What's new

Kohinoor is ours, won't be returned, British PM David Cameron tells India

:what: money or NO money the question still remains : WHY SHOULD UK RETURN KOHENOOR TO ANYONE? any legal basis for that demand?

Simple it is associated with Indian history and heritage, need any more legal basis than that??

It was found in our land and it has historic significance and so :)

Simple it is associated with Indian history and heritage, need any more legal basis than that??

It was found in our land and it has historic significance and so :)

Thats not legal basis. thats emotional its like saying since MMS was born in area now part of Pakistan hence you should return him to us :P

try again and come up with any legal reason for demanding kohenoor from UK.

Thats not legal basis. thats emotional its like saying since MMS was born in area now part of Pakistan hence you should return him to us :P

try again and come up with any legal reason for demanding kohenoor from UK.

You will not understand that :disagree:

Did they asked Indians while taking Kohinoor from India??

If they want Good relationship with India they can return it :cheers:

My point comes under emotional basis(not sure how Indians feel) and also comes under legal basis. They just looted the Symbols and heritage of Indians which is against the law.

You will not understand that :disagree:

Did they asked Indians while taking Kohinoor from India??
If they want Good relationship with India they can return it :cheers:

My point comes under emotional basis(not sure how Indians feel) and also comes under legal basis. They just looted the Symbols and heritage of Indians which is against the law.

Ok you came to point now so according to Indians

1. Brits took kohenoor without the knowledge of the Indian or for that matter sans any node from Indians.

2. They looted Kohenoor

BUT both these counts are wrong.

who need that bloody piece of glass which take dozens lives? symbol of rise and fall i hate such things . no one can hold it forever .

Indians have this habit of spoiling visits of foreign leaders by coming up with silly demands

As if Indians took the Kohinoor that much seriously :)

I don't think this demand has spoiled Cameron visit.

Ok you came to point now so according to Indians

1. Brits took kohenoor without the knowledge of the Indian or for that matter sans any node from Indians.

2. They looted Kohenoor

BUT both these counts are wrong.

Kohinoor comes under Looting.

Kohinoor is ours, won't be returned, British PM David Cameron tells India

Eurofighter is also yours, keep it with you, forget selling it to India.

Indians have this habit of spoiling visits of foreign leaders by coming up with silly demands

Election coming up. All for mere public consumption. Nothing's gonna happen and the Brits ain't gonna relinquish the rock.

How wonderful :girl_wacko:

Can you explain how they got the diamond??

I think you dont know about Treaty of Lahore between Britishers and Ranjit CO.

it happened in the wake of making Lahore falling to British empire

It was a legal agreemnt formalising the possessing of Kohe Noor gem by British Raj and one of the terms of the Treaty of Lahore, was that "The gem called the Koh-i-Noor which was taken from Shah Shuja-ul-Mulk by Maharajah Ranjit Singh shall be surrendered by the Maharajah of Lahore to the Queen of England.".

And oh it was not enough so more than that it was also made sure to bound the sucessor of Maharaja Ranjit Singh Mr. Duleep Singh to present this Gem to to Queen Victoria in 1851. Duleep travelled to the United Kingdom and handed it over.

SO Your claim has no legal basis neither your claim of theft by Brits.

Brits are Champs of doing illegal thing legally...

Indeed. the legallity counts even for illegal work

I think you dont know about Treaty of Lahore between Britishers and Ranjit CO.

it happened in the wake of making Lahore falling to British empire

It was a legal agreemnt formalising the possessing of Kohe Noor gem by British Raj and one of the terms of the Treaty of Lahore, was that "The gem called the Koh-i-Noor which was taken from Shah Shuja-ul-Mulk by Maharajah Ranjit Singh shall be surrendered by the Maharajah of Lahore to the Queen of England.".

And oh it was not enough so more than that it was also made sure to bound the sucessor of Maharaja Ranjit Singh Mr. Duleep Singh to present this Gem to to Queen Victoria in 1851. Duleep travelled to the United Kingdom and handed it over.

SO Your claim has no legal basis neither your claim of theft by Brits.

Indeed. the legallity counts even for illegal work

Lahore was at that Time India .
It was confiscated by british

In 1850, the diamond was confiscated from Duleep Singh by the British East India Company and became part of the British Crown Jewels when Queen Victoria was proclaimed Empress of India in 1877. The diamond was traditionally known as Syamantaka-mani and later Madnayak or the "King of Jewels", before being renamed "Kuh-e nur" in the 18th century by Nādir Shāh after his conquest of India

Koh-i-Noor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Election coming up. All for mere public consumption. Nothing's gonna happen and the Brits ain't gonna relinquish the rock.
Not really. It was a routine question. They always ask British PM.

Actually Indians were angry for not issuing apology for Jalianwala Badh Massacre and other wrongs done by Britain.

Kohinoor matter is asked in casual way.

Back
Top Bottom