What's new

Kerala, Tamil Nadu face off over Mullaperiyar dam

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yes im proud of being a malayalee because despite being not a industrialised state, in terms of Human Development Index and life standard of the people, Kerala is ahead of most other states in India. In fact, in certain development indices it is on a par with some of the developed countries.

A little too much chest thumping, don't you think? Eventhough we have our plus points we should be humble about it and not forget that we have our drawbacks like less industries.

Yes we malayalees go to other states and other countries for higher studies. But do you think all of them are giving free education to us. We pay in lakhs mate. Its not because we dont have enough colleges here. Its because the percentage of people going for higher studies in Kerala is much higher. There are several colleges and polytechnics in TN which is entirely dependent on malayalee students. And yes im proud of being a malayalee because despite being not a industrialised state, in terms of Human Development Index and life standard of the people, Kerala is ahead of most other states in India. In fact, in certain development indices it is on a par with some of the developed countries.

Congratulations in achieving this feat! Yes we are also proud of God's own country being in India. But that does not give you a right to tell Tamils are Illiterate!

Just my humble request, hope you will not come with a vendetta to showcase the literacy rate compassion sheet.

Remember the leader of the Missile program was Abdul Kalam, a Tamilian, And the present director of the most ambitious missile program Tessy Thomas, a malayalee... If they had fought that one is better than other... Our enemies would have came in and made us a part of barren Island.

United we stand, Divide we fall... It is true in Ghazini Mohammed days and East India company days!

United we stand, Divide we fall... It is true in Ghazini Mohammed days and East India company days!

Absolutely true..but 3.5 million casualities is too much a price for Kerala to pay for unity with TN.

Absolutely true..but 3.5 million casualities is too much a price for Kerala to pay for unity with TN.

Look, Nobody wants the 3.5 million people die, I pray that this should have a peaceful ending....

mullaperiyar Dam ,padmanabhaswamy temple treasure ,now Iduki Dist is there any limit for These Tamilan Demands

'Padmanabhaswamy Temple treasure belongs to TN'

Last edited by a moderator:
Look, Nobody wants the 3.5 million people die, I pray that this should have a peaceful ending....

Not until TN put aside emotions and approach the issue logically.

Water for TN, Safety for Kerala

mullaperiyar Dam ,padmanabhaswamy temple treasure ,now Iduki Dist is there any limit for These Tamilan Demands

'Padmanabhaswamy Temple treasure belongs to TN'

Look at those guys. That oldies are saying that we malayalees are immigrant and Kerala belongs to Tamils... They took nearly half of Travancore kingdom during state reorganisation and now they want Idukki and Trivandrum aswell.. Then why only those 2 ... take all our 14 district and throw us malayalees in Arabian sea. So that you all can be proud of being a .....
കുളിനാറി തെണ്ടികള്* ഇവന്മാര്* എന്റെ ക്ഷമ കളയിക്കും. ഞാന്* ഇതോടെ നിറുത്തി..

Last edited by a moderator:
I 'like' the way in which TN wants to solve Mullaperiyar...just reorganize the state borders. Its useless to expect any positive results from this people.

My dear Malayalam friends, who currently at kerala plz discuss and other staying abroad without knowing this serious issue dont flame things more without knowing a single penny.....understood ?

Its all about sentimental issue between Tamil and Malayalam people.

Mallus friends plz dnt say that mallus are brilliant and tamils are illiterate, no tamils were touched at kerala, you people know the status of your state better than Tamils. Speak from heart and not what your brains says......

Always agitation is the slogan of Kerala everywhere, anywhere and all time(No criticizing).

Tamil people where treated badly in kerala than any dalits treated elsewhere in INDIA in recent months.

Again i feel ashamed discussing this at pakistan forum

Looks like Hindu-Muslim issue is far better than this issue.

@sajan Plz ignore these politicians, its not all the thoughts about Tamil people they are talking about, there own thinking without any PROOF.

Why dont u guys speak about 2G issue, common wealth issue where we are looted(TN and Kerala).

Atlast the beneficiary is the Central Govt(Politicians from Kerala MP's and TN MP's)

Its clearly mentioned by kerala in supreme court recently, the current capacity of idukki reservoir if 55 TMC(total capacity is 75 TMC)

Mullaperiyar capacity is 15 TMC(but not fully utilized), its logic if the DAM is damaged also idukki reservoir can store 55+15 TMC

I hope if idukki reservoir is full then kerala will defnitely have a safety measure to flow out the extra water stored.

My question is why kerala instead of building a new dam at Mullaiperiyar location by destroying a large forest area, can strengthen the Idukki reservoir, places surrounding thekkadi. FYI the distance between idukki and Mullaiperiya dam is just 50 kms.

IF THIS QUESTION IS ANSWERED THEN THERE IS A SOLUTION FOR THIS ISSUE......

many shops and institution of Malayalees Destroyed in Tamilnadu ...no arrests or Case charged against pandi hooligans

many shops and institution of Malayalees Destroyed in Tamilnadu ...no arrests or Case charged against pandi hooligans
Even in Coimbatore. the Kongu area. K R Bakery, railway station shop was vandalized by tribal party hooligans.

BEFORE MULLAIPERIYA ISSUE - KERALA REQUEST
WATER FOR TN, SAFETY FOR KERALA

BEFORE MULLAIPERIYA ISSUE - TN REQUEST
SAFETY FOR TAMILS, CO-OPERATION FOR KERALA

Keralites plz dnt say single tamilian was NOT touched in kerala, i accept few kerala shops were looted to some extent in TN AFTER THIS AGITAION BUT NOT A SINGLE MALAYALEE WAS TOUCHED, I REPEAT NOT A SINGLE MALAYALEE WAS TOUCHED IN TN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom