What's new

Kerala, Tamil Nadu face off over Mullaperiyar dam

Status
Not open for further replies.
385387_230030197070119_100001894203033_548580_1960819087_n.jpg

381278_150231591748553_100002851382679_180529_1893198448_n.jpg

374965_176507515779503_100002607683643_306984_1144707067_n.jpg

ya Congress Mp's

yesterday there was a demonstration in Munnar (by local tamil workers) demanding Idukki to the State of Tamil Nadu

We need ShivSena ,MNS type parties ...
You are right mate..

ഇത്രയും ഒക്കെ അവന്മാര്* കാട്ടി കൂട്ടിയിട്ടും അവിടുള്ളവര്* ഒന്നും ചെയ്തില്ലേ ? കഷ്ടം മലയാളികളുടെ കാരിയം. കോണ്*ഗ്രസിനെയും കമ്മ്യൂണിസ്റ്റ്*നെയും ഇവടന്ന് കെട്ടുകെട്ടിക്കെണ്ട സമയം അതിക്രമിച്ചിരിക്കുന്നു...

Absolutely right!!

In an earlier thread I argued that we must go the Gujurat way and should industralize fast, so that Malayalees remain in Kerala and not in some far away places at the mercy of others.For this I was called a Modi supporter , communalist and was told to move to Gujurat by fellow Malayaless posters. Now we see industries, shops and farms in TN owned by Malayalees ransacked by Tamils. Next may be Malayalees themselves working in various factories/offices in TN. What you say now bit***s?

Absolutely right!!

In an earlier thread I argued that we must go the Gujurat way and should industralize fast, so that Malayalees remain in Kerala and not in some far away places at the mercy of others.For this I was called a Modi supporter , communalist and was told to move to Gujurat by fellow Malayaless posters. Now we see industries, shops and farms in TN owned by Malayalees ransacked by Tamils. Next may be Malayalees themselves working in various factories/offices in TN. What you say now bit***s?

Peace! let Supreme court decide what should be done.... no one should take violence as means to vent their anger. We got independence with non-violence and this is not a big problem than that.

Peace! let Supreme court decide what should be done.... no one should take violence as means to vent their anger. We got independence with non-violence and this is not a big problem than that.

Tell that to your fellow Tamils(assuming that you are one).Daily I see Malayalee establishments being targeted in TN.Food, milk and meat meant for Kerala stopped so as to force Kerala to back off. Even pigs and cattle of farms owned by Malayalees stolen and barns and farmhouses set on fire. So what peace are you talking about. Tamils crossed border and threw stones inside Kerala and Tamil MPs wants entire Idukki dist joined to TN.You people cry about what Sinhalese did to Tamils in SL but you are turning out to be much worse than Sinhalese.

I always supported Tamil posters here against Srilankans on the issue of Tamil cause, now I regret that decision.

You are right mate..

ഇത്രയും ഒക്കെ അവന്മാര്* കാട്ടി കൂട്ടിയിട്ടും അവിടുള്ളവര്* ഒന്നും ചെയ്തില്ലേ ? കഷ്ടം മലയാളികളുടെ കാരിയം. കോണ്*ഗ്രസിനെയും കമ്മ്യൂണിസ്റ്റ്*നെയും ഇവടന്ന് കെട്ടുകെട്ടിക്കെണ്ട സമയം അതിക്രമിച്ചിരിക്കുന്നു...

Eventhough its dominated by 'Achayans', Kerala Congress did a much better job on Mullaperiyar issue than Congress and Communists.

some people argue that small states helps in "easing administration". now we know, being a small state with 20 MPs we are bullied through out. Even if the sympathy is with us being bullied by radical Tamilian MPs who goes to even claim Kerala's integral regions as Tamilnadu. The way Karnataka handled the issue is, to Me looks better. Even if We are ready to give water, NO! they want whole Dam and Idukki district along with it. anyone remember the "Killing the Golden Goose"..

some people argue that small states helps in "easing administration". now we know, being a small state with 20 MPs we are bullied through out. Even if the sympathy is with us being bullied by radical Tamilian MPs who goes to even claim Kerala's integral regions as Tamilnadu. The way Karnataka handled the issue is, to Me looks better. Even if We are ready to give water, NO! they want whole Dam and Idukki district along with it. anyone remember the "Killing the Golden Goose"..

Dude 20 MPs is a lot in a coalition govt. Unfortunately our 20 MPs belong to national parties who are more concerned about American imperialism & Globalization (read Communists) or the ones who are subservient to High Command(read Congress) than one of the critical matter affecting the state. They don't have any bargaining power like DMK or AIDMK.

Tell that to your fellow Tamils(assuming that you are one).Daily I see Malayalee establishments being targeted in TN.Food, milk and meat meant for Kerala stopped so as to force Kerala to back off. Even pigs and cattle of farms owned by Malayalees stolen and barns and farmhouses set on fire. So what peace are you talking about. Tamils crossed border and threw stones inside Kerala and Tamil MPs wants entire Idukki dist joined to TN.You people cry about what Sinhalese did to Tamils in SL but you are turning out to be much worse than Sinhalese.

I always supported Tamil posters here against Srilankans on the issue of Tamil cause, now I regret that decision.

I agree with you on this. We were mistaken. What Sinhalese did was right. We should do what they did in Srilanka. Let them go back to that 'Microwave Owen'(TN).

Do you expect me to go and say that to 6 crore people individually? Or did I advocate violence here?

One side of the population claims that the other is trying to make its land a desert and the other is claiming that dam burst will cause a serious floods and complete wash away and both. If that is the situation then both people should sit together and talk and come to a mutual consensus... If they cannot then both parties should go to court to settle their differences.

What makes Kelala assembly to decide and pass resolutions? It seems they are not ready to listen to others concerns.... And TN government will pass another resolution... and the story goes on.

Future wars would not be over land but over water! These people believe that not a single drop of water is going to come from Kerala... So that's next for them? Attack their interests. There are more malayalees living in TN than vice versa... so they got the chance to do all sort of things.

There had been attacks... It is nothing very great, over time people will forget it.... What my worry is... There should not be any untoward incidents which causes a very deep rift.

Your words 'I always supported Tamil posters here against Srilankans on the issue of Tamil cause, now I regret that decision.' You are not very different from ordinary Tamils.... He can also say 'I allowed lots and lots of malayalees to get settled in TN and start their business and I am regular customer of Keralites bakeries and we send food, milk, electricity and meat to them all round the year, and allow their vehicles to pass through our state, but they are trying to bring destruction to our state by famine... Why should I still allow the malayalees to be here'? - Just a human thought.

Anyway I pray things should go smooth and the stupid prime minister should do something and Supreme court should make things as peacefully as possible.

I agree with you on this. We were mistaken. What Sinhalese did was right. We should do what they did in Srilanka. Let them go back to that 'Microwave Owen'(TN).

What makes you different from the Tamils who attacked the Malayalees? Buddy SL issue is different... I hope ours difference is not that worse. Be patient... We are Indians first.

Mullaiperiyar row: Villagers vandalise shops

MADURAI: A bandh like situation prevailed in Theni on Tuesday. As tempers ran high over the ongoing Mullai*periyar dam row, all commercial firms downed shutters and traffic came to a standstill in the heart of the town. Keralites run establishments in the district came under attack yet again. Protests over the last few days had been largely outside Theni town and confined to areas such as Cumbum, Lower Camp, Chinnamanur and Gudalur closer to the Kerala border. Traders in Theni displayed their solidarity with the villagers by shutting shop for a day urging the State to block all entry routes to Kerala.

The agitation, intended to send across a message to Kerala that its stand on decommissioning the dam was an ill-conceived one, has now spread to Andipatti and Periyakulam.

In Theni and Andipatti, the name boards of Keralites-run Muthoot Finance and Manappuram Finance were damaged. A rubber farm owned by a Keralite was set ablaze and the Theni International Hotel, also owned by a Keralite, was attack.

Around 10,000 protesters were stopped from marching to Kerala border near Kuruvan Spring Bridge. A group of advocates locked up the LIC office and post office in Uthamapalayam to condemn the Centre for failing to resolve the issue.

Meanwhile, around 500 Tamil plantation workers, who were stranded in Kerala, managed to reach home. In Alanganallur near Madurai, Ayyappa devotees went on a day’s fast seeking an early solution to the dam row.

Mullai*periyar row: Villagers vandalise shops | Mullai*periyar dam row | | The New Indian Express

all the attack and hooliganism done by Tamils ,not a single issue this side of Border

What makes you different from the Tamils who attacked the Malayalees? Buddy SL issue is different... I hope ours difference is not that worse. Be patient... We are Indians first.

I feel we are Malayalis First.....................Malayalis have that feeling less in their blood ,thats why their brethren are being hit and looted in TN.................Think what will happen if we retaliate in all parts of Kerala & Chala Kambolam.

Do you expect me to go and say that to 6 crore people individually? Or did I advocate violence here?

One side of the population claims that the other is trying to make its land a desert and the other is claiming that dam burst will cause a serious floods and complete wash away and both. If that is the situation then both people should sit together and talk and come to a mutual consensus... If they cannot then both parties should go to court to settle their differences.

What makes Kelala assembly to decide and pass resolutions? It seems they are not ready to listen to others concerns.... And TN government will pass another resolution... and the story goes on.

Future wars would not be over land but over water! These people believe that not a single drop of water is going to come from Kerala... So that's next for them? Attack their interests. There are more malayalees living in TN than vice versa... so they got the chance to do all sort of things.

There had been attacks... It is nothing very great, over time people will forget it.... What my worry is... There should not be any untoward incidents which causes a very deep rift.

Your words 'I always supported Tamil posters here against Srilankans on the issue of Tamil cause, now I regret that decision.' You are not very different from ordinary Tamils.... He can also say 'I allowed lots and lots of malayalees to get settled in TN and start their business and I am regular customer of Keralites bakeries and we send food, milk, electricity and meat to them all round the year, and allow their vehicles to pass through our state, but they are trying to bring destruction to our state by famine... Why should I still allow the malayalees to be here'? - Just a human thought.

Anyway I pray things should go smooth and the stupid prime minister should do something and Supreme court should make things as peacefully as possible.

Absolutely wrong.Tamils in Kerala works as rag pickers to tea shop owners to running huge whole sale shops including Pothis. All the Malayalee bakeries in TN will not be able to challenge the single Pothis showroom in my city in turnover. The Tamil run shops in Kerala whether big or small make it a point to employ Tamilians, not to mention the significant Tamil population in the Kerala-TN border.So by my estimate Tamilians in Kerala will outnumber Keralites in TN. but guess what not a single stone was thrown at Tamil owned shops, political parties didn't do a dharna in front of them nor did we ransacked Tamilian owned shops.On the other hand Keralites are being targeted at TN unabated.

As for Tamilians sending us food, milk,electricity etc, guess what..you are not giving us for free. We are paying through the nose for your products. Actually many farmers in TN depend on Kerala for selling their food stuff. On the other hand I secretly want TN to block the supplies. We Keralites were very much complacent on our agricultural sector. This incidence will teach us that we can't live on other's mercy even if they are from inside India. Let the dust clear, I am sure that loss will be greater on your balance sheet...it was so when Vaiko and Co stopped our supplies some time ago.

We are concerned for our life while its just a matter of water for TN, but by the grace of God we showed much greater restraint than Tamils who are turning out to be emotional fools. If you can stop our food supplies, we can also stop the rubber and spices meant for TN..but we will not do that..as it will be so foolish on our part.

All we are asking for is a new dam, our CM said publicly that we will not divert a drop of water meant for TN as per the studid 999 year agreement. What more you want? Build a new dam and let us live in peace .

Ofcourse yes, but pls tell that your Tamilan brothers who are targeting people based on ethinicty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom