What's new

PM Hasina says US may not want her, or the progress her govt made, to continue

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh

PM Hasina says US may not want her, or the progress her govt made, to continue​

Hasina speaks on US sanctions on the Rapid Action Battalion in an interview with BBC

BDNEWS24.COM
Published :
May 16, 2023 06:47 PM

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina says the United States may not want her, or the progress her government made, to continue.
During her visit to London, Hasina sat down with BBC anchor Yalda Hakim for an interview aired on Tuesday, commenting on the US sanctions on the Rapid Action Battalion and other issues.
Hakim asked the prime minister about Bangladesh's human rights record and concerns over extrajudicial killings, enforced disappearances, torture and crackdowns on the media in the interview. Hakim posted a video of the interview on Twitter.
Hasina denied the accusations, saying the allegations were not proven. “Some groups mentioned a large number [of enforced disappearances] but when we enquired it was perhaps five or six persons. Actually, some people hide themselves because of different issues.”
Asked why the US imposed sanctions on one of the paramilitary organisations in Bangladesh, Hasina said: “I don’t know, maybe they don’t want me to continue – or, the progress we are making for Bangladesh, they may not accept it. This is my feeling.”
“That paramilitary organisation was set up by the US. Actually, with their advice, it was established in 2004 and all the training and equipment – everything was provided by the US,” Hasina said.
“I feel the way they trained them, they are acting [in] such a way. Why they put sanctions on them, it’s a big question to me,” she said.
Bangladesh never supports extrajudicial killings, Hasina said, adding: “I don’t know about any other country but in our country, the law is there.”
Hasina said any law-enforcement agency gets punished in Bangladesh for its “misdeeds”.

Yes, America certainly thinks that by 2041 BD’s development will surpass that of America, all because of Hasina Bibi. Therefore, America wants her out forever.

Bloody peasant woman from Tungipara where she spent her childhood with other peasant women.

Last edited:
Yes, America certainly thinks that by 2041 BD’s development will surpass that of America, all because of Hasina Bibi. Therefore, America wants her out forever.

Bloody peasant woman from Tungipara where she spent her childhood with other peasant women.

I think the political milieu that suits a country like Bangladesh at the current time has exceeded the capability of people like Hasina and her band of go-murkh, money-grabbing, half-educated goondas posing as MPs.

They are ill-equipped unsophisticated politicos (witness Alga's antics - he is a piece of work even with the sophisticated expensive toupée - a consistent blabbermouth and loose cannon) and can neither handle int'l diplomacy nor handle sophisticated internal governance for a country like Bangladesh which is overdue to surpass 3rd world status. Any member of the 30 something current generation in Bangladesh (take any avg. college/univ. graduate) is easily 20 to 40 count beyond the IQ level of any MP or Ministerial portfolio holder idiot in Bangladesh.

Many of you who haven't been back home in Bangladesh in a while will deem my words to be a bit harsh.

But I go every year and sometimes multiple times in a year - take my word for it, it is true. I speak to mostly my chamber friends, they run the country/economy from their high level business positions. They haven't become wealthy by being stupid or by ignoring warning signs.

They tell me that these AL idiots not only are a huge hindrance to businesses, they are now starting to become unbelievably greedy, demanding 50% of the contract amounts. They do know their jig is up and they are readying their suitcases full of cash and gold jewelry before making a run for the Indian border.

Bangladesh as an entity to govern has gone way past the IQ level of these AL idiots to handle. They are only milking businesses to get the last bit of cash they can get.

And to say something about Khaleda, she's mostly in the same boat.

We need capable new leadership and need it now.

For better or worse, it's either Yunus or that Kibria gentleman.

Let's hope Allah has his blessings on our country.

Last edited:
Democracy should continue with or without Hasina and with or without US of A.

This is not the 70s where brutal dictatorships can be entertained for some superficial development of one of the key strategic region of the world.

US can provide leverage to Bangladesh in her question of China versus India. The question is of existential importance for Bangladesh.

Back
Top Bottom