What's new

KP Assembly adopts resolution to create Hazara province

@Shahmir kashmir I think @Armstrong is right here in defending Punjabis when he himself not. I too will take the same line as I bred and born in Lahore but not an ethnic Punjabi myself. In all my years I came across many proud Arain, Gujjar, Rajpoots, Butts, Khokhars you name it but never ever a proud Punjabi in a true sense. In school and college days I remember quarrels between "paindos" and "Sharees" but not on ethnicities. However, there is a collective psyche develops in Punjab on their nationality just recently but its only at best reactionary and didn't have any deep roots. I have yet to come across a proud Punjabi poet, writer or intellectual in a true sense, if you name one do enlighten me.

And maybe Lahore should be donated to Indian Punjab? eh

what kind of stupid comment is this? treasonous...

REPORTED !

Why just Peshawar, why not Kohat and DI Khan as well.
As you have decided to chop up this one province, why not just chop it into a thousand different pieces when you are at it.
Some leader you are.

Im not sure if Kohat is Hindko land, but DI KHan is Sraiki belt. so it should go there.

evolution of the nation is due, a long ago?
its a very right step taken by, PTI its could be cold start of a real revolution.
all of eithnicities in pakistan, need a sense of responsibilities, with thier own province & thier own adminstration, so no body in a funny mood, can jst simply blame another for thier, faults & failures?
surly, this been done in real, will going to weak land lord base of croupt elites in pakistan?
just imagine, RURAL SINDH made up of karachi, hyderabad & some other small city, & MQM HAQIQI sitting in opposition, with a PTI strong group of MPAs there, it will surly generate a healthy competition for develpment, & no one will be winning crying against the other?
i m a supporter of PTI , on that issue?
go ahead!

more importantly LB election to delegate authority to community level.. I am just waiting for LB election to take place & believe so that it would bring the cold start of the real revolution..

Last edited:
what kind of stupid comment is this? treasonous...

REPORTED !

Im not sure if Kohat is Hindko land, but DI KHan is Sraiki belt. so it should go there.

more importantly LB election to delegate authority to community level.. I am just waiting for LB election to take place & believe so that it would bring the cold start of the real revolution..
quite opportunistic!
but lets hope best & prepare for worst!
frist thing is frist, clean terrorism from KPK, ok?
but yes off course, LB are the most important organs in any country!

Not any private citizen. He is one of the founding fathers of Pakistan. This is from Wikipedia.
Choudhry Rahmat Ali (Urdu: چودھری رحمت علی‎) (16 November 1895 – 03 February 1951) was a Pakistani Muslim nationalist who was one of the earliest proponents of the creation of the state of Pakistan. He is credited with creating the name "Pakistan" for a separate Muslim homeland in South Asia and is generally known as the founder of the movement for its creation. He is best known as the author of a famous 1933 pamphlet titled "Now or Never; Are We to Live or Perish Forever", also known as the Pakistan Declaration.
So yes I will rather quote the words of the person who gave us the Pakistan declaration than the Government of British India. That guy had a vision, a vision that gave us Pakistan, and a vision for just Pakistan, a vision that was conveniently forgotten.

They have taken a decision without consulting the people of the said province. That makes it a dictatorial position.
Now don't get me wrong I am all for creating more provinces but not at just one province's expense. A just solution would be to make a Potohar province and put Pahare area and Maneshra and Abbotabad in it together.
But that is not going to happen because every kid in Pakistan knows that Punjab will never give up an inch of it's land.

Thats one idea. If you want more provinces then yes it shall be for everyone.
Heck, why not make all the divisions in to provinces.
But putting just one province on the chopping board, and hacking it into small pieces is more than wrong.
just yes to the basics, then we go into details?
so what you think does pakistan needs more provinces, to take out the power from the stupid, punjabi, pushtun, mohajir, sindhi, baluchi & mullha hoodlums?

@Shahmir kashmir I think @Armstrong is right here in defending Punjabis when he himself not. I too will take the same line as I bred and born in Lahore but not an ethnic Punjabi myself. In all my years I came across many proud Arain, Gujjar, Rajpoots, Butts, Khokhars you name it but never ever a proud Punjabi in a true sense. In school and college days I remember quarrels between "paindos" and "Sharees" but not on ethnicities. However, there is a collective psyche develops in Punjab on their nationality just recently but its only at best reactionary and didn't have any deep roots. I have yet to come across a proud Punjabi poet, writer or intellectual in a true sense, if you name one do enlighten me.

Yes I know it is a weakness among us that our "punjabi" identitiy is weak because we are too clannish and tribal minded, we take only our clans (jatts, gujjars, rajputs, arain, butts etc. ) as our identity and not "punjabi". BUT people do have very strong geographic identity in punjab, for example I am from Gujranwala/Gujrat area and I am proud of it and abroad whenever I meet a person from my Gujranwala/Gujrat region I immediately feel the connection irrespective of the tribal or clan identity of the person. I cannot say the same thing from people belonging to other cities of central punjab eventhough we are "technically" so-called punjabi because "punjabi" identity is very week in us and governments have to be blamed for that because they never educated us in our own "mother language" , when in europe I tell people that we never ever had to study a single subject in our mother language they are really shocked because for europeans it does not make sense at all. The proud punjabis of pakistan live only in Gujranwala/Gujrat/some parts of Sialkot and Sheikupura. I would say that for me "Gujrat" region is the true punjabi cultural centre of pakistan, just go to youtube you will find numerous videos uploaded of local punjabi culture of gujrat but you will not be able to find a single punjabi cultural video from the so-called cultural capital (fake) of punjab , i.e. Lahore. I think if you want to see a strong punjabi identity among pakistani punjabis , the capital of punjab should be shifted to Gujrat and strong punjabi identity will be established in less than a year.

Last edited:
There is no point in making further Provinces unless it can be shown convincingly that such a move will improve the administration and services to the Constituencies.

Administration is one benefit, more economic activity in parts of new province is another benefit.

As if its your daddys property that you are giving away. PTI was elected to stop the drones and military operations against the Pakhtoon population of Pakistan, not to come and slice away the small piece of land that belongs to us in Pakistan.
When you are so keen on giving away lands because of ethnicity, have you asked the people of those areas if they want to be part of the entity you are hell bent on creating. That should be a district wise referendum in the whole of Hazara division and then any decision taken. Those who want to go separate fine, those districts that want to stay with K.Pakhtonkhwa should be given the opportunity to stay.
IK is behaving like the Nikita Khrushchev of Pakistan.

quite opportunistic!
but lets hope best & prepare for worst!
frist thing is frist, clean terrorism from KPK, ok?
but yes off course, LB are the most important organs in any country!

seems things are settled down quite enough, now we need to get permanent military presence in all of FATA and make it part of mainstream Pakistan..

As if its your daddys property that you are giving away. PTI was elected to stop the drones and military operations against the Pakhtoon population of Pakistan, not to come and slice away the small piece of land that belongs to us in Pakistan.
When you are so keen on giving away lands because of ethnicity, have you asked the people of those areas if they want to be part of the entity you are hell bent on creating. That should be a district wise referendum in the whole of Hazara division and then any decision taken. Those who want to go separate fine, those districts that want to stay with K.Pakhtonkhwa should be given the opportunity to stay.

I am also worried the way these kids sitting in lahore and karachi are taking these partitioning of provinces so lightly, they have no understanding of the ground realities and ethnic senstivities of the places involved, they really need a reality check.

Last edited:
just yes to the basics, then we go into details?
so what you think does pakistan needs more provinces, to take out the power from the stupid, punjabi, pushtun, mohajir, sindhi, baluchi & mullha hoodlums?

The thing Pakistan needs the most is equal treatment for all. There seems to be one rule for Pakhtoons and another for everybody else. Here we have an idiot going around talking about giving this to one and that to another is if its candies he is dividing.
If the decision is for more provinces yes, but it should be done on national level and all the provinces should be involved. If it is not then we don't want to be alone on the chopping board.

I am also worried the way these kids are taking these partitioning of provinces so lightly, they have no understanding of the ground realities and ethnic senstivities of the places involved, they really need a reality check.
The need a mighty kick up their backsides.
I think it's the mentality of their so called leader. A stupid person who doesn't belong any where. He was born in Punjab, has his wife and kids in London and is elected to lead K.Pakhtonkhwa.
The guy is confused and doesn't understand the sensitivities of the things he is dealing with.

Last edited:
A Provincial Assembly elected by the People of Khyber-Pukhtoonkhwa is talking about sub-dividing the Province - Not Punjabis !

Punjab should be & must be subdivided into smaller administrative units but its division or that of any other province is more or less irrelevant to what the Provincial Assembly of KPK does or does not decide to do about KPK !

We - the rest of us - are merely giving our Opinion just as we are giving our Opinion on the sub-division of Punjab.

I don't know why the Punjabi becomes the punching bag of choice whenever arguments run out !

Imagine if the federal assembly decided to sub-divide Pakistan, tell me what would be your reaction?

That's exactly whats happening here.

They were not elected to sub-divide K.Pakhtonkhwa. Provincial boundaries should not be changed the way the are being done. Provincial assemblies come and go, imagine if every one started to behave the same way as the PTI is doing, it will be a mess.
And yes Punjab is part of this argument. First if provinces are to be re-drawn then it should be all the provinces of Pakistan and not just the smallest one.
Second this bill will be put forward to the National Assembly now, there the majority is PML N, the Punjabi ruling party who will decide the fate of K.Pakhtonkhwa. My question is if there is no hypocrisy then then there should be a division of Punjab and Muhajir should be given their own province. and all the Pakhtoon areas of Balochistan should be made part of Pakhtonkhwa.
Why is the knife sharpened to slice us only.

No one is giving away anything. It was not decided by Punjab but your own people. If Hazara people want province they will get it. They voted for these people to get province. Same way South Punjab rejected PPP who was in favor Seraiki province. If anything N is against more provinces. But if people in Hazara want it then its fair game, otherwise mythical punjabis will be blamed again for being dictators.

Its pretty clear ANP was the worst thing to happen, got votes in name of ethinic group and divided KPK.

Imagine if the federal assembly decided to sub-divide Pakistan, tell me what would be your reaction?

They were not elected to sub-divide K.Pakhtonkhwa. Provincial boundaries should not be changed the way the are being done. Provincial assemblies come and go, imagine if every one started to behave the same way as the PTI is doing, it will be a mess.
And yes Punjab is part of this argument. First if provinces are to be re-drawn then it should be all the provinces of Pakistan and not just the smallest one.
Second this bill will be put forward to the National Assembly now, there the majority is PML N, the Punjabi ruling party who will decide the fate of K.Pakhtonkhwa. My question is if there is no hypocrisy then then there should be a division of Punjab and Muhajir should be given their own province. and all the Pakhtoon areas of Balochistan should be made part of Pakhtonkhwa.

Again don't blame punjabis, we didnt vote PTI in. Its clear why Hazara people voted for PTI. Pashtuns in Balochistan are in goverment, do they want to merge with KPK? Then sure otherwise no one should force on anyone. Do people in FATA want to merge with KPK?

Last edited:
No one is giving away anything. It was not decided by Punjab but your own people. If Hazara people want province they will get it. They voted for these people to get province. Same way South Punjab rejected PPP who was in favor Seraiki province. If anything N is against more provinces. But if people in Hazara want it then its fair game, otherwise mythical punjabis will be blamed again for being dictators.

Its pretty clear ANP was the worst thing to happen, got votes in name of ethinic group and divided KPK.

ANP didn't divide anything. Its PTI's who is doing it.
ANP was bad because they were corrupt and didn't had any policy to stop the drones and military operations against the local population of their province. But PTI is worse they are dividing the very province, its treason.
I can see Punjabis are watching this show and rubbing their hands with glee. But trust me this will come back to bite.
Pakhtoons don't want this division.
Provinces shouldn't be divided by a one term assembly like this. There should be a referendum, on this issue, in the whole of Pakhtonkhwa. Or it should be done on national level including all the provinces.

Again don't blame punjabis, we didnt vote PTI in. Its clear why Hazara people voted for PTI. Pashtuns in Balochistan are in goverment, do they want to merge with KPK? Then sure otherwise no one should force on anyone. Do people in FATA want to merge with KPK?

Currently the blame is only for PTI, but if National Assembly passes this bill then yes we will blame the Punjabi PML N.
Now talking about the well of the people, why not ask the people of Batagram and Kohistan if they want to be part of this new entity or not. Why are you advocating selective justice.
And yes others in Pakistan are asking for separate provinces as well.
Why not a Muhajir province?

Last edited:

Wrrora what is wrong with you ? I'm not the Enemy here....I'm one of your own & I'm simply giving an Opinion !

No where did I say that the Rights of the People of Khyber Pukhtoonkhwa should be denied to them; I didn't even oppose the renaming of the Province to Khyber Pukhtoonkhwa despite knowing that Hazaras are going to react to the way they did but it was Your Right to do whatever the hell you wanted to do with Your Own Province - Who was I to tell you any different ?

Likewise if the People of KPK don't want their Province sub-divided than it shouldn't be sub-divided - Period !

But I'm not sub-dividing it & neither is the National Assembly but its the Provincial Assembly of KPK led by a Party that made it quite clear before the Election that they supported a Hazara Province & despite knowing that were elected by the People of Pakistan, who are doing the sub-dividing now !

What do you want me to do ? Have Radio Pakistan broadcast my Opinion on the Sub-Division of Punjab ? How many times do I need to repeat myself - I do...I do...I DO....support the sub-division of Punjab into smaller federating units & I welcome this across Pakistan !

But I'm neither in a position of Authority to do it nor am I likely to be, so all I can give is an Opinion !

You are My Brother - why are you taking this the wrong way ?

@EyanKhan - Help me out here ! :cray:

I think @nangyale wrrora, doesn't like me anymore ! :(

Last edited:
Wrrora what is wrong with you ? I'm not the Enemy here....I'm one of your own & I'm simply giving an Opinion !

No where did I say that the Rights of the People of Khyber Pukhtoonkhwa should be denied to them; I didn't even oppose the renaming of the Province to Khyber Pukhtoonkhwa despite knowing that Hazaras are going to react to the way they did but it was Your Right to do whatever the hell you wanted to do with Your Own Province - Who was I to tell you any different ?

Likewise if the People of KPK don't want their Province sub-divided than it shouldn't be sub-divided - Period !

But I'm not sub-dividing it & neither is the National Assembly but its the Provincial Assembly of KPK led by a Party that made it quite clear before the Election that they supported a Hazara Province & despite knowing that were elected by the People of Pakistan, who are doing the sub-dividing now !

What do you want me to do ? Have Radio Pakistan broadcast my Opinion on the Sub-Division of Punjab ? How many times do I need to repeat myself - I do...I do...I DO....support the sub-division of Punjab into smaller federating units & I welcome this across Pakistan !

But I'm neither in a position of Authority to do it nor am I likely to be, so all I can give is an Opinion !

I think @nangyale wrrora, doesn't like me anymore ! :(
You're cool:kiss3:
but it is these burgers like @Leader who ask righteousness from others and do jackshit themselves
Waise he wants Peshawar for Hazara province and DI khan for seraiki? I guess listening to IK can do that to one's intellect :blah:

Thats exactly my point. Changing name is a small thing, but even that wasn't done overnight, it took decades for this to be achieved. ANP and PML N were together in government in the 90s, they parted ways after PML N declined to go along with ANPs agenda to change the name for our province.
The reason I am saying all this coz this sub-division of our province is bulldozed through the assemblies and their is no resistance coming from any Pakistan officials.
It shouldn't be done by provincial assembly, it should be either done by asking the people through referendum or through central planning, involving all the affected parties.

I think @nangyale wrrora, doesn't like me anymore :(!

I understand your position, we all are here only giving our opinions. Sometimes there are things we are more emotionally attached to then others.
I didn't mean to attack you personally, and I don't know where you think I replied with bad intention. But trust me it wasn't on purpose.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom