What's new

L&T gears up to indigenously build the massive Juan Carlos LHD vessel

India should go for our ocean class LHD. We can transfer all the tech and building blue prints to India. Since we will soon be decommisioning this LHD for a new class .

BjB6k3cIgAAfmc6.jpg

This photo of HMS Ocean during operation Ellamy in Libya shows the steel beach pontoon folded up and stored on top of the structure protecting the vehicle ramp going down from flight deck to vehicle deck.

HMS%2BOcean.jpg

BjZoabYIYAA_x-N.jpg

Ocean%2Bat%2Banchor.jpg

MA130053092.jpg

On%2BHMS%2BBulwark%2Bvehicle%2Bdeck.jpg

Will serve as a good LHD building experience for India. Maybe after that India can modify it and build its own. :cheers:

You gotta love the Brits
They will prematurely retire aircrafts and warships, just so that workers at their shipyards and Aircraft assembly lines remain employed and they do not loose the technical know-how.

HMS ocean was commissioned in year 1998, 26 years after USS Trenton/INS Jalashva..
Yet it will retire in year 2019, 3 years before INS Jalashva.

Something tells me that it will Find its way to India, after a comprehensive Refit, probably in 2022, in time to replace INS Jalashva.

Daring class destroyer for the starter
What about their new project
UXV Combatant

Hmmm about Type 45, the Anti-Air missiles is French, the land attack missile is American, The navigation system is american, the warfare suite is American, the generator is Finnish, the engine took French help.

Now compare that to Vishakapatnam Class Destroyer of Indian Navy, or even Kolkata class.

Hmmm about Type 45, the Anti-Air missiles is French, the land attack missile is American, The navigation system is american, the warfare suite is American, the generator is Finnish, the engine took French help.

Now compare that to Vishakapatnam Class Destroyer of Indian Navy, or even Kolkata class.
My friend it's age of globalization even US does it, so what's big deal?
Btw you are comparing them with India not US
Give respect who deserves

My friend it's age of globalization even US does it, so what's big deal?
Btw you are comparing them with India not US
Give respect who deserves

The Big deal is when they boast they can help India when they cannot even help themselves. :lol:

They seek help from all over the world to build their stuff and then offer to sell us their second hand $hit.

I am comparing them with India, not the US. Where is the confusion ?

The UK has the largest national aerospace and defence sector in Europe and is second only to the USA worldwide, making up 17% of the global market.

So why do they fly F-35 from their AC ? :cheesy:

The Big deal is when they boast they can help India when they cannot even help themselves. :lol:

They seek help from all over the world to build their stuff and then offer to sell us their second hand $hit.

I am comparing them with India, not the US. Where is the confusion ?
They are helping us what's wrong with that,

Look at Tejas which we call indigenous,

You gotta love the Brits
They will prematurely retire aircrafts and warships, just so that workers at their shipyards and Aircraft assembly lines remain employed and they do not loose the technical know-how.

HMS ocean was commissioned in year 1998, 26 years after USS Trenton/INS Jalashva..
Yet it will retire in year 2019, 3 years before INS Jalashva.

Something tells me that it will Find its way to India, after a comprehensive Refit, probably in 2022, in time to replace INS Jalashva.

LOL..... you really think so ?

They are helping us what's wrong with that,

Look at Tejas which we call indigenous,

LOL..... no, they are helping themselves. :lol: ............ like they have been doing for centuries.

So you agree that Tejas is equivalent to Type 45 ? :azn:

Yes,
UK has a long history of Retiring Aircraft carriers after 25 years of operation and Frigates and Destroyers after 15-17 years of operation.
And Fighter squadrons after 20-25 years.

Because of this wasteful expenditure, their military is shrinking at an alarming rate.

I think Nobody in UK MOD have heard about MLUs.
When countries like India, Russia, US, China think about MLU, the Brits are planning a replacement at exorbitant price

Because it happens to be a Level 1 partner for the JSF having a full ITAR wavier giving them full access to the technology which is the only one of its kind - US and UK share an extremely close relationship - of course at the cost of UK's Independence in foreign policy but in turn it get its own exemptions which no other country gets nor will ever get - as evident from UK's Trident programme.

Nope, they buy the F-35 because their own Aircraft Industry is DEAD. Not to mention they are getting ripped off in that deal.

Even the Euro-Fighter which UK only co-produce is not as good as what the French Make.

You have mentioned Trident because you have realized that they do not even make their own Missiles :P ....... they use American.

LOL..... you really think so ?

LOL..... no, they are helping themselves. :lol: ............ like they have been doing for centuries.

So you agree that Tejas is equivalent to Type 45 ? :azn:
If someone trying to be friendly then you don't mock them my friend.

I know bhai tumahara gussa kaha sai aa ra but thundh rakho and jaha sai madat aaye lete rho.Kuch time bad sab kuch apna hoga.

If someone trying to be friendly then you don't mock them my friend.

I know bhai tumahara gussa kaha sai aa ra but thundh rakho and jaha sai madat aaye lete rho.Kuch time bad sab kuch apna hoga.

People offering second hand $hit is not friendly, he is just a racist prick who did not think things through.

Now he knows better.

Come on, don't be so arrogant :disagree:

Why ? just because I don't have white skin ? :coffee:

What a shame you could not offer that sanctimonious advice to that brit who just spat on your face.

The UK has the largest national aerospace and defence sector in Europe and is second only to the USA worldwide, making up 17% of the global market.

Dont mind our friend makarama. He doesnt know that between we and our son the U.S we both are interlinked militarily and share many techs/equipment togetjer, mostly based on competitiveness not inability to produce it ourselves. So most times the most competitive bidder wins projects in both our countries, same with our european/western friends/peers.

BAE Systems wins $1.2bn US contract - Business Insider

BAE Systems Wins U.S. Navy Guided Missile Cruiser Modernization Contract
BAE Systems Australia wins expanded Hawk maintenance contract - IHS Jane's 360

BAE Systems wins Boeing contract

BAE Systems wins £446m Eurofighter maintenance contract - Telegraph

Moreover our 8500ton Type 45 destroyer uses our advanced Rolls-Royce WR-21turbine engine(which is the most important part of any ship/military platform itself).

Its a huge joke comparing Britain with India in military tech. :coffee:

UK aerospace industry grows 10 times faster than economy | This is Money

We currently have a 17 per cent share of the world aerospace market(and growing), making us the second largest aerospace nation in the world, Only the U.S.A has a larger aerospace industry than us. :pop:

Last edited:
Nope, they buy the F-35 because their own Aircraft Industry is DEAD. Not to mention they are getting ripped off in that deal.

Even the Euro-Fighter which UK only co-produce is not as good as what the French Make.

You have mentioned Trident because you have realized that they do not even make their own Missiles :P ....... they use American.

I would suggest you to watch this video.

Lool We already have a new LHD in the works. We have been building such ships indegeniously for decades now. How much experience have you goy in building such a sophisticated ship?? ZERO.

Moreover , you are saying we cant sustain our spending?

Dont worry. This is typical Indian superiority complex. With no experience and some money in the pocket they think they can buy the world and taunt it at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom