What's new

Kerala, Tamil Nadu face off over Mullaperiyar dam

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a disputes of the state governments and let them come to a writen agrement on a new Dam, I am not against a new dam and neither is any Tamil, Its the water sharing that follows, will the old agreement be nullified on a new Dam are the questions.

Guys from Karela, please do not take our stand wrongly, my question to you guys is that, in the 3rd page itself I said lets not have this discussion in this forum, yet you have continued this discussion to 16 pages and one Kerela member calling us NAZIs.
Any way, let time take its course to solve this issue.

Kindly have a comparision between Idiki(Arch Dam) vs MullaiPariyar Dam(Gravity Dam).
see which engineering structure is stable. if you guys decommision the dam in the idea of taking the water to Iddiki and not sharing the same with TN, there is a time based atom bomb that you are going to prepare at Iduki.

Kindly stop this thread here and lets not duscus our internal issue in a rival forum. If you guys want to do it do it in IDF and not in PDF

Guys our plan is to build a new dam for getting water to iduki dam...............

New dam shoul be made and the price for water shoul be renegotiated .....................power generated should not be shared and its shoul be only for kseb AS ONLY KERALA GOVT IS GOING TO FINANCE IT..................

IF TN IS NOT READY FOR GOOD PRICE THEN WATER CAN BE DIVERTED FOR SOME IRRIGATION IN IDUKKI DIST AND TO OTHER DISTRICTS.........

This is a disputes of the state governments and let them come to a writen agrement on a new Dam, I am not against a new dam and neither is any Tamil, Its the water sharing that follows, will the old agreement be nullified on a new Dam are the questions.

Guys from Karela, please do not take our stand wrongly, my question to you guys is that, in the 3rd page itself I said lets not have this discussion in this forum, yet you have continued this discussion to 16 pages and one Kerela member calling us NAZIs.
Any way, let time take its course to solve this issue.

Kindly have a comparision between Idiki(Arch Dam) vs MullaiPariyar Dam(Gravity Dam).
see which engineering structure is stable. if you guys decommision the dam in the idea of taking the water to Iddiki and not sharing the same with TN, there is a time based atom bomb that you are going to prepare at Iduki.

Kindly stop this thread here and lets not duscus our internal issue in a rival forum. If you guys want to do it do it in IDF and not in PDF

Dude as far as I know we had done nothing wrong to TN but had always abided by the various agreements including the Mullaperiyar Dam. We had allowed ourselves us to be exploited by TN through this 999 year agreement for the last 64 years. Only in 1979, after the first cracks began to appear in the dam that we started demanding a new dam. On the otherhand what do your politicians do.....stop our food supply at the drop of the hat. You know very well how dependent we are on the food supplies from TN, but yet you stopped it. Is this how fellow Indians should treat eachother. What word is better suited for this type of behaviour...You tell me.

I don't want it to be a Malayali Vs Tamilian problem, and till now its not turned out to be so. For your information out of the 75,000 people who live b/n the Mullaperiyar and idukki Dam 30,000 is said to be of Tamil ethinicity.If this dam breaks they will be first ones to perish. I remember you being very much sentimental and emotional about the Tamil cause in SL and this Tamils are Indians and your own brothers..So pls show them and us some sympathy.

Guys our plan is to build a new dam for getting water to iduki dam...............

New dam shoul be made and the price for water shoul be renegotiated .....................power generated should not be shared and its shoul be only for kseb AS ONLY KERALA GOVT IS GOING TO FINANCE IT..................

IF TN IS NOT READY FOR GOOD PRICE THEN WATER CAN BE DIVERTED FOR SOME IRRIGATION IN IDUKKI DIST AND TO OTHER DISTRICTS.........
let your government ask for a renegociation, kindly do not mistake me. you are ready to drain the water in the Arabian Sea but you are not ready to give it to TN farmers. is it?
Siting in UAE, you can demand any thing from your Government, but ultimatly its the Governments call is in't it?

let your government ask for a renegociation, kindly do not mistake me. you are ready to drain the water in the Arabian Sea but you are not ready to give it to TN farmers. is it?
Siting in UAE, you can demand any thing from your Government, but ultimatly its the Governments call is in't it?

Draining is done during unprecedented rains.

Otherwise during times the water is not even sufficient for power generation @ Idukki.

We are generous enough to give water for free which your people doesnt deserve anyway de to the location of the dam, river etc.

You got the water because at that time the colonialists were calling the shot and the later cief ministers were generous to let TN take away water .
e
But this time around its a matter of life .

Dude as far as I know we had done nothing wrong to TN but had always abided by the various agreements including the Mullaperiyar Dam. We had allowed ourselves us to be exploited by TN through this 999 year agreement for the last 64 years. Only in 1979, after the first cracks began to appear in the dam that we started demanding a new dam. On the otherhand what do your politicians do.....stop our food supply at the drop of the hat. You know very well how dependent we are on the food supplies from TN, but yet you stopped it. Is this how fellow Indians should treat eachother. What word is better suited for this type of behaviour...You tell me.

I don't want it to be a Malayali Vs Tamilian problem, and till now its not turned out to be so. For your information out of the 75,000 people who live b/n the Mullaperiyar and idukki Dam 30,000 is said to be of Tamil ethinicity.If this dam breaks they will be first ones to perish. I remember you being very much sentimental and emotional about the Tamil cause in SL and this Tamils are Indians and your own brothers..So pls show them and us some sympathy.
Kindly read my entire post brother, had i said no to a new dam, let the governments decide with Suprem Court and Center as nutral witness. Look at my sentence that I am not against a new Dam. But your Government should settle for a construction agreement that both TN and Karela build it and the same water agreement be upheld.
Else let the TN government build it with your work force and let your workforce do the entire decommisioning of the old dam, then you'll know how tough it is to destroy a gravity dam.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Draining is done during unprecedented rains.

Otherwise during times the water is not even sufficient for power generation @ Idukki.

We are generous enough to give water for free which your people doesnt deserve anyway de to the location of the dam, river etc.

You got the water because at that time the colonialists were calling the shot and the later cief ministers were generous to let TN take away water .
e
But this time around its a matter of life .
Nehru, A$$ hole should be punished for dividing the nation into states based on Language, thats the reason that you are saying that the water belongs to Karliestes and you have to power to drain it in the sea but not use it for agri purpose in TN. And this is the same reason that food from TN to Karela is disrupted when this issue flares up.

Kindly read my entire post brother, had i said no to a new dam, let the governments decide with Suprem Court and Center as nutral witness. Look at my sentence that I am not against a new Dam. But your Government should settle for a construction agreement that both TN and Karela build it and the same water agreement be upheld.
Else let the TN government build it with your work force and let your workforce do the entire decommisioning of the old dam, then you'll know how tough it is to destroy a gravity dam.

Thank you for your support for the new dam. I heard in the news today many in TN is also sympathetic to the cause, but they are afraid of eachother. If Jayalalitha allows, karuna will take advantage and vice versa and if both agrees wackos like Vaiko will take advantage. The only solution is the construction of the new dam. We don't a want a drop of that water (even our CM had said so), but Rs10 lakh/year royalty is not going to work. Personally I have no problem in handing over the control of the new dam to TN if they put in the money needed to build the new dam. All we need is the safety of our people downstream.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

That was before during the colonial times. Now we have many dams downstream that can be used to harness the power of this water.

Thank you for your support for the new dam. I heard in the news today many in TN is also sympathetic to the cause, but they are afraid of eachother. If Jayalalitha allows, karuna will take advantage and vice versa and if both agrees wackos like Vaiko will take advantage. The only solution is the construction of the new dam. We don't a want a drop of that water (even our CM had said so), but Rs10 lakh/year royalty is not going to work. Personally I have no problem in handing over the control of the new dam to TN if they put in the money needed to build the new dam. All we need is the safety of our people downstream.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

That was before during the colonial times. Now we have many dams downstream that can be used to harness the power of this water.
I am highlighting that word, just to know if you ment Tamil people to be included in the "our" or you are mentioning Karlites as our.
if the earlier is the meaning of the word, I am honored to call you and the rest of the Karlites as my borthers and sisters.

I am highlighting that word, just to know if you ment Tamil people to be included in the "our" or you are mentioning Karlites as our.
if the earlier is the meaning of the word, I am honored to call you and the rest of the Karlites as my borthers and sisters.

Yes it includes everyone from the 30,000 Tamils to the few hundred Gujuratis & Bengalis in Cochin

Yes it includes everyone from the 30,000 Tamils to the few hundred Gujuratis & Bengalis in Cochin
Let me reiterate the question again,
I am asking if you called all the Tamils, Panjabis, Indians, as ours or you just called people who are living in Karela as ours.
if the farmer is true, I am happy to be born in a nation of unity despite the differences.

Let me reiterate the question again,
I am asking if you called all the Tamils, Panjabis, Indians, as ours or you just called people who are living in Karela as ours.
if the farmer is true, I am happy to be born in a nation of unity despite the differences.

Dude I am a patriot and I don't have to prove it to you, but my patriotism is not above the lives of 3.5 million of my fellow Keralites ( and it includes everyone living in Kerala) and Yeah I am selfish on that respect.

Tomorrow Hadthal in 4 Districts of Kerala asking decommission of old Mullaperiyar Dam risking lives of Central Kerala. I am surprised by the Students lining up as a Human Chain protesting against Mullaperiyar Dam and the Risk Kerala is facing.. These Students, Who are giving out pamphlets read: "Safety for Kerala,Water for Tamilnadu"..means We are not against giving water to tamilnadu unlike tn's disputed water treaties with karnatak.

Tolerant Society, very much aware of the risks and not emotional, but practical..the people there in Kerala. I am sure, Riots and corresponding Shenanigan would have started if it is another state except Kerala. Seriously!

Lower the Mullaperiyar Dam water level to less than 120feets Immediately. Safety First.

To all mallus,:argh:
Don't you all know one thing..:disagree: if the dam burst, their kollywood superstars will prevent the water flow with their bare hand and drink it. Thats what their engineers says..:woot: What do you think of them. They are super beings, next to GOD, is capable of doing anything. There is no question about it.. Haven't you all mallus seen them doing supernatural things with their 'super' body in their cinemas...So dont panic... “Naan oru dhadavai sonna nooru dhadavai sonna madhiri.” (“If i say it once,I’ve said it a hundred times.”) Just remember it....Keep your mouth shut... ok..:blah: Mind it...:hitwall:
rajini_baasha_m.jpg

Bhairava, this is unbecoming of you. So far in the past 17 pages, even though I disagreed with your stand, I admired you for presenting TN's case unemotionally and respectfully (most of the time). You did not resort to name calling or regionalistic sentiments or language chauvinism, despite some Keralites here going a step too far on occasions (like a comment earlier that keralites are more computer savvy, or the ridiculous comparison to Nazis). But now you have stooped to the level of trying to make it a religious issue, when it is not. Having followed all your posts so far, I will be charitable to you, and believe that you did this in the heat of the moment, out of frustration that can often come about when debating sensitive issues like this. I hope you will apologise for posting a link like that and tell us that you did not really mean it - I am willing to believe that about you.

If you know anything abut Kerala, you would know that this is the last state in the country that you would expect religious differences to have a bearing on debates about critical issues like this. Please do not post conspiracy theories like this one, and try to fan a religious divide - we know too well what that can do, being Indians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom