What's new

Khiladi 786: Pakistan censors ban Akshay Kumar's film

Status
Not open for further replies.

UmarJustice

New Recruit

Reaction score
Pakistani censors have banned advertisements for Bollywood star Akshay Kumar's latest film Khiladi 786 because the number 786 is revered by some Muslims and could hurt their sentiments.

The Censor Board has directed cinema halls and distributors not to release the movie's trailers and to remove billboards for the film.

Khiladi 786 is yet to be cleared by the censors for screening in Pakistan.

The censors barred the advertisements as the number 786 is revered by some Muslims and they could find the name of the film objectionable, the Dawn newspaper reported.

Censor Board Chairman Raja Mustafa Haider told the daily: "The appearance of banners for the film in Rawalpindi and other areas was brought to my notice and I asked the City District Government Rawalpindi to remove all of them."

He did not disclose the final decision about the fate of the movie. "We will decide it when the movie comes to us, before screening in the cinema houses," he said.

Haider further said the Censor Board had managed to convince distributors to present the film without the number 786. The movie was originally scheduled to be released on December 7.

Film distributor Suhail Mukhtar said the Censor Board had the legal right to alter the name of a film if it was found to be objectionable. However, he said the screening of the film would not stop unless it had "objectionable dialogues and scenes".

Like other Bollywood stars, Akshay Kumar has a sizeable following in Pakistan.

Khiladi 786: Pakistan censors ban Akshay Kumar's film - The Times of India

its releasing in Gulf countries though as I have seen the trailers.

A little over sensitive to ban a movie just because the name contains 786.. What's next?? Banning a movie if it has the word Khuda or Allah ??

Pakistani censors have banned advertisements for Bollywood star Akshay Kumar's latest film Khiladi 786 because the number 786 is revered by some Muslims and could hurt their sentiments.

Khiladi 786: Pakistan censors ban Akshay Kumar's film - The Times of India

Height of intolerence in Pakistan... I hope before banning any movie Pakistan Censor board should pre-view the movie...

I watched "Ek The Tiger", It was banned in Pakistan, I never know why it was banned by Pakistan. The Movie has nothing Anti Pakistan..

Height of intolerence in Pakistan... I hope before banning any movie Pakistan Censor board should pre-view the movie...

I watched "Ek The Tiger", It was banned in Pakistan, I never know why it was banned by Pakistan. The Movie has nothing Anti Pakistan..

Our country our wish. Whats your issue?

and as far as tolerence is concerned well dahhh as if India did not banned Pakistani channels

:woot: sallu ne unki isi ka maal pata liya tha , isse bura aur kya ho sekta hai unke liye?:D

:woot: sallu ne unki isi ka maal pata liya tha , isse bura aur kya ho sekta hai unke liye?:D

:laugh: bhai India ka diplomatic ka maal hum nay pataya ha original main. Ap log sirf aur sirf filmi khwab hee dekh saktay ho

And then you were recommending what India should do about Babri Masjid yesterday.. Why doesnt Our Country, Our wish apply there ?? ;)

i wish you hundreds of Babri Mosques and the aftermath :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom