What's new

Kumbh Mela: 'Eight million' bathers on first day of festival

@haviZsultan I will find out for you give me some time in regards to Sindhi Hindus btw you are doing a great service for Pakistani Hindus God bless you Sir

http://www.sindhiassociation.org.uk/

The Sindhi Association of UK (SAUK) is a registered charity which started in the eighties. Our main goal is to serve the Sindhi community living in London (and UK) and create awareness of our Sindhi identity, cultural and religious heritage

There is this organisation I can get in contact with they could help out for sure

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard an Indian friend that each Hindu depending on his location believes in another God. It was a surprise to me but he said it very naturally. But this makes it harder to cater to the religious needs because each person has a different one.
You are slightly right and friend of yours told it right but half right. Hinduism or I must Say "Sanatan Dharma" does not give importance to modes and means of believing in gods idol/Non-idol or No god. The main crux of "Dharma" is its spirituality which finally leads to one God who is above to all Lords/Avatars. So based on Mythology and belief, people follow their Modes of God be it location based or choice based.

Any information which sites would be holy to Sindhi Hindus? If we were to send a petition to the government of Pakistan to have regular yatra's for them which places should be covered by government expense or if not them then an NGO?
As concept of Holy cities like Mecca and Medina exist in Islam, We have four cities which are considered epitome of Hinduism and those are known as Dham. Cities are Badrinath, Dwarika, Rameshwaram, and Puri. Apart from these cities, Kashi or Benaras is considered as City of Lord Shiva and hence have particular interest of Hindus. This is the only city in the world where people come to "Die".

Kashi and Rameshwaram. So basically these places are as holy to a Sindhi Hindu as they are to any other? Regardless of being shaivaite or vaishnavite? Also the one thing I do know about Sindhi Hindus is the vast majority belong to lower castes, probably 2 Million of 2.75 million as stated by some figures. Is there any different practice for them or caste has no effect?

Forgive my ignorance, my contacts in the Pakistan Hindu Council have been depleted in the past few months so I cannot ask the same questions to anyone else.

If you see Casteism was a social system like Democracy for Political system. It never talked about who is supreme and who is not. It is the people who moulded it for their profit. Hence there is no segregation of any religious place.

Cheti Chand

Cheti Chand is the Sindhi New Year and is celebrated by Sindhis. It normally occurs around April.

Janmastami

janmastami is the celebration of the birth of Lord Krishna.

Diwali

Diwali is the festival of light and marks the start of the Hindu new year.

Teejri

Teejri is an annual Hindu religious practice where wives and unmarried women keep a day long fast. Mendhi is put on hands and feet. Also Traditionally women would swing in Jhulas, play games, and sing songs. Married women do this for the good health and longevity of their husband. Unmarried girls also perform this custom in the belief they will will get good husbands. Women will only break their fast once they have seen the full moon.

I think for Janmastami they would love to go Dwarka and Mathura

I am Allahabadi and I am Lucky to see 2 Mahakumbh in my Life but missing this time. Can't go this time :'(. My Parents already took holy dip on 14th. :(

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/namastepakistan[/video]

One guy I know is a Pakistani Hindu made a good channel on Youtube I spoken to him a few times

I am Allahabadi and I am Lucky to see 2 Mahakumbh in my Life but missing this time. Can't go this time :'(. My Parents already took holy dip on 14th. :(

Your lucky for sure you seen twice I not been even once in my life

I have heard an Indian friend that each Hindu depending on his location believes in another God. It was a surprise to me but he said it very naturally. But this makes it harder to cater to the religious needs because each person has a different one.

Any information which sites would be holy to Sindhi Hindus? If we were to send a petition to the government of Pakistan to have regular yatra's for them which places should be covered by government expense or if not them then an NGO?

Kashi and Rameshwaram. So basically these places are as holy to a Sindhi Hindu as they are to any other? Regardless of being shaivaite or vaishnavite? Also the one thing I do know about Sindhi Hindus is the vast majority belong to lower castes, probably 2 Million of 2.75 million as stated by some figures. Is there any different practice for them or caste has no effect?

Forgive my ignorance, my contacts in the Pakistan Hindu Council have been depleted in the past few months so I cannot ask the same questions to anyone else.

As u can notice sir, low income Hindus, u mention can easily travel to Kashi, Badrinath and Amarnath Yatra. But Rameshwaram present in extreme south, is a bit of cost problem. It will approximately take some 500 $ For each pilgrims to cover both places, which is eaily 25000 INR(taking into account, travel to and from Pakistan, stay here, food and travel).
There is no place for Caste in Temples. Yes, regardless of a shaivite or Vaishite these two places are the most holy for Hindus.

Your friend meant the presence of a family GOD. Each and separate families have a family GOD .In cases, a whole village contains a family GOD. They are believed to be the ones, who started an generation or a local village hero in the past, who became a GOD in subsequent generations.

Shiva, Vishnu and Ganapathi are the most prayed Hindu gods in all over India. Only in Tamil regions, there is a exception where Karthikeya or Murugan is worshipped alot.

Exactly! it is because of the huge differences so I have to ask
fine then....i will try to clear ur doubts as best i cud. after all, i may have more similarities wid u rather than those sadhus....blame modern education.

how do the believers feel after dipping in the river?
its a feeling of "washing sins away". devotees feel if u take a dip in the waters of ganga, sins done by u get pardoned by god. u see, at prayag, where this gathering is taking place, holy nectar was spilled after the war between the demons and the gods.
its the belief that make the devotees feel blessed after taking the dip.....althoh physics is not contradicted in any way...no exo or endothermic reactions, u feel numbing cold as these are glacial waters, and yes i cudnt see any sins getting washed away when i wetted myself with the water.
its like u guys pay ur respects to ur ancestors, but u dont know for sure that they are getting/hearing all ur prayers. its all abt faith.

there are quite a large no of these naked people even though some are clothed.

I dont know why so many naked guys are having fun with their own pen*s in the public!? what kind of ritual is that?

lol......innocent ppl like u can only see the fun in this. as i have already said, u cant be judgmental about the actions done by devotees in devotion. for the naked part sadhus feel that they came to the world as naked , so they stay naked and die naked.

so in india, smoking pot is regarded as "holy"?
yes somewhat....althoh i mite be arrested, sadhus are exempted from such regulations. Shiva was supposed to take ganja so as devotees these sadhus consume ganja and immerse themselves in eternal devotion......personaly, smoking weed is "superholy":devil:

what good does it (smoking pot) do to the well being of humans?
seems like u have never tried it. consider urself unlucky until u tried pot.
btw, when ur mom insisted on water and u clinged on to coke, did u analyse the magnitude of "well being" brought by coke to humanity ???? :azn:

I can see they are doing both: smoking and drinking alcohols
i cant....n if they are...let them. they know they r in a democratic country.

watch this @ 6:00 the cremation ashes were collected and then smearing all over the body
aghoris are some tribal ppl who believe smearing ash of the funeral pyres wud bring them the powers/goodness of the dead person/ppl.

Does india have any environmental standard? Such a blatant, gross and wholesale pollution caused by indians and no action taken by indian so called "secularist" camp, environmentalist and indian court for that matter?????

Does india have any environmental standard? Such a blatant, gross and wholesale pollution caused by indians and no action taken by indian so called "secularist" camp, environmentalist and indian court for that matter?????

How can bathing pollute a river. :cheesy:

Why as a downstream country you don't go to international court or some other agency to complain about this??

How can bathing pollute a river. :cheesy:

There goes sense of hygiene in india. Please don't say it out loud.

Why as a downstream country you don't go to international court or some other agency to complain about this??

As downstream country pollution caused by indians, definitely serious concern and Bangladesh should raise the issue.

There goes sense of hygiene in india. Please don't say it out loud.

As downstream country pollution caused by indians, definitely serious concern and Bangladesh should raise the issue.

And you pollute Bay of Bengal. :cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom