What's new

Kumbh Mela: 'Eight million' bathers on first day of festival

u cudnt find its holiness in ur current lifetime.Period.
to be fair, u r not to blame for this thoh. ur culture n ours is different.

Exactly! it is because of the huge differences so I have to ask

1.holiness/sacredness is in the minds of the ppl immersing themselves in ganga. since u r not familiar with this kind of "ideas" , u wont get it.

how do the believers feel after dipping in the river?

2.not all ppl are naked...only the naga sadhus. its their belief, n they r not forcing their beliefs on anyone. u see in our country we dont put regulations until it harms anybody.

there are quite a large no of these naked people even though some are clothed.

I dont know why so many naked guys are having fun with their own pen*s in the public!? what kind of ritual is that?

3.marijuana consumption is considered sacred as "shiva" used to take this too. at least this is way better than alcohol.

so in india, smoking pot is regarded as "holy"?

what good does it (smoking pot) do to the well being of humans?

I can see they are doing both: smoking and drinking alcohols

4. i dont know much abt the ashes. but it mite be same as #2.

watch this @ 6:00 the cremation ashes were collected and then smearing all over the body

Last edited by a moderator:
I respect the right of people to celebrate their festivals. However, for my religion is a personal thing which does not need to be paraded. I would be very claustrophobic in such a place.

Exactly! it is because of the huge differences so I have to ask

how do the believers feel after dipping in the river?

to get blessing of lord siva since Ganges starts from sivas head.

there are quite a large no of these naked people even though some are clothed.

I dont know why so many naked guys are having fun with their own pen*s in the public!? what kind of ritual is that?

To express no fond on anything like in Buddhism

so in india, smoking pot is regarded as "holy"?
what good does it (smoking pot) do to the well being of humans?

I can see they are doing both: smoking and drinking alcohols

To attain Mukthi

watch this @ 6:00 the cremation ashes were collected and then smearing all over the body

to Remember what they become at the end

[/QUOTE]

It seems that they are not that "unworldly"! they drink alcohol and obviously "smoking" and donning themselves with ornaments ( long necklaces strung up with beads, bangles ...).

It may be mutual, they are strangers to business, family and society and equally business, family and society alienate them, correct?

That bead is no luxury item but a plant product related to astrology. And far I know they don't drink alcohol.

where do you find the "holiness" / "sacredness"?

why so many people go "completely naked"?

why so many marijuana consumptions?

why cover the whole body from hair to toe with ashes - ashes from cremation?

to understand the answers of all the above questions, You will have to get rid of all presumptions you have already made.
These Naga-Sadhus do not indulge in any worldly affairs. They roam in the Himalayas . For more You can always google about them.

Ganja btw is a sanskrit word it is just a plant which is known to cure many things you can google it, much better to smoke weed than man made cigs which gives you cancer

AIDS

Cancer chemotherapy

Chronic pain

Epilepsy

Glaucoma

Menstrual cramps and labour pain

Migraine

Multiple Sclerosis

Ganja is a gift from God it can help with many things not like cigs which is man made junk

Not many people know this but Ganja was taken by the British to West Indies that is how the Rastas came to know of the sacred herb and started to plant it there also and they also use it in a spiritual form to get closer to the One

That bead is no luxury item but a plant product related to astrology. And far I know they don't drink alcohol.

@0.06 a bottle that looked like alcohol
@0.48 the sadhu gave alcohol to the "skull" his god

I think if the hindu gods drink the sadhus also drink (alcohol)

to understand the answers of all the above questions, You will have to get rid of all presumptions you have already made.
These Naga-Sadhus do not indulge in any worldly affairs. They roam in the Himalayas . For more You can always google about them.

but does 'worldly affairs" include eating drinking sleeping and other natural processes that relate to human?

The most important thing I have learn't about Hinduism in my time is a simple maths equation Brahman and Atman.

brahman = atman

Meaning now that which is the greatest, than which there is nothing greater, and also that which bursts forth into the manifested world, the one Being of which the hymn of creation spoke—is viewed as nothing but atman, identifiable as the innermost self in a human being but also, in reality, the innermost self in all beings.

Universal Self (atman) and Ultimate Reality (Brahman)

Ganja btw is a sanskrit word it is just a plant which is known to cure many things you can google it, much better to smoke weed than man made cigs which gives you cancer

AIDS

Cancer chemotherapy

Chronic pain

Epilepsy

Glaucoma

Menstrual cramps and labour pain

Migraine

Multiple Sclerosis

Ganja is a gift from God it can help with many things not like cigs which is man made junk

Not many people know this but Ganja was taken by the British to West Indies that is how the Rastas came to know of the sacred herb and started to plant it there also and they also use it in a spiritual form to get closer to the One

of course, marijuana has its medicinal effects. but why a normal person has to smoke it and why so many countries are taking it as restricted substances?

He is the Supreme Brahman, the Self of all, the chief foundation of
this world, subtler than the subtle, eternal. That thou art; thou art
That.

He is the eternal Reality, sing the scriptures,
And the ground of existence.
Those who perceive him in every creature
Merge in him and are released from
The wheel of birth and death.

of course, marijuana has its medicinal effects. but why a normal person has to smoke it and why so many countries are taking it as restricted substances?

Do some research why the white man banned ganja and promoted tobacco and you will get your answer, have you ever heard of the British American Tobacco company? the answer is not hard to find.

BTW just because they banned it does not mean people stop smoking it I have been to Holland where it is legal

That.

for believers it is easy to say. but where is the proof of all the claims?

UK has the highest cannabis use in Europe yet it is banned but still people smoke it

for believers it is easy to say. but where is the proof of all the claims?

What do you mean proof? God can not be proved you either believe it or you do not. If you do not that makes you atheist right?

That.

Do some research why the white man banned ganja and promoted tobacco and you will get your answer, have you ever heard of the British American Tobacco company? the answer is not hard to find.

BTW just because they banned it does not mean people stop smoking it I have been to Holland where it is legal

so you think marijuana is better than tobacco smoking? Holland and india are perhaps the only countries that legalise the mariijuana business. Correct?

Exactly, because marijuana never causes death. Alcohol is not restricted but people kill people, beat woman, rape them and do many crimes under its influence. That's why those countries are idiot.

The video shared by you, this was a comment from a westerner.

"Very beautiful. Thanks for sharing! They're zero hypocrisy, zero ego. They eat even human corpse, but they don't kill to eat. Contrary to the idiotic Westerns which hypocritically dare to condemn them and call them 'mentally sick' and with an 'animal behavior' and so on but that at the same time kill billions and billions, perhaps trillions of innocent beings every year to fill their already full ****** bellies. So who are the sick ones? The aghori and the other animals are better. Poor West."

Aghori lives on what they can find, respect death as its a part of God, why not if life is given by God, so is death, we should respect that. They don't kill anyone, they don't force anyone to dollow their path, they don't go on suicide mission, they don't indulge in making buildings and call it a place of worship even when all religions say that God is everywhere.

so you think marijuana is better than tobacco smoking? Holland and india are perhaps the only countries that legalise the mariijuana business. Correct?

It is not legal in India but go to any country and you will find people smoking ganja in California you can get it legal if you hold a medical card. Of course it is better than dirty man made cigs ganja is a plant from God not a junk **** that has 1000's of nasty chemicals like cigs.

Back
Top Bottom