What's new

Khaleda set for official India visit

I wonder how of much of either of your (Kalu & Akmal) thoughts are reflective of the ground-realities of Bangladesh ! I can't recall a single Bangladeshi outside of this forum on in real life that I met who had good words to say about Pakistan; time & again I've seen the question deflected aside as them being 'mere Awami Leaguers', though I wonder if they are representative of majority Bangladeshis ! The same people came across as Pro-India in an Indo-Pak contest & here we're talking about 'Anti-India Foreign Policies', even 'Defence Pact with Pakistan' in addition to 'Friendship' ! :undecided:

I wonder how of much of either of your (Kalu & Akmal) thoughts are reflective of the ground-realities of Bangladesh ! I can't recall a single Bangladeshi outside of this forum on in real life that I met who had good words to say about Pakistan; time & again I've seen the question deflected aside as them being 'mere Awami Leaguers', though I wonder if they are representative of majority Bangladeshis ! The same people came across as Pro-India in an Indo-Pak contest & here we're talking about 'Anti-India Foreign Policies', even 'Defence Pact with Pakistan' in addition to 'Friendship' ! :undecided:

Beacuse this PDF....no one makes a reality check by just drafting some words in a internet foroum...as simple as that....

@ kalu_miah how could you thanked this post ???

@ Can't you see how he is politely dictating and framing our foreign policy ????

@ We should always maintain a balance of power, balance of foreign policy. Now, what this balance of foreign policy and balance of power means ???????

a. Balance of Power. It means we should always make friendship with those countries which are not friendly to our immediate neighbour. So, naturally make a good friendship with Pakistan and China and if neccessary make a defence pact. Always maintain a very cordial relation with the Islamic World. It is through these Islamic country we get lot of aid and then we can easily divert to our defence budget. Wiseman says, " Enemy's enemy is my friend". If our big neighbour goes to the left we should go to the right, if she goes towards North move to the South. In this way our destiny lies and it would continue till we are confident that our security is well secured.

b. Balance of Foreign Policy.Our foreign policy should always be anti-India. And for that reason our all activities to be diverted in that direction. We must have limited business activities with our beloved friend. Limited VISA activities. I liked the policy of General Zia. It was he for the first time stopped the import of "Biri" paper from India. For centuries together these were imported from India. It was Zia who took counter measures against various barrages being made by India. He made the "Tista Barrage". He never ! Never ! gave permission to import any transport vechile from India.

@ The question of Transit to India ? It does not exist !!!!!!!!! Why we should give a transit to India ???? For around 27 days India had been sponsoring Chittagong insurgency where we lost near about 27,000 people including security forces.

@ If in future India tries to do that we should also sponsor ULFA and other insurgency groups of North East India.

@ India should immediately stop sponsoring the members of "Bongo Bhumi".

@ India should stop claiming Sylhet as part of Assam. They should not sponsor any such under ground group regarding this .

OMG...You guys are really funny guys....my intent of regional politics does not mean BD politics rather...politics inside my country ....issue from WB CM and Assam CM when MMS tries to make a deal with BD...So i donot intend to say that India should control foreign policy of your nation...Heck even...our GOV does not have a control on its own foreign policy based on our peoples wish....so how can they control yours man???

Any i am sorry if i communicated in a incorrect way...

I guess many bangladeshis do like India even now, only a minority hate India. Dont know about their views about pakistan, I would like to think most young people have moved on since 71.

I guess many bangladeshis do like India even now, only a minority hate India. Dont know about their views about pakistan, I would like to think most young people have moved on since 71.

That is because most Bangladeshi's never came to PDF and don't know what average PDF Indians think of them. I think PDF will be a good place to send any Bangladeshi for treatment, if we detect too much love for India.:azn:

As for 1971, that is correct most young people don't care and older ones moved on. Life is hard enough as it is and everyone wants to build a future, not get stuck in the past. The ones that are constantly harping about 1971 and war crimes tribunal etc. are Awami League who use it as their political capital, even though people are tired of hearing the same old story like a broken record. They have Rudi Giuliani (September 11) and we have Hasina with her 1971, we need to make a video like this one:

Rudy Giuliani Mr. 9/11 remix - YouTube

^^^ I was talking about the situation now, not what it should be. Presently, not many people hate India in bangladesh.
I am basing it on my interaction with a few bangladeshis, without any proper statistics, it is the only thing I can rely on.

We are not anti-India, but against current hostile policies of India that includes constant interference and effort to control internal matters of Bangladesh.

As for Pakistan, trade relationship should improve, we need to move on from the past. Both Pakistan and Bangladesh have important roles to play among Muslim nations as the 2nd and 3rd largest Muslim countries. As for Defence Pact, I am not so sure about that part as any bilateral arrangement, I think there is more possibility for multilateral greater Muslim world initiatives such as D8, OIC etc. My personal preference is towards regional unions among neighbor nations, regardless of religion, as I suggested in my world order thread, while we keep working on Muslim unity as a second line of defense and an insurance policy, just in case the regional policy fails.

@ kalu_miah how could you thanked this post ???

@ Can't you see how he is politely dictating and framing our foreign policy ????

How does India formulating a good foreign policy for immediate neighborhood translate to India dictating Bangladesh's foreign policy? I hope this kind of comprehension skill is not the ground reality of BD, although my hopes are fading fast. On first page some other bangladeshis of the same political dispensation are condemning the conspiracy of PDF against BD as it seems banned Indian members can still post :)

A certain political dispensation and a certain kind of cognitive and intellectual skills seem to go hand in hand.

^^^ I was talking about the situation now, not what it should be. Presently, not many people hate India in bangladesh.
I am basing it on my interaction with a few bangladeshis, without any proper statistics, it is the only thing I can rely on.

Normal everyday people have very little time for such things, I think internet warriors develop their own unique characters as they get greater insight into other people's thoughts in forums like these which was not possible even a decade ago. I myself do not hate India or Indian people, but are only upset by Indian govt. policy and what some few PDF Indians say here. I have some good friends who are Indians. One of my closest friend was an Indian, but now he moved back to India and calls me sometimes. He said recently that India should give up both Kashmir and North East states, but he is a rather unusual and highly unorthodox guy among Indians. He is one of the most philanthropic person with good heart I have ever met.

How does India formulating a good foreign policy for immediate neighborhood translate to India dictating Bangladesh's foreign policy? I hope this kind of comprehension skill is not the ground reality of BD, although my hopes are fading fast. On first page some other bangladeshis of the same political dispensation are condemning the conspiracy of PDF against BD as it seems banned Indian members can still post :)

A certain political dispensation and a certain kind of cognitive and intellectual skills seem to go hand in hand.

PDF certainly have management problems if trolls like this are still around.

[
Originally Posted by eastwatch

Do not you want our greatest BD asset rawamIDUNE to make comments about BKZ's visit to India? In a previous post somewhere in another thread he commented BNP leader BKZ will never go to India because it will be sellout.

Originally Posted by idune
That is your make up lie. Show the proof that I have made such statement?

Well idune this is one of your earlier post... I did not expect that your memory is that weak!!

Originally Posted by idune

There are few things to consider before getting worked up on the Daily star speculation:

1) News says "likely" without any authoritive confirmation. This speculation has been around for last few months but so far proven to be false.

2) Source of the news is Daily star same newspaper on advise of indian officials published the propaganda Khaleda Zia took money from ISI.

3) India already concluded to support one sided staged election by Awami League and for that Ershad has been paid and set by india to play role of sham oppsition. Ershad visit and his interaction with indian leadership very much communicated that end.

With these considerations, what Daily Star published as "likely" is questionable to say the least. Captain of Awami fanboy club has obvious reason to cheer about this likely propaganda.

My statement you reposted questioned DS report that did not give any authortive source but was speculating that time. But never I said if KZ goes to indian she will be sell out. That is eastwatch pathological lie. Its natural that you will join eastwatch lying campaign that I said "BKZ will never go to India because it will be sellout". After days of search you still could not back up your and eastwatch lie.

Still waiting for proof of your and eastwatch pathological lie.

It is India who is stealing our water. India is a thief and pariah state. It is danger to the peace of South asia.

Show me those massive canals,dams and embankments that are used to steal water...:tdown:

Back
Top Bottom