What's new

Kumbh Mela: 'Eight million' bathers on first day of festival

As u can notice sir, low income Hindus, u mention can easily travel to Kashi, Badrinath and Amarnath Yatra. But Rameshwaram present in extreme south, is a bit of cost problem. It will approximately take some 500 $ For each pilgrims to cover both places, which is eaily 25000 INR(taking into account, travel to and from Pakistan, stay here, food and travel).
There is no place for Caste in Temples. Yes, regardless of a shaivite or Vaishite these two places are the most holy for Hindus.

Your friend meant the presence of a family GOD. Each and separate families have a family GOD .In cases, a whole village contains a family GOD. They are believed to be the ones, who started an generation or a local village hero in the past, who became a GOD in subsequent generations.

Shiva, Vishnu and Ganapathi are the most prayed Hindu gods in all over India. Only in Tamil regions, there is a exception where Karthikeya or Murugan is worshipped alot.

Sindhis and Gujus follow Krishna the most I believe

Also Jalaram bapa is very popular

There is a Krishna mandir in Karachi I believe

Lord Swaminarayan is a Avatar of Vishnu he is also very popular with Sindhis and Gujus

And you pollute Bay of Bengal. :cheesy:

Massive pollution caused by india --> water goes through Bangladesh and fall into --> Bay of Bengal, thus indian pollution polluting Bay of Bengal too. Good point, as a result environment and marine life in the bay negatively affected. Bangladesh have more concerns about indian pollution than originally thought.

Massive pollution caused by india --> water goes through Bangladesh and fall into --> Bay of Bengal, thus indian pollution polluting Bay of Bengal too. Good point, as a result environment and marine life in the bay negatively affected. Bangladesh have more concern about indian pollution than originally thought.

Why you care your country will be under water anyway in parts by 2050

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8240406.stm

Why you care your country will be under water anyway in parts by 2050

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Seas 'threaten 20m in Bangladesh'

If that indian pipe dream become true then we have more reasons to be concern about environment, specially when we will be living more closely to water. Therefore environmental damage caused by indian pollution and practices have even more serious impact. And Bangladesh damage claim from india should be even more higher.

@haviZsultan I will find out for you give me some time in regards to Sindhi Hindus btw you are doing a great service for Pakistani Hindus God bless you Sir

Sindhi Association of UK (SAUK)

The Sindhi Association of UK (SAUK) is a registered charity which started in the eighties. Our main goal is to serve the Sindhi community living in London (and UK) and create awareness of our Sindhi identity, cultural and religious heritage

There is this organisation I can get in contact with they could help out for sure

Thank you. The issue is high level contacts with Pakistani Hindus who can better understand the needs in this regard and which places .

For example I could organize a petition and simply say that Hindus should be financed for these pilgrimages but a lot of petitions are just lying around. If its a concrete plan with details about which sites are important then the petition is more likely to be accepted. I was thinking of something in this regard later as currently I am working on finding a publisher for my book and on a paper on ethnic issues. Was largely gathering information now.

But if you can get me information that could be useful zeroing in on a particular location or perhaps get me in contact with a Pakistani Hindu leader who is influential and can provide insights into which locations are the best then it will be a great boost.

For the petition itself I would personally like it to be by Pakistanis for Pakistanis so signatures should all be by Pakistanis regardless of religion, but if a more powerful Hindu organization like the PHC or Pakistani Hindu Seva Welfare Trust get involved and disagree with this it will change-or I will shift the effort to them. Some Hindus don't want themselves being linked to India because of the situation as others do not really understand so some Indian . Deepak Perwani too admitted this. So would be better perhaps to be a National petition. But it depends on whether a powerful Hindu group is involved. If that happens I will hand everything over to them.

Also another thing is this is what you call "our job". We shouldn't need an outside influence to do our duty... we should be the ones signing this petition and ensuring it is acted upon. My role can be largely getting the petition signed from the limited contacts.

You are slightly right and friend of yours told it right but half right. Hinduism or I must Say "Sanatan Dharma" does not give importance to modes and means of believing in gods idol/Non-idol or No god. The main crux of "Dharma" is its spirituality which finally leads to one God who is above to all Lords/Avatars. So based on Mythology and belief, people follow their Modes of God be it location based or choice based.

As concept of Holy cities like Mecca and Medina exist in Islam, We have four cities which are considered epitome of Hinduism and those are known as Dham. Cities are Badrinath, Dwarika, Rameshwaram, and Puri. Apart from these cities, Kashi or Benaras is considered as City of Lord Shiva and hence have particular interest of Hindus. This is the only city in the world where people come to "Die".

This is very interesting. Being an avid student of history I would like to know more though about the kingdoms and nations of the past and how these 6 cities eventually developed. About theology I never understood much of it.

If you see Casteism was a social system like Democracy for Political system. It never talked about who is supreme and who is not. It is the people who moulded it for their profit. Hence there is no segregation of any religious place.

So there is no problem of Dalits going there. That is perfect. Thank you for this information.

Cheti Chand

Cheti Chand is the Sindhi New Year and is celebrated by Sindhis. It normally occurs around April.

Janmastami

janmastami is the celebration of the birth of Lord Krishna.

Diwali

Diwali is the festival of light and marks the start of the Hindu new year.

Teejri

Teejri is an annual Hindu religious practice where wives and unmarried women keep a day long fast. Mendhi is put on hands and feet. Also Traditionally women would swing in Jhulas, play games, and sing songs. Married women do this for the good health and longevity of their husband. Unmarried girls also perform this custom in the belief they will will get good husbands. Women will only break their fast once they have seen the full moon.

I think for Janmastami they would love to go Dwarka and Mathura

Personally I would like to experience one of these with Pakistani Hindus. I thank you deeply for this information. It is particularly what I have been looking for-more about the variations found in Sindhi Hindus.

As u can notice sir, low income Hindus, u mention can easily travel to Kashi, Badrinath and Amarnath Yatra. But Rameshwaram present in extreme south, is a bit of cost problem. It will approximately take some 500 $ For each pilgrims to cover both places, which is eaily 25000 INR(taking into account, travel to and from Pakistan, stay here, food and travel).
There is no place for Caste in Temples. Yes, regardless of a shaivite or Vaishite these two places are the most holy for Hindus.

Your friend meant the presence of a family GOD. Each and separate families have a family GOD .In cases, a whole village contains a family GOD. They are believed to be the ones, who started an generation or a local village hero in the past, who became a GOD in subsequent generations.

Shiva, Vishnu and Ganapathi are the most prayed Hindu gods in all over India. Only in Tamil regions, there is a exception where Karthikeya or Murugan is worshipped alot.

I see. I thank you for these insights-those are a lot of worship places and I have personally no clue what exactly to write in a petition. The charity I deal with, the Sufferers Witness deals largely with human rights cases and migrations from India to Pakistan, mostly of Kashmiris. It has never done this before. Will check sometime if I can get support for a petition.

Thank you all for the replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lord Swaminarayan is a Avatar of Vishnu he is also very popular with Sindhis and Gujus

He is the second son of Shiva. What legend are u talking about ?
We certainly have some legend differences. I mean, according to us, Ganapathi is a bachelor, and in north he is shown marrying two womens.

Here Karthikeyan marries two womens. One is Indra's daughter, after he served his purpose of destroying a demon, which even Vishnu cant destroy( demon had obtained boon specified to that).

And he second wife is a tribal girl living in the moountain.

Thank you. The issue is high level contacts with Pakistani Hindus who can better understand the needs in this regard and which places .

For example I could organize a petition and simply say that Hindus should be financed for these pilgrimages but a lot of petitions are just lying around. If its a concrete plan with details about which sites are important then the petition is more likely to be accepted. I was thinking of something in this regard later as currently I am working on finding a publisher for my book and on a paper on ethnic issues. Was largely gathering information now.

But if you can get me information that could be useful zeroing in on a particular location or perhaps get me in contact with a Pakistani Hindu leader who is influential and can provide insights into which locations are the best then it will be a great boost.

For the petition itself I would personally like it to be by Pakistanis for Pakistanis so signatures should all be by Pakistanis regardless of religion, but if a more powerful Hindu organization like the PHC or Pakistani Hindu Seva Welfare Trust get involved and disagree with this it will change-or I will shift the effort to them. Some Hindus don't want themselves being linked to India because of the situation as others do not really understand so some Indian . Deepak Perwani too admitted this. So would be better perhaps to be a National petition. But it depends on whether a powerful Hindu group is involved. If that happens I will hand everything over to them.

Also another thing is this is what you call "our job". We shouldn't need an outside influence to do our duty... we should be the ones signing this petition and ensuring it is acted upon. My role can be largely getting the petition signed from the limited contacts.

This is very interesting. Being an avid student of history I would like to know more though about the kingdoms and nations of the past and how these 6 cities eventually developed. About theology I never understood much of it.

So there is no problem of Dalits going there. That is perfect. Thank you for this information.

Personally I would like to experience one of these with Pakistani Hindus. I thank you deeply for this information. It is particularly what I have been looking for-more about the variations found in Sindhi Hindus.

I see. I thank you for these insights-those are a lot of worship places and I have personally no clue what exactly to write in a petition. The charity I deal with, the Sufferers Witness deals largely with human rights cases and migrations from India to Pakistan, mostly of Kashmiris. It has never done this before. Will check sometime if I can get support for a petition.

Thank you all for the replies.

Helping other is what GOD have asked us to do.. I hope u succeed in it Sir :)

Sindhis and Gujus follow Krishna the most I believe

Also Jalaram bapa is very popular

There is a Krishna mandir in Karachi I believe

There are many of Shiva and Krishna I have noticed while researching and some of Hanuman too.

Shiv Mandir in Umerkot:
Shiv Mandir is a Hindu temple situated in Umerkot in Sindh, Pakistan. This temple is divine and sacred among the Hindus residing in lower Sindh. The temple has magnificent Shiv Lingam, which is indeed on of the best in the whole world. Lenged says that the Lingam kep growing itself until locals marked the height to literally observe the growth. Besides every year on Shiv Ratri there is a huge three day festival with several hundred thousand pilgrims from surrounding cities.

Shiv-Mandir.jpg

Shiv Mandir, Shahdad Kot
Shiv Mandir, Islamia College, Karachi
Krishna Temple, Ravi Road, Lahore
Shiv Mandir - Nowshera

Also does everyone believe in Shiva?

He is the second son of Shiva. What legend are u talking about ?
We certainly have some legend differences. I mean, according to us, Ganapathi is a bachelor, and in north he is shown marrying two womens.

Here Karthikeyan marries two womens. One is Indra's daughter, after he served his purpose of destroying a demon, which even Vishnu cant destroy( demon had obtained boon specified to that).

And he second wife is a tribal girl living in the moountain.

Helping other is what GOD have asked us to do.. I hope u succeed in it Sir :)

I think haviZsultan is intrested to find out about Sindhi Hindus who like Gujus believe in Krishna and Swaminaryan more, there is a temple in Karachi which is Swaminarayan

http://sindhimandirs.wordpress.com/about/

This is a good site for Sindhi temples

If that indian pipe dream become true then we have more reasons to be concern about environment, specially when we will be living more closely to water. Therefore environmental damage caused by indian pollution and practices have even more serious impact. And Bangladesh damage claim from india should be even more higher.

Yep and why we care? go build a barrier like Holland and London have

Lord Krishna Temple a Hindu Monumental Mandir in Umerkot Dict of Sindh,Pakistan

Lord+Krishna+Temple+a+Hindu+Monumental+Mandir++in+umerkot.jpg

I mostly heard about Jhulelaal from Sindhi people.

Yep he is well known popular for sure and belongs to my community Lohana people

This is why Sindhi and Gujus share alot together even our names for example Muslim Memon caste are also Lohana

Yep and why we care? go build a barrier like Holland and London have

That is why I have asked the question first - does india have any environmental standard?Such a blatant, gross and wholesale pollution caused by indians and no action taken by indian so called "secularist" camp, environmentalist and indian court for that matter????? India is polluting river and destroying environment but asking Bangladesh to build barrier. There is hardly any logic or sense in such talk; only reflection out of breath chest thumping.

Back
Top Bottom