What's new

Kolkata Fire Kills Dozens

RIP to the Victims.
I read in the newspaper about how the nearby residents and slum dwellers tried to help but the guards kept them out.
Finally they managed to get in with ladders and saved patients by tying them to their own bodies and scaling down the ladders.
Then the Fire Department showed up [not their fault as the hospital authorities did not inform them at the first instance when fire started].

The really sad part is there will be no real action taken there by their beloved Didi [who just plays to the crowd than actually doing some developmental work] or other entities to avoid such an accident in the future.

RIP sad to hear about this tragedy.

May be in movies, most of the doctors in my place are corrupt with an eternal thirst for more and more money.....brilliant people, corrupted soul.
not most of the doctors . Majority are good one and about this incident all doctors working there are not responsible but the hospital administration is responsible

May be in movies, most of the doctors in my place are corrupt with an eternal thirst for more and more money.....brilliant people, corrupted soul.

That's sad to hear. I've never really had contact with doctors except my uncle, who works with a mobile government team in the poorest parts of western China, and he's a really nice guy, so I assumed most doctors were like that. On the news, there's always scandals like doctors injecting people with ethanol instead of normal saline, running away from a botched surgery, taking bribes from pharmaceutical companies to prescribe drugs that are ultra expensive and useless, getting into fights with patients, leaving people to die right outside of the ER, etc etc... but I assumed they were just a small part.

That's sad to hear. I've never really had contact with doctors except my uncle, who works with a mobile government team in the poorest parts of western China, and he's a really nice guy, so I assumed most doctors were like that. On the news, there's always scandals like doctors injecting people with ethanol instead of normal saline, running away from a botched surgery, taking bribes from pharmaceutical companies to prescribe drugs that are ultra expensive and useless, getting into fights with patients, leaving people to die right outside of the ER, etc etc... but I assumed they were just a small part.

Same here and add to that the unholy alliance of Govt doctors and private scanning centers, Govt doctors taking bribe for giving preferential treatment or just treatment (which is unlawful) and the frequent strikes by Govt doctors demanding more wages. Most of the Govt doctors study in Govt colleges under Govt subsidy and are compensated well after study, but they always want more and after getting MD many chose to leave Govt service for private hospitals (where salaries are higher) or simply go abroad leaving behind GoI to cope with one of the lowest doctor to population ratio.

Back
Top Bottom