What's new

Kerala, Tamil Nadu face off over Mullaperiyar dam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel we are Malayalis First.....................Malayalis have that feeling less in their blood ,thats why their brethren are being hit and looted in TN.................Think what will happen if we retaliate in all parts of Kerala & Chala Kambolam.
Most of the business like textiles and hotels are run my tamil here in Trivandrum. If we also started thinking and behaving like tamils, those famous textiles like 'Ramachandra or Pothys here would have been looted by now. But our culture is not like theirs who blindly believe in anything without reasoning it.

I feel we are Malayalis First.....................Malayalis have that feeling less in their blood ,thats why their brethren are being hit and looted in TN.................Think what will happen if we retaliate in all parts of Kerala & Chala Kambolam.

We must not stoop to their level? We are much better than that.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Most of the business like textiles and hotels are run my tamil here in Trivandrum. If we also started thinking and behaving like tamils, those famous textiles like 'Ramachandra or Pothys here would have been looted by now. But our culture is not like theirs who blindly believe in anything without reasoning it.

All Tamilans have to accuse Kerala is that some Sabrimala pilgrims were attacked..but I think its nothing more than rumor. Did it really happened?

Also there is a difference b/n Tamil owned shops (eg: Pothis) & shops owned by people of Tamil ethnicity like the many vegetarian hotels.

Ofcourse yes, but pls tell that your Tamilan brothers who are targeting people based on ethinicty.

I am not sure whether you are making fun of me or something else.... I said violence is not a way to achieve anything in life. I hope the TN police is doing all it could to prevent any violence. It is not my kith or kin who is involved in violence, so that I can go and ask them to stop.

But Kerala government should not pass resolutions now and then telling 'We don't care what others concerns are... We will do what we think is correct' because the two state governments have 99% of the role to play here.

What is Kerala's stand here...
1. Not to let a single drop of water into TN
2. Reduce the water going to TN
3. Old Dam is very risky and it should not create any flash floods in Kerala due to its age

Three different problems, TN is accusing Kerala has point no 1 in their mind, Kerala is telling No 3 concerns them more. So there is no consensus on the problem itself.... If there is no consensus in problem definition itself then how can you expect them to reach a mutually agreeable solution?

We need each other so that the nation develops.

Absolutely wrong.Tamils in Kerala works as rag pickers to tea shop owners to running huge whole sale shops including Pothis. All the Malayalee bakeries in TN will not be able to challenge the single Pothis showroom in my city in turnover. The Tamil run shops in Kerala whether big or small make it a point to employ Tamilians, not to mention the significant Tamil population in the Kerala-TN border.So by my estimate Tamilians in Kerala will outnumber Keralites in TN. but guess what not a single stone was thrown at Tamil owned shops, political parties didn't do a dharna in front of them nor did we ransacked Tamilian owned shops.On the other hand Keralites are being targeted at TN unabated.

As for Tamilians sending us food, milk,electricity etc, guess what..you are not giving us for free. We are paying through the nose for your products. Actually many farmers in TN depend on Kerala for selling their food stuff. On the other hand I secretly want TN to block the supplies. We Keralites were very much complacent on our agricultural sector. This incidence will teach us that we can't live on other's mercy even if they are from inside India. Let the dust clear, I am sure that loss will be greater on your balance sheet...it was so when Vaiko and Co stopped our supplies some time ago.

We are concerned for our life while its just a matter of water for TN, but by the grace of God we showed much greater restraint than Tamils who are turning out to be emotional fools. If you can stop our food supplies, we can also stop the rubber and spices meant for TN..but we will not do that..as it will be so foolish on our part.

All we are asking for is a new dam, our CM said publicly that we will not divert a drop of water meant for TN as per the studid 999 year agreement. What more you want? Build a new dam and let us live in peace .
Well said mate..
I saw in another forum a tamil comparing kerala to Bihar of South India.These illiterate, ignorant people think that we are so poor like most of them .:disagree:

All Tamilans have to accuse Kerala is that some Sabrimala pilgrims were attacked..but I think its nothing more than rumor. Did it really happened?

Also there is a difference b/n Tamil owned shops (eg: Pothis) & shops owned by people of Tamil ethnicity like the many vegetarian hotels.

Again you are no different... Tamils already did it and people on the other side is asking why we should not do that?

I am not sure whether you are making fun of me or something else.... I said violence is not a way to achieve anything in life. I hope the TN police is doing all it could to prevent any violence. It is not my kith or kin who is involved in violence, so that I can go and ask them to stop.

But Kerala government should not pass resolutions now and then telling 'We don't care what others concerns are... We will do what we think is correct' because the two state governments have 99% of the role to play here.

3. Old Dam is very risky and it should not create any flash floods in Kerala due to its age

Three different problems, TN is accusing Kerala has point no 1 in their mind, Kerala is telling No 3 concerns them more. So there is no consensus on the problem itself.... If there is no consensus in problem definition itself then how can you expect them to reach a mutually agreeable solution?

all three points are wrong what Kerala Says is Water for tamilnadu and Safety for kerala ...

all three points are wrong what Kerala Says is Water for tamilnadu and Safety for kerala ...
the side effect of watching sun news,jaya tv,kaligner news and thina thanthi,thina malar,thinakaran,maali murasu etc. keralakkarunka enka thanniye tirudranka...

I saw that they are asking for the blood of DIG George. He did nothing. these people!
Goland_Face_palm_plz_by_Broccoli_Goes_Moo.png

Well said mate..
I saw in another forum a tamil comparing kerala to Bihar of South India.These illiterate, ignorant people think that we are so poor like most of them .:disagree:

Well why are you taking things to personal level? Illiterate!.... I saw so many malyayalees coming to TN for doing Engg, During those days they told that there were not many Engg colleges in Kerala... Does that mean Kerala is not no.1 state in literacy in India?

This is the cause of all problem buddy you think you are better than me and I think I am better than you!

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

the side effect of watching sun news,jaya tv,kaligner news and thina thanthi,thina malar,thinakaran,maali murasu etc. keralakkarunka enka thanniye tirudranka...

:-) Hum.... Then why can't Kerala politicians cannot convince the TN ones? or Why Supreme court favors not for you?

Anyone can tell anything... but facts are facts no one can refute it!

Absolutely wrong.Tamils in Kerala works as rag pickers to tea shop owners to running huge whole sale shops including Pothis. All the Malayalee bakeries in TN will not be able to challenge the single Pothis showroom in my city in turnover. The Tamil run shops in Kerala whether big or small make it a point to employ Tamilians, not to mention the significant Tamil population in the Kerala-TN border.So by my estimate Tamilians in Kerala will outnumber Keralites in TN. but guess what not a single stone was thrown at Tamil owned shops, political parties didn't do a dharna in front of them nor did we ransacked Tamilian owned shops.On the other hand Keralites are being targeted at TN unabated.

As for Tamilians sending us food, milk,electricity etc, guess what..you are not giving us for free. We are paying through the nose for your products. Actually many farmers in TN depend on Kerala for selling their food stuff. On the other hand I secretly want TN to block the supplies. We Keralites were very much complacent on our agricultural sector. This incidence will teach us that we can't live on other's mercy even if they are from inside India. Let the dust clear, I am sure that loss will be greater on your balance sheet...it was so when Vaiko and Co stopped our supplies some time ago.

We are concerned for our life while its just a matter of water for TN, but by the grace of God we showed much greater restraint than Tamils who are turning out to be emotional fools. If you can stop our food supplies, we can also stop the rubber and spices meant for TN..but we will not do that..as it will be so foolish on our part.

All we are asking for is a new dam, our CM said publicly that we will not divert a drop of water meant for TN as per the studid 999 year agreement. What more you want? Build a new dam and let us live in peace .

Not again that Vaiko.... Please... He does not represent Tamils, He is a cheap politician.... Raise your point in supreme court... I hope they are not pro-Tamil in giving judgement.... Let them give judgement and everyone have to abide by it. End of story.

Kerala Gov is elected by us. So if a resolution is passed in kerala assembly, its should be for us not for tamils. And no were it is said that we malayalees will deny water to tamils. Its said again and again that we are not opposing to give water to TN. But it should not be at the cost of our life and property. A person with at least little brain will understand the situation of an 116yr old dam constructed from lime stone and surkhi (burnt brick powder and a mixture of sugar and calcium oxide) a century ago with lots of cracks and leaks in it at present. It may not bother you. But it really bothers us. For every human his life comes first then only about his bro, sis or what so ever...

Kerala Gov is elected by us. So if a resolution is passed in kerala assembly, its should be for us not for tamils. And no were it is said that we malayalees will deny water to tamils. Its said again and again that we are not opposing to give water to TN. But it should not be at the cost of our life and property. A person with at least little brain will understand the situation of an 116yr old dam constructed from lime stone and surkhi (burnt brick powder and a mixture of sugar and calcium oxide) a century ago with lots of cracks and leaks in it at present. It may not bother you. But it really bothers us. For every human his life comes first then only about his bro, sis or what so ever...

Agree with you buddy.... Kerala politicians cannot convince the TN Politicians, The Politicians here are telling that Kerala is trying to make TN a Desert.... and they are telling that with the new dam position it will be impossible to bring water to TN..... You assume that you cannot convince these fools.

There was another report telling that even a earthquake occurs nothing will happen to the dam because it was strengthened a decade ago. I have no confidence in the both the reports... Let central government and supreme court decide it!

Go to Supreme court and get their judgement and proceed. If Supreme court could not deliver a judgement in your side then there is something very much wrong in propaganda... If it delivers judgement on your side... People here should respect it. Let court decide it.....

No violence, All life are equal. Government should take strict action against those who gets involved in violence, so that others should refrain from doing it.

No one should telling Kerala is equal to Bihar in South India or Tamils are illiterate.

Well why are you taking things to personal level? Illiterate!.... I saw so many malyayalees coming to TN for doing Engg, During those days they told that there were not many Engg colleges in Kerala... Does that mean Kerala is not no.1 state in literacy in India?

This is the cause of all problem buddy you think you are better than me and I think I am better than you!

Yes we malayalees go to other states and other countries for higher studies. But do you think all of them are giving free education to us. We pay in lakhs mate. Its not because we dont have enough colleges here. Its because the percentage of people going for higher studies in Kerala is much higher. There are several colleges and polytechnics in TN which is entirely dependent on malayalee students. And yes im proud of being a malayalee because despite being not a industrialised state, in terms of Human Development Index and life standard of the people, Kerala is ahead of most other states in India. In fact, in certain development indices it is on a par with some of the developed countries.

Again you are no different... Tamils already did it and people on the other side is asking why we should not do that?

I am very much different. I will not stop drinking tea & Masala Dosa from my favorite Tamil tea shop , just bcs TN is against new dam or will I support throwing stones at Pothis...So Mr. Rocky25 we consider ourselves practical people not emotional fools like you.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Not again that Vaiko.... Please... He does not represent Tamils, He is a cheap politician.... Raise your point in supreme court... I hope they are not pro-Tamil in giving judgement.... Let them give judgement and everyone have to abide by it. End of story.

Almost every political party is against Kerala, some more militant, some less..thats only the difference I can see.

:-) Hum.... Then why can't Kerala politicians cannot convince the TN ones? or Why Supreme court favors not for you?

Anyone can tell anything... but facts are facts no one can refute it!

Bcs your politicians have a stand that Kerala is wrong and sticking to it. Inspite of many requests 'Amma' is not ready to meet with our CM, but instead gives out advertisements (which was criticized by SC). This shows nothing but pure arrogance.

I am very much different. I will not stop drinking tea & Masala Dosa from my favorite Tamil tea shop , just bcs TN is against new dam or will I support throwing stones at Pothis...So Mr. Rocky25 we consider ourselves practical people not emotional fools like you.

I hope you are not attacking me individually :-) No one should not advocate violence!
All problems can be settled on table... If that fails then in the court. That's what I want to say!

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Bcs your politicians have a stand that Kerala is wrong and sticking to it. Inspite of many requests 'Amma' is not ready to meet with our CM, but instead gives out advertisements (which was criticized by SC). This shows nothing but pure arrogance.

This is unfortunate not going to the table quickly.... Hope everything about this will end peacefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom