What's new

Lahore 'attackers identified'

Have you forgotten Sarabjit Singh and Kashmir Singh, two Indian Punjabi spys, who speak fluent Punjabi, and were caught in Pakistan?

Speaking Punjabi doesn't only pertain to Pakistanis, Indian Punjabis are more fond of Punjabi language than Pakistani Punjabis, who prefer Urdu.

Get your facts straight. I'm a jadi pushti Lahori. I speak Punjabi. My family speaks Punjabi.... our "younger generation" speaks Punjabi.
I don't know who your talking about.... in my intial post I said there is a possibilty of a foreign hand being involved.

You are obsessed with pointing a finger at India on this topic. I'm done discussing this with you...... because you don't have your facts straight about us Punjabi speaking Pakistanis.

This is madness. When your own govt denies India was involved, people are still finding excuses to blame India. If not the men, then the 'guidance'!

The denial is still present-That anything wrong happening in Pakistan has to have India behind it.

This is madness. When your own govt denies India was involved, people are still finding excuses to blame India. If not the men, then the 'guidance'!

The denial is still present-That anything wrong happening in Pakistan has to have India behind it.

True. They are used to deny US and Indian reports of terror activities in Pakistan, now they have taken that a step ahead and have denied whatever their own govt is saying.

Get your facts straight. I'm a jadi pushti Lahori. I speak Punjabi. My family speaks Punjabi.... our "younger generation" speaks Punjabi.
I don't know who your talking about.... in my intial post I said there is a possibilty of a foreign hand being involved.

You are obsessed with pointing a finger at India on this topic. I'm done discussing this with you...... because you don't have your facts straight about us Punjabi speaking Pakistanis.

I'm a Punjabi Pakistani too and most of my dad's side live in Lahore. We speak Urdu, my cousins in Lahore dont speak Punjabi they speak Urdu...our grandparents spoke fluent Punjabi, our parents also speak fluent Punjabi but we prefer having conversations in Urdu. The last time I visited my cousins in Lahore, all of their friends spoke Urdu not Punjabi.

The Indian Punjabis I met in US asked me how come Punjabi Pakistanis are forgetting their language and adopting Urdu. Indian Punjabis are much more fond of Punjabi language than Punjabi Pakistanis, who prefer Urdu. That's what I've noticed when meeting people from different countries.

No Lashkar, Lakhvi link found in Lahore attack: Malik

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister's Adviser on Interior Rehman Malik on Thursday said that leads suggested that the banned outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and Lakhvi had no links with the attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in Lahore.

'However, the involvement of foreign hands in the incident cannot be ruled out,' he told APP while talking to journalists at Parliament House.

Malik reiterated that the perpetrators of the incident would soon be brought to justice. He said the investigation report would be completed within 24 hours and added that the probe was heading in the right direction.

Referring to the Mumbai terror attack, the adviser said Pakistan had conveyed 30 questions to the Indian authorities but they were yet to respond.

He urged India to share answers of the questions at the earliest so that the perpetrators could be given exemplary punishment.

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect...an/no+let,+lakhvi+link+found+in+lahore+attack

This is not madness as you may like to put it. It is high time that the people of Pakistan reject this BS claim made by the government under whatever pressure they were. The government has lost all moral grounds on this one, so why should we blindly accept their word for it. I am from Pakistan and unlike many wanna be, i live there and let me be very clear, no Pakistani and i mean no pakistani as a different opinion on this one in particular and the same has been expressed by many over the tv and on day to day basis.

True. They are used to deny US and Indian reports of terror activities in Pakistan, now they have taken that a step ahead and have denied whatever their own govt is saying.

Then all the editorials and people shouting that its time for Pakistani's to stop being in denial and accept reality has been a wasteful exercise. Most Pakistani's still are content to blame the entire world for their ills but themselves!

And if the rest of the world shouts in chorus, that Pakistan has become a terrorist haven, then it becomes a Zionist-Hindu Conspiracy.

This is not madness as you may like to put it. It is high time that the people of Pakistan reject this BS claim made by the government under whatever pressure they were. The government has lost all moral grounds on this one, so why should we blindly accept their word for it. I am from Pakistan and unlike many wanna be, i live there and let me be very clear, no Pakistani and i mean no pakistani as a different opinion on this one in particular and the same has been expressed by many over the tv and on day to day basis.

The fact that avg Joe on the street says that India is involved or great TV personalities like Zaid Hamid espouse everyday that India is the cause, DOES NOT make it true.

Your govt is doing an investigation, and from preliminary reports, it seems they think India is NOT involved. The govt of Sri Lanka has said India is not involved. Then you should have faith in your govt.

And if you dont, then ask accountability from your politicians, like we did after the Mumbai Massacre.

I really thought that this tragic event would make atleast some people realize the gravity of the situation, of allowing terrorists on their soil and striking peace deals with them, it seems, the opposite has happened. People are disregarding their govts and other govt's view to put the blame on India.

I'm a Punjabi Pakistani too and most of my dad's side live in Lahore. We speak Urdu, my cousins in Lahore dont speak Punjabi they speak Urdu...our grandparents spoke fluent Punjabi, our parents also speak fluent Punjabi but we prefer having conversations in Urdu. The last time I visited my cousins in Lahore, all of their friends spoke Urdu not Punjabi.

One last thing. You can't base this on your families language preference.

Your govt is doing an investigation, and from preliminary reports, it seems they think India is NOT involved. The govt of Sri Lanka has said India is not involved. Then you should have faith in your govt.

That is the whole point. There are no investigations being done and the government is changing its stance with every phone call.:angry:

And if you dont, then ask accountability from your politicians, like we did after the Mumbai Massacre.

I agree however in a country with feudal system in place, it will take some time before people get to the street and demand accountability.

I really thought that this tragic event would make atleast some people realize the gravity of the situation, of allowing terrorists on their soil and striking peace deals with them, it seems, the opposite has happened. People are disregarding their govts and other govt's view to put the blame on India.

I completely understand from your point of view as you are an Indian and would defend your country no matter what, but let me tell you India is no saint. It has all along destabilize Pakistan or at least tried too. The example of 71 is right there in front of us, don't think Nation would be so stupid to believe otherwise just because GOP can't stand up to the pressure applied. Moreover it is the same GOP and previous governments (Musharraf) highlighting the foreign hand with evidence, however what we need is to back it up like India does and pursue our case to the highest level. For now we lack that because we come under pressure and this is the biggest threat to Pakistan and not some XYZ Jhiadi organization, for all we know it might be Indian sponsored as well. RR has posted even the name of one.

One last thing. You can't base this on your families language preference.

I'm basing this on the families I met in Lahore, not only my family.

look guys, i live in Lahore and i prefer to speak in Urdu however in my day to day routine people speak punjabi and urdu both, its not like one language is preferred over the other. I may also add that people usually from low ranks like mechanics or raksha drivers or halwai do speak punjabi all the time. What is the argument all about?

Jaish-E-Mohammed - Pakistani ISI's foot soldier in Kashmir - founded by Maulana Masood Azhar - most wanted terrorist in India

Lashkar-E-Jhangvi - Wahabi terrorist organisation. Killed Daniel Pearl as well as Benazir Bhutto. Hates Shias and foreigners. Bombed protestant church in Islamabad killing 16. Affiliated with ISI and part of Taliban. also operates from Afghanistan.

ISI's murgas coming home to roost !! :agree:

ISI Murgas are coming home to produce more eggs through Indian chicken, they especially like bollywood hens as they can be bought at any costand prone to lay more eggs than normal Indian chicken cause rest of the chickens are HIV infected.:rofl:

Asim and I just posted an article in DAWN which stated evidence pointed towards LeT and ruled out Indian and RAW link. And now this contradictary news by the same newspaper.
What has Pakistan come to.

Nobody trusts each other.

Govt suspects Army.
People suspect Govt.

I completely understand from your point of view as you are an Indian and would defend your country no matter what, but let me tell you India is no saint. It has all along destabilize Pakistan or at least tried too. The example of 71 is right there in front of us, don't think Nation would be so stupid to believe otherwise just because GOP can't stand up to the pressure applied. Moreover it is the same GOP and previous governments (Musharraf) highlighting the foreign hand with evidence, however what we need is to back it up like India does and pursue our case to the highest level. For now we lack that because we come under pressure and this is the biggest threat to Pakistan and not some XYZ Jhiadi organization, for all we know it might be Indian sponsored as well. RR has posted even the name of one.

Ice Cold, sorry for jumping in, and pardon me in advance for I might sound pedantic.

You are unnecessarily complication ur thoughts. Break the puzzle down, the issue here is not that India is saint or not. The question is are there grounds to belive India was involved, and if yes, do u have the evidence. not for world community sake, but for ur own sake. As YOU need to know who did it, its UR country thats suffering. by talking abt 1971 etc, u r only feeding trolls who'll talk not only of 1971, but of the past 1000 yrs, e.g. Zaid Hamid. Whether India is saint or not is it irrelevant in pursuit of truth is it not???

Thanks for patiently reading it, i just felt like saying that.

Back
Top Bottom