What's new

Kumbh Mela: 'Eight million' bathers on first day of festival

UK has the highest cannabis use in Europe yet it is banned but still people smoke it

so smoking "marijuana" is very worldly, correct?

What do you mean proof? God can not be proved you either believe it or you do not. If you do not that makes you atheist right?

"Proof" - Like what the believers claim their god is almighty.

Did you know in Shakespeare house in his pipe they found trace of Ganja?

God is only 1 but known by many names and yes he is known as almighty. There is nothing wrong with smoking ganja it makes me feel good and I can eat more and make love better to my gf :) why u want to smoke that dirty man made cigs? when you can smoke weed?

that didnt make him a "god"! or did it?

humans can not be God we are just mortal

Tell me how it harms anyone ? We have seen people dying of sleeping pills, alcohol, cigarettes, drug overdose even eating unhealthy fatty food.

Has anyone died because he was smoking marijuana ?

God is only 1 but known by many names and yes he is known as almighty. There is nothing wrong with smoking ganja it makes me feel good and I can eat more and make love better to my gf :) why u want to smoke that dirty man made cigs? when you can smoke weed?

I dont smoke and I understand both are harmful one way or the other if consumed habitually

humans can not be God we are just mortal

are the sadhus claiming themselves god or just messengers ( or disciples) of god?

I dont smoke and I understand both are harmful one way or the other if consumed habitually

are the sadhus claiming themselves god or just messengers ( or disciples) of god?

Sadhus are just holy men they are not God they wish to be closer to the One

it is too far-fetched for me to understand how holy they are.

Well they have given up a material existence and have taken the road of spirituality a bit like a monk, they do not care about flash cars or the latest iphone they wish to obtain Nirvana/Moksha ending the cycle of birth and rebirth.

Well they have given up a material existence and have taken the road of spirituality a bit like a monk, they do not care about flash cars or the latest iphone they wish to obtain Nirvana/Moksha ending the cycle of birth and rebirth.

yeah a lot of abstinence, celibacy, endurance, persistence and all that. but still I cant understand how much "holiness" in there.

anyway, thanks. I understand something from your religion at least when I leave this thread.

How about the gathering at Huj prilgrimage. Come on guys grow up. Its a religious festival.

Dude no disrepect for ur religious sentiments but you must be mad to kumb Mela with Hajj and the Facilities Saudis provide to Muslims during Hajj. Have you ever seen the hajj. They provide people food clothing and very good shelter and their medical services during hajj are awesome . Check your facts first then come here to say something about Hajj.

yeah a lot of abstinence, celibacy, endurance, persistence and all that. but still I cant understand how much "holiness" in there.

anyway, thanks. I understand something from your religion at least when I leave this thread.

Well we are not so diffrent to Buddhist you know I guess because they have taken the road of spirituality and learn the sacred texts we consider them holy.

Dude no disrepect for ur religious sentiments but you must be mad to kumb Mela with Hajj and the Facilities Saudis provide to Muslims during Hajj. Have you ever seen the hajj. They provide people food clothing and very good shelter and their medical services during hajj are awesome . Check your facts first then come here to say something about Hajj.

Are you aware of the facilities in the mela? and we do not have black gold like you guys

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-20935019

BTW even with all that money Saudis have they still can not prevent hundreds dying during Haj

@haviZsultan Sir Hinduism contains many diffrent folds such as Shaivism, Vaishnavism and Śrauta being the main 3 but there are numerous others so it really depends who you ask.

For example my family are Vasihnav so we follow Lord Krishna and the religious sites associated with Krishna are of special importance to visit as pilgrimage such as Dwarka & Mathura.

Now if you ask a Saivite Hindu who follow Lord Shiva they have their own significant sites which they will go to such as the 12 Jyotirlinga's which are located in various locations in India.

There is also many others which follow Durga and Kali Mata I know one white lady in the west who tells me God is indeed a woman a Goddess so for her she considers the female Shakti as her inspiration.

In many ways Hindusim is not 1 religion or has a 1 set of teachings it really depends which school of thought you believe.

I guess the main set beliefs most Hindus share is the idea of Karma and Reincarnation though.

I have heard an Indian friend that each Hindu depending on his location believes in another God. It was a surprise to me but he said it very naturally. But this makes it harder to cater to the religious needs because each person has a different one.

Any information which sites would be holy to Sindhi Hindus? If we were to send a petition to the government of Pakistan to have regular yatra's for them which places should be covered by government expense or if not them then an NGO?

@Yeti U r fairly bit of wrong here.
In Hinduism, there are 2 holy places. Kashi and Rameshwaram. Have u heard about it? It isnt really matters if u r a shaivaite or vaishnavite. U are bound to travel to these places atleast once in their life time. My anchestors used to a yatra to Kashi and Rameswaram on foot.

It is a compulsory thing, that if u visit Kashi, u should visit Rameswaram too. Only then the voyage purpose is served and cleanse sins.

And clearly Kashi is a Shiva temple and Rameswaram is a Temple, where Shiva cleanse Ram of his sins for killing a brahman aka Ravana.

And scriptures say, we must visit them atleast once in our lifetime

@haviZsultan u can have a look here too

Kashi and Rameshwaram. So basically these places are as holy to a Sindhi Hindu as they are to any other? Regardless of being shaivaite or vaishnavite? Also the one thing I do know about Sindhi Hindus is the vast majority belong to lower castes, probably 2 Million of 2.75 million as stated by some figures. Is there any different practice for them or caste has no effect?

Forgive my ignorance, my contacts in the Pakistan Hindu Council have been depleted in the past few months so I cannot ask the same questions to anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually, there is difference between both of them. The reason is Hajj happens only on one Place but Kumbh happens in 4 different cities and on 12 years of difference. Cities where Kumbh held are Allahabad, Haridwar, Nasik and Ujjain. Out of 4, Allahabad is called as the biggest and Holier. The arrangements which are done for these fairs are mostly temporary like Bridges, tents, shops etc which is different for Hajj.

Back
Top Bottom