What's new

Kumbh Mela: 'Eight million' bathers on first day of festival

Aghoris are the embodiment of those who purposefully live with the dead to except and embrace this eventuality,

since ancient times when a person would finds his kith and kin deceased ,when all world seems comes to an end at that moment , they would look at an aghori and find solace.

Ya kailash too. But hostile weather.
Youths like us, however, can visit there before its too late. :)

There and Amarnath I wish to visit before I die, i think many people suffer altitude sickness at that height also. Yes it is better to visit when we are young not that I am that young now lol im 30 now because if you go when you 70+ it is dangerous for sure many die every year heart attacks etc

There and Amarnath I wish to visit before I die, i think many people suffer altitude sickness at that height also. Yes it is better to visit when we are young not that I am that young now lol im 30 now because if you go when you 70+ it is dangerous for sure many die every year heart attacks etc

30 is still a youth age. U still have lotta years even before u turn 40. Just plan one year :)

30 is still a youth age. U still have lotta years even before u turn 40. Just plan one year :)

I wish to my friend travel all around India, Nepal etc and do one big road trip would be lifetime experience for sure. Need to plan it for sure life is not just about working but we should also see things too.

These People are insane! Nuts

You have no right to question other peoples religious beliefs. Accept that those are their beliefs and as long as nothing untowards happens, all went well. People who gathered on account of their beliefs should be respected whether you agree with them or not.
Tell you something nice. When I returned back to work from having done Hajj, a hindu theatre nurse approached me and requested me to allow her to touch my feet as I had been close to my God and she respected me for that. I respected her beliefs bvut explained to her that my religion forbade one human being to bow and touch another human beings feet for indeed it is only Allahs right to be respected thus. I only wish some of us had that much of respect for other religions.
Please do not allow yourself to degrade others religious beliefs so that they degrade yours!!!
Araz

where do you find the "holiness" / "sacredness"?

why so many people go "completely naked"?

why so many marijuana consumptions?

why cover the whole body from hair to toe with ashes - ashes from cremation?

u cudnt find its holiness in ur current lifetime.Period.
to be fair, u r not to blame for this thoh. ur culture n ours is different.

1.holiness/sacredness is in the minds of the ppl immersing themselves in ganga. since u r not familiar with this kind of "ideas" , u wont get it.

2.not all ppl are naked...only the naga sadhus. its their belief, n they r not forcing their beliefs on anyone. u see in our country we dont put regulations until it harms anybody.

3.marijuana consumption is considered sacred as "shiva" used to take this too. at least this is way better than alcohol.

4. i dont know much abt the ashes. but it mite be same as #2.

You have no right to question other peoples religious beliefs. Accept that those are their beliefs and as long as nothing untowards happens, all went well. People who gathered on account of their beliefs should be respected whether you agree with them or not.
Tell you something nice. When I returned back to work from having done Hajj, a hindu theatre nurse approached me and requested me to allow her to touch my feet as I had been close to my God and she respected me for that. I respected her beliefs bvut explained to her that my religion forbade one human being to bow and touch another human beings feet for indeed it is only Allahs right to be respected thus. I only wish some of us had that much of respect for other religions.
Please do not allow yourself to degrade others religious beliefs so that they degrade yours!!!
Araz

This planet will be much better place if we have sane and level headed people like you. Hate breeds hate.

Nice to see ancient culture is still followed in huge numbers in this day & age. Love to be a part of atleast one in my lifetime. BTW.. is this half kumbh mela or full?

Yeah what about hajj gathering? Haj is the largest global human gathering...but Saudis have probably spent more money in order to cater pilgrims than almost india's entire freakin' budget!!!

Thats not the point...I genuinely want to know how indian authorities handle this gathering!

Also, it is way bigger than Hajj in numbers...

Is it just me or are you contradicting yourselves?:weed:

They live like that because worldly affairs like family or business or society meant nothing to them.

It seems that they are not that "unworldly"! they drink alcohol and obviously "smoking" and donning themselves with ornaments ( long necklaces strung up with beads, bangles ...).

It may be mutual, they are strangers to business, family and society and equally business, family and society alienate them, correct?

Back
Top Bottom