What's new

Kerala, Tamil Nadu face off over Mullaperiyar dam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tamils are turning out to be nothing more than emotional fools. We should build build a new dam downstream ASAP. Let Tamils go to hell with the old dam.

Well I think from this incident we Keralites learned a very difficult lesson that we can't depend on outsiders for our daily needs of food and even if we had to don't depend on a single supplier. Hope our politicians wake up and sense the danger and do something about our stagnant agricultural sector and also look beyond TN to meet our food needs.
I think Gov should give more encouragement to those ' Kudumbashree' or 'Ayalkoottam' like missions so that we can be Self sufficient in food production and stop depending on these thugs. Hope within 5yrs time we will be self sufficient in those things.

Hi.. i'm new here.. i was searching for info abt the dam issue when i came across this forum...

i'm a little taken aback by the nature of the discussions... it's not like tamilians r against keralites... it's only some antisocial ppl from some political parties on both sides that are involved in all this chaos... and abt the issue in general, let the court decide, cos the SC will be right and it will do only that which is gud for both our states... i'm from TN and i'm more worried abt the harmony between TN and Kerala... we are indians... we shud stay together and not let politicians or ideals or anything else divide us. we cant generalize tamilians or keralites based on a few incidents....

besides, there r ppl in TN who are protesting against the attack on Keralite shops... i'm sure there r ppl in Kerala who r against the attacks on Tamilians... despite our disagreements, disputes we r all one ppl... we shud never turn against each other. hope u agree with me.

Pls tell that your Tamil brothers who are stopping our flood supplies even going to the extent of throwing away the milk meant for Kerala.

Tamils get so pumped up about the SC and their verdicts (as if they obey and respect each and every SC decision), but SC judges are not God... they are humans also with all the drawbacks that a normal human being have that could be reflected in the verdicts they give. For God sake we are talking about the lives of millions of people here. Suppose the SC gives a verdict in favor of TN, again after 5-10 years the process will start again. We are speaking about the life and death of 5 Kerala districts.

Thats why Kerala is pushing for an out of court settlement so that the good will b/n the 2 parties remain (thats the purpose of out of court settlement). All we need is a new dam. It does not take a rocket scientist to understand that a dam made in late 19th century out of Surkhi will not stand for 999 years. Sooner or later a new dam has to be built, why it can't be made now.

Pls tell that your Tamil brothers who are stopping our flood supplies even going to the extent of throwing away the milk meant for Kerala.

Tamils get so pumped up about the SC and their verdicts (as if they obey and respect each and every SC decision), but SC judges are not God... they are humans also with all the drawbacks that a normal human being have that could be reflected in the verdicts they give. For God sake we are talking about the lives of millions of people here. Suppose the SC gives a verdict in favor of TN, again after 5-10 years the process will start again. We are speaking about the life and death of 5 Kerala districts.
the vandalizing, etc. is done only by those political parties seeking media attention n for showing the ruling party in a poor light... every normal tamilian, im sure, is against anything close to causing harm of any kind to the ppl of kerala... stopping supplies of foods... is either politically motivated or due to ignorance...

Abt the dam issue... i believe the SC will b right... I dunno if TN has always followed its verdicts or not... but thats what i believe in... still, i might be wrong.

this is a controversial affair and all most of the ppl know, is from the media, forums, wikipedia, etc. some say kerala will deny water to TN if new dam is built and all that... some say the dam's safe cos of the measures taken... all of it might be true or grotesquely false.. when politics is involved, one cant b sure of anything much.

however... i think this is the best solution for the problem:
[Mullaperiyar-Dam-row-Country-cannot-afford-civil-war-on-water-says-Kalam]
Former President Dr. A.P J. Abdul Kalam on Wednesday suggested the creation of a national grid interlinking rivers to avert future water crises. “Water cannot be a point of conflict. India cannot afford to have a civil war on water. Indians cannot afford to spend time fighting on water while we march towards the path of development,” he said.

still, im no expert and all i can b certain of is tht there r faults on both the govts... thats how controversies are born. what is needed now is trust b/w the 2 state govts ... and we shud do our best to make things better by expressing our respect for each others' views, whether we agree with them or not. the ppl of TN will also be in grave peril if the dam breaks... so it's not like no one here cares abt its safety.

over 31 pages of useless talk brothers, let the governments decide what to do and how to do?
Sure the governments will find a amicable solution and the people of TN and Karlea will remain in good tearms as they have been in the past.
For the few isolated vandalizing on either side of the state borders, i am deeply annoyed to hear such incidens.
Sure the issue is not going to get resolved because of beating people who just settled in the neighbouring state to make a living.

I think Gov should give more encouragement to those ' Kudumbashree' or 'Ayalkoottam' like missions so that we can be Self sufficient in food production and stop depending on these thugs. Hope within 5yrs time we will be self sufficient in those things.
Sure if Karela becomes self sufficient, we Tamils will be more than happy because not that we have to trade but we both can contribute to the national development by producing agri products that can be sold to other parts of the nation.
But calling us tugs because of some isolated incidents is worse, we are ok with building a new dam but we need the old agreement held up and resigned for the new dam too.

MNM NEWS

:sniper::sniper::hitwall::hitwall:

They want our water, our districts and now our temple treasure also...what should we do with these guys...

Last edited by a moderator:
we are ok with building a new dam but we need the old agreement held up and resigned for the new dam too.
A 999 yr old agreement again.. are you insane? There is no more any colonial rule here mate. It belongs to us and no more free water for TN. Well go and say this to Andhra pradesh and Karnataka and see their response..

As you said earlier, they are malayalees so its not at all a concern for a them. Mate do you think its worth arguing with these guys? Both the educated and illiterate think in the same wave length in that part. Who else will commits suicide when their film star is dead and building temple for a living film star? They are like this. So no point in arguing with them. Anyway the supreme court verdict will come in favor of us. Lets hope in that. Today the supreme court rejected TN's plea seeking CISF for the dam and the central government told the court that it could not deploy the Central Industrial Security Force without Kerala making such a request.

@sajan : This is what the difference between you and us.

When we speak logic you guys dont have answer to it. Always stubborn on things which is FOOLISH. You guys are sentiMENTAL idiots......not us...

@sajan : This is what the difference between you and us.

When we speak logic you guys dont have answer to it. Always stubborn on things which is FOOLISH. You guys are sentiMENTAL idiots......not us...

You can speak all those words, comfortably sitting at home when ur life is not in danger of a catastrophe.

Can anyone in this forum tell me HOW STRONG IS IDUKKI RESERVOIR ?

Logic...if Mullaiperiyar Dam is going to be collapsed due to earth quake then naturally idukki reservoir too going to be affected.....followed by two other dams Cheruthony and Kulamavu.....this is what kerala really fears......bcoz its going to flood the whole idukki district causing 4 million people to die as saidd in Dam 999 movie.......Ohhhhhhhhh NNNNNooooooooooooooo..............

Mullaiperiyar issue is a whole drama played by kerala govt to fool its own people.......there by take the land leased to TN.

1.The important point to be noted is that, a part of Periyaru (river) originates in Tamilnadu and then it travels 47kms to join mullayaru originating in the western Ghats of kerala.So both parties have equal share in the water... its not like kerala giving water to tamilnadu. pls understand.

2.For all those who belive That TN govt is planly objecting the new dam and TN will get water even the new dam is built please understand.....The proposed place to build the new dam is at a height of 1853feet from sea level. Whereas the MP dam is at a height of 2861feet from the Sea level. Meanwhile, the water pathway from MP dam is artificially made by digging caves with huge pipes running through mountains and due to the sky scrapping height at which MP dam is situated, though there are many hurdles, the water travels many kilometers and reaches the vaigai river in Tamilnadu. But this cannot happen with the proposed new dam because it contains no such unique designs its just a plain simple dam the only thing it will do is let water into idukki dam. Even if the Kerala government wanted to provide Tamilnadu with water, they could not because of the natural barriers.
aand please keralian brother though u say ur literate ... ur use of abusive language is pretty ugly please understand that this is not some national forum.

so the only solution is....
the new dam can be build at the similar altitude as of MP dam with similar design but with new concepts and base materials thats the only answer to this issue. so kerla peoples life can be saved and TN will get water too.

As you said earlier, they are malayalees so its not at all a concern for a them. Mate do you think its worth arguing with these guys? Both the educated and illiterate think in the same wave length in that part. Who else will commits suicide when their film star is dead and building temple for a living film star? They are like this. So no point in arguing with them. Anyway the supreme court verdict will come in favor of us. Lets hope in that. Today the supreme court rejected TN's plea seeking CISF for the dam and the central government told the court that it could not deploy the Central Industrial Security Force without Kerala making such a request.

People living in 30 kms are to be affected....did u go and survey those hilly places ? Dnt speak without seeing anything.....

Plz friends dnt believe these politician words(Both TN and Kerala)......Kerala's trump card is Mullaiperiyar issue to win the by election.....Media too wants to increase their TRP rating and they follow a debate

Simple logic...sun tv owned by maran's show news supporting TN in sun news and supporting kerala in suriya news.....plz think

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

@ deepakclaw

Let me ask you a question, the slogan of kerala is WATER FOR TN AND SAFERTY FOR KERALA...rite

WHAT IF KERALA REFUSES TO GIVE WATER AFTER CONSTRUCTING A NEW DAM ?

For kerala friends, fyi Mullaiperiyar Dam was renovated with latest technics......and its almost like brand new dam

Plz understand this if you are not aware of it.

Plzzzz watch this video and you will understand our concern

If your answer all the questions raised in the video then the problem is solved.....

Construct new dam and give us more water........

Last edited by a moderator:
that could be problem though ,,
i just stated my thoughts brother thats all.
People living in 30 kms are to be affected....did u go and survey those hilly places ? Dnt speak without seeing anything.....

Plz friends dnt believe these politician words(Both TN and Kerala)......Kerala's trump card is Mullaiperiyar issue to win the by election.....Media too wants to increase their TRP rating and they follow a debate

Simple logic...sun tv owned by maran's show news supporting TN in sun news and supporting kerala in suriya news.....plz think

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

@ deepakclaw

Let me ask you a question, the slogan of kerala is WATER FOR TN AND SAFERTY FOR KERALA...rite

WHAT IF KERALA REFUSES TO GIVE WATER AFTER CONSTRUCTING A NEW DAM ?

Keralites started the attack on Tamils.Only then Tamils retaliated.The attack started with attack on Tamil Sabarimala pilgirms and later was followed by attack on workers in Idukki and sexual molestation of women workers by malayalees and now they come and post in pdf as if they are saints.

The attacks are still continuing.

My blood is boiling.Time to hit back.Not a single vehicle or truck should enter TN border if they refuse to give us water.Stop all supply of vegetables and milk from TN.Let them import it from gulf or from Karnataka.

If the attack on tamils continue,I think we should not be very nice people.These cunning guys will eat us.Kick out all keralites.let them go to God's own country.for every tamil attacked atleast 10 mallus should be kicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom