What's new

Kolkata Fire Kills Dozens

W Bengal is like the Somalia of Africa. Successsive govts have repeatedly raped the land and the people. Partly the problem is with the people of W Bengal. They only vote for populist politicians who stall any developmental activities to appear as 'pro poor' . The poor people who elect these leaders remain poor forever.

On topic, the hospital fire death toll has risen to 89.

What i am saying is that this tragedy is a manifestation of the state Kolkata is in !!!

you come to kolkata and you will understand the state of infrastructure, state of health services, state of roads...

You walk on the road here and you die..
you will say that it happens everywhere...
What you will not understand that you dies because you could not walk on a fully functional pavement which is occuped by hawkers..
the whole of Kolkata seems like a hawker zone..
You might die because buses here race to pick passenegrs and occassionbally mows them down
You can stop buses anywhere.. Bus stops are just for show

Autos might run without number plates

bloody food stalls are cosntructed on roads..

i have seen Kolkata since 1980s.. and I have seen Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai. among metros..

Mumbai, Delhi, chennai might not be heaven but they are better than Kolkata !

Kolkatta has to Reindustrialize!

This is the only city that has the capacity to lead the country apart from Bombay!

No other cities from either North or South are capable.

It needs to reinvent back. Commies should be A*s kicked out. Industrialization will bring the Value for Time, Discipline, Crave for Money Back which Kolkatta once possessed!

RIP to the People.

^^ In India? Hark! I won't be surprised if the Hospital management and owners are rewarded by the government secretly for creating some issue to politicize. :tup:

To be honest, the management who didn't comply with the fire safety mandates should be hanged to death; male or female. No bails, no court case nothing. Just death sentences.

Causes of the death was suffocation as it was a full AC building ..windows coudn't be openned until the fire brigade shatter them . As it was full of critical patients, it was difficult to shift them quickly. Otherwise many of them would have run down. The top officers of the hospital have surrendered.

Causes of the death was suffocation as it was a full AC building ..windows coudn't be openned until the fire brigade shatter them . As it was full of critical patients, it was difficult to shift them quickly. Otherwise many of them would have run down. The top officers of the hospital have surrendered.

I sometimes wonder when in hospitals how they would handle a fire with the patients and windows being unable to be opened. It is a worry around the world and the only times things are questioned or upgraded is when a tragedy like this hits us. Truly a sad incident - but i think a lot of hospitals would suffer not just kolkota hospital.

Don't think this happens only in India, everywhere in the developing country there will be scumbag corrupt doctors who run away from saving lives. But for every scumbag doctor, there are 100 good ones, so don't lose hope.

at least they surrendered.....instead of taking the next flight out to london and starting new life there

Don't think this happens only in India, everywhere in the developing country there will be scumbag corrupt doctors who run away from saving lives. But for every scumbag doctor, there are 100 good ones, so don't lose hope.

thanks at the end you said good thing about doctors. otherwise i was thinking that doctors are worst people on this Planet

May be in movies, most of the doctors in my place are corrupt with an eternal thirst for more and more money.....brilliant people, corrupted soul.

Back
Top Bottom