to reduce traffic especially bike traffic. When metro came ( 15 rupee ride which minimum fare of any bus service ) it reduced the traffic a bit bcz people who would use bikes started to use metro to save petrol ( know a bunch of students who did that) however it is still not enough...

the thing is Motorway is getting build weather one like it or not the biding has been done contract has already been given land acquisition has been completed we are wasting our time here now

someone close this thread

No we're not wasting our time. Their's nothing wrong in finding past mistakes and learning from them.

Well for that you will need to expand and develop the cities.. Expand the roads and reduce the traffic by bringing forward cheap public transport that will reduce the burden on inner city roads... Traffic is a huge issue of metropolitan cities and in terms of population lahore is a huge city and thus would require cheap and quick public transport to reduce traffic especially bike traffic. When metro came ( 15 rupee ride which minimum fare of any bus service ) it reduced the traffic a bit bcz people who would use bikes started to use metro to save petrol ( know a bunch of students who did that) however it is still not enough...

Yes, exactly. We have too high population density in lahore and also other cities. People should move out of cities.
We simply can't afford to built a high tech infrastructure for high density cities. We have the more sensible option of expanding horizontally to outside the city.

For cargo, you use a railway. A railway is more efficient than even cargo ships (if you compare cost/ton/mile). So that argument about heavy traffic is out of question. You want cargo, fix railways.

Now about RWP to FSD. Currently, RWP to LHR is 4 hrs, not 3.5 through motorway. With N-5, that's usually about 4.5 hrs or so which can easily be cut down significantly if they simply upgrade the road.

And next, from LHE to FSD, is the sheikhupura road which takes around 2hrs max the way it is right now. Upgrade that road and that can be cut down significantly too.

And this upgrading should have cost much less than that brand new M2. I'm not saying that it doesn't connect many cities more efficiently, but was it worth it ?

No, they had to buy out property and expand the ferozpur road before building the metro road. Fly overs came later.

Of course road expansions were done as well as expansion of road connecting ferozepur road and Multan road after chuburji .. This was done to accommodate the metro fly over as well make sure the road was expanded to handle the traffic increase. There are two fly overs. The metro flyover and with it the local traffic fly over that comes in the middle of ferozepuroad. It has been very helpful but traffic influx needs to be controlled.

Again, feasibility study please :P

Again - Where you live and how many times you actually drove from Lahore to Southwards? Because if you have drove you would knew that how much land of cities and towns you would need to acquire at current value there, and how many people you have to compensate to destroy their shops, homes etc .

No we're not wasting our time. Their's nothing wrong in finding past mistakes and learning from them.

Yes, exactly. We have too high population density in lahore and also other cities. People should move out of cities.
We simply can't afford to built a high tech infrastructure for high density cities. We have the more sensible option of expanding horizontally to outside the city.

People won't move out of the city. Lahore has everything. Apart from every govt worm being done there lahore literally has everything from health care to schools. Even as we talk people are buying houses in muhafiz town or eden villas or LDA park or johar town. If one wishes to ease the pressure of population from lahore then one must provide other cities the same facilities
..I was very haooy when passport offices were coming to nearby cities as it would save the hassle of standing in line an hour before the opening of the office...

You need a few Lahore's bcz population is growing at a startling rate and lahore it developing into a metropolitan and is attracting everyone from nearby areas... Heck thanks to motorway people simply come to lahore on a day trip everyday...

Higher connectivity will mean greater population in greater urban cities... We need to gain the capabilities quickly bvz the population is rising and the city is expanding and it needs greater transit infrastructure.

People won't move out of the city. Lahore has everything. Apart from every govt worm being done there lahore literally has everything from health care to schools. Even as we talk people are buying houses in muhafiz town or eden villas or LDA park or johar town. If one wishes to ease the pressure of population from lahore then one must provide other cities the same facilities
..I was very haooy when passport offices were coming to nearby cities as it would save the hassle of standing in line an hour before the opening of the office...

You need a few Lahore's bcz population is growing at a startling rate and lahore it developing into a metropolitan and is attracting everyone from nearby areas... Heck thanks to motorway people simply come to lahore on a day trip everyday...

Higher connectivity will mean greater population in greater urban cities... We need to gain the capabilities quickly bvz the population is rising and the city is expanding and it needs greater transit infrastructure.

It's really a matter of population growth control. Pakistan needs to stop reproducing like rabbits.

And yes, more new cities are needed. I think private companies should get in on that. Build small towns outside cities and do it right. Bahria Town is an example, it's a small project, but isn't it great ?

It's really a matter of population growth control. Pakistan needs to stop reproducing like rabbits.

And yes, more new cities are needed. I think private companies should get in on that. Build small towns outside cities and do it right. Bahria Town is an example, it's a small project, but isn't it great ?

Yes massive population control is needed. We dont have the brains nor capability to utilize a large population and Pakistan is seriously growing at a staggering rate..

I am all for it ..private companies building wonderful cities is a great idea in my eyes. Bahria town is wonderful and very safe. They have their own police system, they have cameras and an entire control room in the middle, they have their own electricity production so loadshedding is nonexistent. They have their own cleaning crew so you won't find a smudge on the footpath. Schools, hospitals, parks and restaurants all are available.. Bahria town is a very good place and my personal visits over there have me say that the city is delightful.

Private companies building cities will help accommodate population and also cities like Bahria town will be wonderful.

priorities matter...I am not sure if I speculated who he would please :unsure:

the problem with you people is that you think its a merhbani when someone does his job :unsure:

While we say get your priorities right and stop charging us more than it costs! Is that too much to ask for? Truth cant possibly be too much now can it?
There must be a massive corruption behind it Nawaz group are looters, let them loot let them built or just let them loot for nothing.

Why Norway which is richest country but best country to live in the world has worst roads than most of european countries ??

he just search 5 days anti Gov videos which is basically ARY news Videos or Siasat.pk and rest 2 days he post and vanish :D :lol::lol::lol:

Most of Siasat.pk threads source is print or electronic media, so basically its the media.
Objections on Public Projects are raised everywhere in the world but the important Question is " Does the accused govt department/minister comes out with clear evidence to refute the claim? or a higher authority conducts an inquiry to find the truth?".
Usually thats not the case in Pakistan, the inquires are ordered to either delay or bury the matter (as we would have something new to talk about after few weeks) or give clean chit to the accused. If the project is a success then its due to the efforts of PM or CM but if its a failure then they find scape goat in the form of Project Dir/ Chief Engineer/MD. Case in point is NandiPur Power Plant.

Nawaz knows are bewakoof awaam give votes on roads and will make a lot of money out of it. Win win situation for him

Back
Top Bottom