What's new

Kerala, Tamil Nadu face off over Mullaperiyar dam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look it doesn't take me less than a minute to indulge in the same name-calling or even worse to shut you up for good. But I respect the dignity and am restraining from it.

The views are those of a Malayali and NOT a Tamizhan and I'm only putting his views here. If you have a problem take it up with him, not me.

Here read that about in "Haindava Keralam" as well. Last time I checked it was not a Tamil Nazi website.

Hindu Online - Daily Blogs, Posts, News, Views Compilation by a Common Hindu (

even HVK changed their stand

http://www.haindavakeralam.com/HKPage.aspx?PageID=15044&SKIN=B

The link shows exactly what I have been saying all along.

That this issue has been politicised and fear mongering is being done by the political parties to consolidate thier vote base.

Sample this,

Many think that Kerala Congress (B), third largest party in the Congress-led ruling UDF, is using the dam scare to broaden its base in the mountainous eastern Kerala region. “They are in the forefront of the stir now and that is driving the other major parties crazy. The others can’t allow the Kerala Congress (B) to hijack the issue,” Babu opined.

Now look at what sane minded people think of the inflammatory statements from your politicians :

“We need a solution but it is unlikely to come if you go through the court because the lease agreement valid for 999 years is such a powerful legal weapon for Tamil Nadu. At the same time, leaders like (Water Resources Minister) PJ Joseph should take care not to make inflammatory statements against Tamil Nadu,” says Ravi.

“Joseph’s tone reflects a feeling that Tamilians are rejecting the proposal for a new dam with the deliberate intention of pushing lakhs of Keralites into misery,” says Nishad, a newspaper employee from Kattappana. “Men like Joseph should act responsibly. They are the people who should be appealing for restraint when agitations get out of hand,” Nishad said.

And yeah they know your fear mongering arguments will not stand in a court of law:

“We need a solution but it is unlikely to come if you go through the court because the lease agreement valid for 999 years is such a powerful legal weapon for Tamil Nadu. At the same time, leaders like (Water Resources Minister) PJ Joseph should take care not to make inflammatory statements against Tamil Nadu,” says Ravi.

And this is the political chaos that is reigning in Kerala:

However, the dam issue has proved that Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has lost all control over his Cabinet colleagues, says senior journalist Rajeev Nair. “(Finance Minister) KM Mani and PJ Joseph are making inflammatory statements against Tamil Nadu even when Chandy is asking people to be calm. The point is that he can’t control his colleagues,” he said.

Now go ahead , label Haindva Keralam as a Nazi Tamizh mouth piece.

The link shows exactly what I have been saying all along.

That this issue has been politicised and fear mongering is being done by the political parties to consolidate thier vote base.

Sample this,

Now look at what sane minded people think of the inflammatory statements from your politicians :

And yeah they know your fear mongering arguments will not stand in a court of law:

And this is the political chaos that is reigning in Kerala:

Now go ahead , label Haindva Keralam as a Nazi Tamizh mouth piece.

why dont u build a house with limestone and stay there inside maybe 10 years in tremor areas like idukki and check if u can sleep peacefully instead?

Many think that Kerala Congress (B), third largest party in the Congress-led ruling UDF, is using the dam scare to broaden its base in the mountainous eastern Kerala region. “They are in the forefront of the stir now and that is driving the other major parties crazy. The others can’t allow the Kerala Congress (B) to hijack the issue,” Babu opined.
lol KC (B) got only one MLA (K.B. Ganesh kumar) ,and author claims them as third largest party in UDF ,great political knowledge

why dont u build a house with limestone and stay there inside maybe 10 years in tremor areas like idukki and check if u can sleep peacefully instead?

Needless rhetoric.

Even people on the ground in Kerala are more sane than you people here.

I have given all Keralite sources for your people to pour over. Why should I believe you over them ?

This whole exercise is highly politicised gimmick aimed at improving the voter base by whipping up mass hysteria and making us 'Nazi' Tamils the boogeyman who are out to get you.. And this since one party is doing it others don't want to be left behind and they are also getting jumpy.

Instead of asking me all questions, why dont you people debunk the points present in the article, a Keralite article at that ?

Needless rhetoric.

Even people on the ground in Kerala are more sane than you people here.

I have given all Keralite sources for your people to pour over. Why should I believe you over them ?

This whole exercise is highly politicised gimmick aimed at improving the voter base. And this since one party is doing it others don't want to be left behind and they are also getting jumpy.

Instead of asking me all questions, why dont you people debunk the points present in the article, a Keralite article at that ?

Since you have given the link, everything will be alright and the dam will stay for another 800 years.

Enough said.

Is nt it funny to comment when the issue doesnt affect you and u found an article out of thousands to self satisfy you.

Every party is over it and its not a voter base gimmick and thankfully every keralite knows that .

Its just a few loonies who knows nothing about thee geography and real issues commenting on it.

Arent u the same one who commented there is no population in between idukki and the old dam.

I suggest you go to sabarimala this season. The same vandiperiyaar enroute to the temple lies between the said sites and lakhs of ppl in other small towns.

That statement alone is reqd to conclude the knowledge u have on this issue.

Since you have given the link, everything will be alright and the dam will stay for another 800 years.

Enough said.

Is nt it funny to comment when the issue doesnt affect you and u found an article out of thousands to self satisfy you.

Every party is over it and its not a voter base gimmick and thankfully every keralite knows that .

Its just a few loonies who knows nothing about thee geography and real issues commenting on it.

Arent u the same one who commented there is no population in between idukki and the old dam.

I suggest you go to sabarimala this season. The same vandiperiyaar enroute to the temple lies between the said sites and lakhs of habitat.

That statement alone is reqd to conclude the knowledge u have on this issue.

Again why shoot the messenger when you can't shoot the message ?

Why should I take your view above those of 'Ravi' or 'Nishad' or 'Babu' ?

Incidentally 'Babu' is from Kattappana which is located in close proximity to Idukki dam. If he is not concerned and he himself is calm and sees all the sensationalism as unnecessary why are you getting excited ?

These are the exact words from Nishad and I respect that man.He is more like the Mallus I know..not like you people badmouthing others.

“Joseph’s tone reflects a feeling that Tamilians are rejecting the proposal for a new dam with the deliberate intention of pushing lakhs of Keralites into misery,” says Nishad, a newspaper employee from Kattappana. “Men like Joseph should act responsibly. They are the people who should be appealing for restraint when agitations get out of hand,” Nishad said.“

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

@ Marxist,

Bro you should read the link before posting..not editing it after finding it is not supporting your cause :D

Again why shoot the messenger when you cant shoot the message ?

Why should I take your view above those of 'Ravi' or 'Nishad' or 'Babu' ?

Incidentally 'Babu' is from Kattappana which is located in close proximity to Idukki dam. If he is not concerned and he himself is calm and sees all the sensationalism as unnecessary why are you getting excited ?

Ravi Nishad and babu must be on the verge of nervous breakdown if they exists if they happen to believe what u are saying.

A 50 year old life guarenteed dam which lived for 116 years in a tremor affected area is more than enough for a person who has some BRAIN left to understand its a grave danger. Not to talk on cracks and the water spillage going right now as we speak.

Idukki dam needs 18ft water to overflow.

And yes i forgot water once breached will flow peacefully to idukki and stay calm there.....

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

lol KC (B) got only one MLA (K.B. Ganesh kumar) ,and author claims them as third largest party in UDF ,great political knowledge

Did the article said it.. i didnt notice it.

It seems our friend here believes everything thats written it no matter what.

Reminds me of some other kind we see here in this forum on daily basis.

@ Marxist,

Bro you should read the link before posting..not editing it after finding it is not supporting your cause

i read two articles and posted the wrong one ,if u want u can post it ...why should i post a pro dam article (written by some guy who dont know difference between Kerala congress mani and Kerala congress Balakrishna pillai)

Ravi Nishad and babu must be on the verge of nervous breakdown if they exists if they happen to believe what u are saying.

A 50 year old life guarenteed dam which lived for 116 years in a tremor affected area is more than enough for a person who has some BRAIN left to understand its a grave danger. Not to talk on cracks and the water spillage going right now as we speak.

And yes i forgot water once breached will flow peacefully to idukki and stay calm there.....

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Did the article said it.. i didnt notice it.

It seems our friend here believes everything thats written it no matter what.

Reminds me of some other kind we see here in this forum on daily basis.

Inhabitants of the downstream areas of the Mullaperiyar reservoir in Kerala’s Idukki district are living in perpetual fear of a possible burst in the 116-year-old in a medium-intensity tremor any time but they are beginning to suspect that many of the politicians who push them into agitation are perhaps doing it not for the genuine cause but to promote own interests.

Even while participating in the agitations demanding immediate decommissioning of the dam that has obvious signs of frailty, many are worried that the battle cries against Tamil Nadu that they are forced to share with the politicians on the streets could generate displeasure among the Tamil people with whom they have so far coexisted peacefully.

“We have been living in this fear for the past several years but not many politicians have listened to us carefully. Our agitation here in this Pandal (at Chappath) has crossed 1,800 days but it had failed to receive such huge attention all these months. Why is it?” asks Babu Thomas from Upputhara, some 30 km away from the dam site.

Babu refuses to agree that the tremors that had occurred in the past two weeks are the reason why politicians are suddenly alarmed. “Tremors have been occurring in this area all this while. It is not the first time cracks have appeared in the dam, possibly due to the tremors. These politicians are perhaps trying to create a new vote-bank, a vote-bank of the dam-affected,” he said.

People like Ravi S, an outdoor advertisement businessman from Thodupuzha, the main town of Idukki district, are of the opinion that an intense people’s movement is necessary to ensure the safety of the inhabitants in the area but it should not lead to the destruction of the warm relationship between the two states.

“Joseph’s tone reflects a feeling that Tamilians are rejecting the proposal for a new dam with the deliberate intention of pushing lakhs of Keralites into misery,” says Nishad, a newspaper employee from Kattappana. “Men like Joseph should act responsibly. They are the people who should be appealing for restraint when agitations get out of hand,” Nishad said.

According to Ravi, the active involvement of the Kerala Congress (B), which can project itself as a Kerala regional party, has put the other parties like Congress and CPI(M) in a position where they are forced to speak vehemently against Tamil Nadu even when fellow-workers in their own Tamil Nadu units are adopting an anti-Kerala position on the same issue.

However, the dam issue has proved that Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has lost all control over his Cabinet colleagues, says senior journalist Rajeev Nair. “(Finance Minister) KM Mani and PJ Joseph are making inflammatory statements against Tamil Nadu even when Chandy is asking people to be calm. The point is that he can’t control his colleagues,” he said.

Haindava Keralam - global community of dedicated Hindu Keralites with a peace mission

tamil nadu paid journalism at its best...check the bold part

I believe the people who stand to directly affected than internet personalities who are more concerned about winning the argument and spraying expletives on others.

Same old sensationalism with no scientific proof.

They teach Structural and Civil Engineering not only in CUSAT but also in Anna University and IIT,Madras.

And we too know whether the dam will stand or not.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

i read two articles and posted the wrong one ,if u want u can post it ...why should i post a pro dam article (written by some guy who dont know difference between Kerala congress mani and Kerala congress Balakrishna pillai)

Because it was obvious you did not read it. :D

You trusted Uncle Google who betrayed you.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

tamil nadu paid journalism at its best...check the bold part

Tamil Nadu paid article ? :rofl:

You people are getting to sound real desperate once your bubble is busted.

I believe the people who stand to directly affected than internet personalities who are more concerned about winning the argu

They teach Structural and Civil Engineering not only in CUSAT but also in Anna University and IIT,Madras.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Because it was obvious you did not read it. :D

You trusted Uncle Google who betrayed you.

HVK one of my favorite site , :tongue: ..

regular visitor to that site :tongue: ..

Me too.

I'm not saying this for the Mullai Periyar issue. But there is a remote possibility it might be true.

We even had reports of foreign funded Churches indulging in the anti-Kudankulam protests.

Anyway I still hope this issue can be sorted out to the mutual benefit of both states. Fighting between us is only a loss-loss scenario.

I believe the people who stand to directly affected than internet personalities who are more concerned about winning the argument and spraying expletives on others.

As always it was obvious you stand by the 1 negative article amidst the thousand other ones.

Sensationalism , yes its sensationalism.. its needed when lives are at danger.

Already what govt did was opening up control room centres and quick reaction team.

We have had talks on structural analysis . It was proved beyond doubt that its weak and the cracks and spillage are visual proofs.

Also the basement of the baby dam has started leaking heavily.

Ok i believe u deny that too.. cause u have read some old article somewhere.

Yes we all know dam will stand for ever .. we are all nostradramuses. Atleast few in TN are.

As always it was obvious you stand by the 1 negative article amidst the thousand other ones.

Sensationalism , yes its sensationalism.. its needed when lives are at danger.

Already what govt did was opening up control room centres and quick reaction team.

We have had talks on structural analysis . It was proved beyond doubt that its weak and the cracks and spillage are visual proofs.

Also the basement of the baby dam has started leaking heavily.

Ok i believe u deny that too.. cause u have read some old article somewhere.

It was only after a thorough structural analysis of the dam that the SC ordered the height can be raised to 142 ft.

So please save us your 'structural' studies. You can accuse the TN engineers of being Fascist and dumb, but not when the SC itself has said it is structurally strong.

Yes we all know dam will stand for ever .. we are all nostradramuses. Atleast few in TN are.

You forgot about the Kerala Nostradamuses..or is it Panikkars..that the dam will break and 45 lakhs will die. Cheap sensationalism @ the cost of facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom