What's new

Killing Modi | Sikh Terrorists can enter India from Pakistan | Indian Media.

stop all your bickering on the dialect issue, in the future, there will only be 1 dialect i.e Khalistani Punjabi

971374_344546099004756_787549005_n.jpg
Wet dreams penned in form of a map

I dont call it flourishing just by adopting as oficial language of east punjab. Urdu is used as oficial language because there are 5 provinces people who live with each other and can communicate with each other. And pronouncing words correctly have nothing to do with how educated one is, thats how Pakistani punjabis pronounce them in villages despite having 0 formal education. 

In KPK, Pashto has official status, In Sindh province Sindhi language has official status, in Balochistan the Baloch language has official status. But in west Punjab, the Punjabi language has zero status. Punjabi parents feel proud to speak Urdu with their children instead of Punjabi. West Punjabis consider their own mother tongue as an uncultured Paindu language while they consider Urdu the language of the Bhayas as sophisticated. The Punjabi language in west Punjab is no longer the same as it was 3 generations ago when my family lived there. Today when I hear west Punjabis speaking Punjabi, it is extremely Urdu`ised. They have largely replaced Punjabi words with Urdu words and they speak Urdu with more ease than Punjabi language itself.

Compare that to East Punjab where Punjabi has all the official status. It is taught in schools, spoken in the state parliament, parents very proudly speak this language with their children. Punjabi is indeed flourishing in east Punjab.

stop all your bickering on the dialect issue, in the future, there will only be 1 dialect i.e Khalistani Punjabi

Veeray - tuhano jaira Punjab milya si oo tay sambhiya nai gaya, hun Khalistan day supnay waikhan laag gaay oo. Lassi piyo tay soo jaoo

Last edited:
Excuse me?

How did you even come to the conclusion that our intention is to 'help' the Khalistan movement? - Our purpose is to find a way to pay you back the debt we owe you with a reasonable % of interest.
Keep trying. :coffee:
Khud ka thikana nahi, dusro ko marne chale...

Punjabi's from Urdustan and their tall claims ! Raba khair kari :rofl:

Wet dreams penned in form of a map

Hindu population figure is hilarious and
In KPK, Pashto has official status, In Sindh province Sindhi language has official status, in Balochistan the Baloch language has official status. But in west Punjab, the Punjabi language has zero status. Punjabi parents feel proud to speak Urdu with their children instead of Punjabi. West Punjabis consider their own mother tongue as an uncultured Paindu language while they consider Urdu the language of the Bhayas as sophisticated. The Punjabi language in west Punjab is no longer the same as it was 3 generations ago when my family lived there. Today when I hear west Punjabis speaking Punjabi, it is extremely Urdu`ised. They have largely replaced Punjabi words with Urdu words and they speak Urdu with more ease than Punjabi language itself.

Compare that to East Punjab where Punjabi has all the official status. It is taught in schools, spoken in the state parliament, parents very proudly speak this language with their children. Punjabi is indeed flourishing in east Punjab.

First of all there are no urdu words but arabic/persian. We use punjabi of our Pakistani poets like Waris Shah, Bulleh Shah etc who used alot of persian/arabic words in punjabi. Baba Farid the first poet competly changed Punjabi by using arabic/persian words and making it poetic. You guys also use same arabic/persian words but cant pronounce them properly.

We use shud punjabi, the punjabi of our great poets and pronounce words just like they did. So first you need to learn more about languages, saying we use urdu words is idiotic.

So now the number of Arabic/Persian loan words are the litmus test for a Indian language.So Punjabi has its origin in the Arabic/Persian and the fags here told me it has its origins in Sanskrit :(

So the identity crisis is not only at the National level but also at the Provincial level :rofl:

More Arabic/Persian words = Shudh language :haha:

First of all there are no urdu words but arabic/persian. We use punjabi of our Pakistani poets like Waris Shah, Bulleh Shah etc who used alot of persian/arabic words in punjabi. Baba Farid the first poet competly changed Punjabi by using arabic/persian words and making it poetic. You guys also use same arabic/persian words but cant pronounce them properly.

We use shud punjabi, the punjabi of our great poets and pronounce words just like they did. So first you need to learn more about languages, saying we use urdu words is idiotic.

I have read poetry written by Baba Farid, Waris Shah, Bulleh Shah, Shah Hussain, their Punjabi was not as "persianised" to the extent of the modern Urdu`ised Punjabi of Pakistan has become. My own family is from west Punjab and when I hear my elders speak and I hear west Punjabis speak the highly Urdu`ised Punjabi it is so different. The Punjabi spoken in the villages of Pak Punjab is largely free from the influences of Urdu, but the Punjabi spoken by the city folks is too different.

Secondly, Shud Punjabi does not equate to being able to pronounce farsi or arabic words like an Iranian or Arab. Those are not even Punjabi words to begin with, so should not be used as a point to prove east Punjabis cannot speak Punjabi. If east Punjabis cannot pronounce real Punjabi words, then show me.

Punjabis in east Punjab did not abandon their mother tongue for Hindi as the west Punjabis did in the case of Urdu. Because east Punjabis made Punjabi their official language we have managed to become a largely homogenized group of people who are highly proud of their Punjabi`ness. Same cannot be said of west Punjabis who feel proud to speak a foreign language with their children. The true inheritors of the legacy of Baba Bulleh Shah, Waris Shah, Shah Hussain, Baba Farid are the east Punjabis or any west Punjabi who has not abandoned his mother tongue for Urdu.

Last edited:
Hindu population figure is hilarious and

Nope.. they only introduced "Shahmukhi" script... not arab or farsi words... 
So now the number of Arabic/Persian loan words are the litmus test for a Indian language.So Punjabi has its origin in the Arabic/Persian and the fags here told me it has its origins in Sanskrit :(

So the identity crisis is not only at the National level but also at the Provincial level :rofl:

I have seen it myself.. urbanised punjabis are a sad bunch (not all ...but many of em)...

Nope.. they only introduced "Shahmukhi" script... not arab or farsi words... 

)...

They did introduce but very few words, but later on it will keep growing with new poets. Thats why Shahmukhi script was important so we can pronounce them correctly. 

It doesnt mean it has its origin in arabic/persian, punjabi is indo-aryan language with loan words from persian/arabic. Because sanskrit has been dead for thousands of years, so loan words from other languages are expected.

The difference is we can pronounce them the way they should unlike Indian punjabis, they make it sound our language ugly. Here is a thing, remove arabic/persian words from your punjabi (impossible) or learn to pronouce them correctly.

Last edited:
I have read poetry written by Baba Farid, Waris Shah, Bulleh Shah, Shah Hussain, their Punjabi was not as "persianised" to the extent of the modern Urdu`ised Punjabi of Pakistan has become. My own family is from west Punjab and when I hear my elders speak and I hear west Punjabis speak the highly Urdu`ised Punjabi it is so different. The Punjabi spoken in the villages of Pak Punjab is largely free from the influences of Urdu, but the Punjabi spoken by the city folks is too different.

Secondly, Shud Punjabi does not equate to being able to pronounce farsi or arabic words like an Iranian or Arab. Those are not even Punjabi words to begin with, so should not be used as a point to prove east Punjabis cannot speak Punjabi. If east Punjabis cannot pronounce real Punjabi words, then show me.

Punjabis in east Punjab did not abandon their mother tongue for Hindi as the west Punjabis did in the case of Urdu. Because east Punjabis made Punjabi their official language we have managed to become a largely homogenized group of people who are highly proud of their Punjabi`ness. Same cannot be said of west Punjabis who feel proud to speak a foreign language with their children. The true inheritors of the legacy of Baba Bulleh Shah, Waris Shah, Shah Hussain, Baba Farid are the east Punjabis or any west Punjabi who has not abandoned his mother tongue for Urdu.

Majority of our population live in rural areas, hence they speak punjabi and pronounce words properly. Languages always borrow words from others unless they become dead like sanskrit. Your elders probably has adapted Indian punjabi by now hence it sound different from proper punjabi of Pakistan.

Shud punjabi just mean able to pronounce words just like Waris, Bulleh or Baba Farid did when they wrote poetry no matter which words they used.

LOL! Funny coming from the folks ,who think speaking Punjabi is retro and paindu :rofl:

Why do I need to provide a source for a language and dialect,I flippin speak ?:nana:

Pakistani failed both in copying the Lucknowi Urdu and keeping their original Lahnda.

Majority of our population live in rural areas, hence they speak punjabi and pronounce words properly. Languages always borrow words from others unless they become dead like sanskrit. Your elders probably has adapted Indian punjabi by now hence it sound different from proper punjabi of Pakistan.

Shud punjabi just mean able to pronounce words just like Waris, Bulleh or Baba Farid did when they wrote poetry no matter which words they used.

First of all, Bulleh Shah Baba Farid and other Sufi poets wrote religious Islamic poetry. So obviously they will use some Arabic and Farsi loan words. Similarly if a Hindu were to write religious poetry in Punjabi he will most likely use some Braj/Prakrit/Sanskrit loan words.

Your whole criteria for being able to speak proper Punjabi is to properly pronounce Arabic and Farsi loan words. Those words are not even Punjabi words to begin with! Today due to globalization, many Punjabi speakers are beginning to replace those arabic/farsi loan words with English ones. So if some Punjabi speaker cannot properly pronounce those English loan words does that mean they cannot speak proper Punjabi? Do you not realize how faulty this line of thinking is?

If a Punjabi cannot properly pronounce real Punjabi words, then I would agree with you. Loan words of foreign languages do not count as a criteria for judging whether or not someone can speak a language properly.

They did introduce but very few words, but later on it will keep growing with new poets. Thats why Shahmukhi script was important so we can pronounce them correctly. 

It doesnt mean it has its origin in arabic/persian, punjabi is indo-aryan language with loan words from persian/arabic. Because sanskrit has been dead for thousands of years, so loan words from other languages are expected.

The difference is we can pronounce them the way they should unlike Indian punjabis, they make it sound our language ugly. Here is a thing, remove arabic/persian words from your punjabi (impossible) or learn to pronouce them correctly.
Whatever.

Even if I had a bag full of f*cks,I wouldn't give a single f*uk....not even a single one about your opinion on our language.

First of all, Bulleh Shah Baba Farid and other Sufi poets wrote religious Islamic poetry. So obviously they will use some Arabic and Farsi loan words. Similarly if a Hindu were to write religious poetry in Punjabi he will most likely use some Braj/Prakrit/Sanskrit loan words.

Your whole criteria for being able to speak proper Punjabi is to properly pronounce Arabic and Farsi loan words. Those words are not even Punjabi words to begin with! Today due to globalization, many Punjabi speakers are beginning to replace those arabic/farsi loan words with English ones. So if some Punjabi speaker cannot properly pronounce those English loan words does that mean they cannot speak proper Punjabi? Do you not realize how faulty this line of thinking is?

If a Punjabi cannot properly pronounce real Punjabi words, then I would agree with you. Loan words of foreign languages do not count as a criteria for judging whether or not someone can speak a language properly.

From what i have seen living in punjab... the urbanised punjabis suffer from some sort of inferiority complex... even urdu is too "jahil" for them... instead they have gone over aboard... mixing urdu words in english... unlike their counterparts from rural areas... and even from low income neighbourhoods... You will see a seriake,pashtun,baluch,sindhi etc speaking their language with eachother at get togethers... but hardly spot urbanised "elite" punjabis doing the same.... in fear they will be classified as "paindus" etc... although there have been some recent steps taken by the punjab govt to support the Punjabi language n culture..But still punjabi going extinct in Pakistan punjab is far from reality..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom