What's new

Kerala Corner

Lol..... It is true that we check our post these days..............
Really? :devil:
Do you guys doubt that I occasionally come here with my drone to spy what you guys write?? :lol:

Most of the time you guys talk politics ....which is not my fav subject. Pinne chillorude malayalam bouncer aavum.Thats why i come here ocassionally . Satyam!! :-)

Athinde okke kure munpu ayirunnu....
Ohhhooo
Appol religion aayirinno prashnam??

Really? :devil:
Do you guys doubt that I occasionally come here with my drone to spy what you guys write?? :lol:

Most of the time you guys talk politics ....which is not my fav subject. Pinne chillorude malayalam bouncer aavum.Thats why i come here ocassionally . Satyam!! :-)

Hehehehe Not really...... At times there will be this "guys talk".... Which now also we do covertly.......:P

Ohhhooo
Appol religion aayirinno prashnam??

Athonnum enikku pande prasnam alla..... Endo thalparyam undayirunnilla

Hehehehe Not really...... At times there will be this "guys talk".... Which now also we do covertly.......:P
Uvvoo???
Gaawd!! Then I must visit this place more often :devil:

nair said:
Athonnum enikku pande prasnam alla..... Endo thalparyam undayirunnilla
kurchum kude detailil onnu parayamo?

Last edited:
wonder.jpg

@levina Ippol levinaiku manasilayo pala european liberalsum right wingersum ethara mathakare ishtamllathathu? Ithanu complaint avarku. Immigrate cheytha rajyathinodu integrate cheyila. Pinne thudangum chilavar vargiya vatham.

Love your avatar :-)
thanks!

"No religion" ennu aayirinnu adiyam idan toniyadu but then ppl wld have misinterpreted it as "Levina doesnt respect religion" so I put this one. Lol
where is @nair he had to tell us his story... vidamatte nair...vidamatte.:disagree:Lolzz

R.I.P Kuttan, One of the most well known Malayalee's of Ceylon, The symbol of the Galle Face Hotel

The iconic doorman at the Galle Face Hotel who made history for being one of the oldest hotel employees in the world. 72 years!! Passed away peacefully in the early hours of 18th November 2014. He was 94, May his soul rest in peace!

Kuttan-2[1].jpg

The iconic doorman at the Galle Face hotel, Kottarappu Chathu Kuttan, who made history for being one of the oldest hotel employees in the world, passed away peacefully in the early hours of today 18th November 2014.

The hotel observed a minute’s silence in his honour for a personality that many people from around the world will not forget. His career as a restaurant waiter and then as the hotel’s prestigious usher, Kuttan became an integral part of the hotel. He recognized almost all faces of frequent visitors and was a hit amongst the many Guests of the Hotel. His welcoming broad smile and hands raised to say “Ayubowan” (may you live longer), was always a symbolic sight at Galle Face Hotel.

Kuttan celebrated his ninety fourth birthday on February 15 2014, and was eager to share the celebrations of 150 years of Galle Face Hotel with Mr Sanjeev Gardiner, Chairman of the Galle Face Hotel Group. Since he served the hotel for over seventy years, he was an essential part of the Galle Face Hotel’s culture and value system.

“I was helped to get this job by a Police Constable and started on the 13th May 1942” And since then stands undoubtedly as the oldest serving team member in the hospitality world.

Kottarappu Chathu Kuttan ran away from his home in Kerala, India when his parents died, and has been domiciled in Sri Lanka ever since. He hadn’t gone back to India for a while until the Chairman of the Galle Face Hotel Group offered him a trip to Kerala.

Kuttan lived to see the many changes in the hotel and in the country. He joined during the latter part of the British rule in Sri Lanka “The hotel was exclusively for foreigners, the only locals who visited were Sir John Kotalawela, Sir Francis Molamure, and the present owner’s great grandfather,” said Kuttan at his recent interview with Sunday Island.

Kuttan, when recalling his memories as a waiter, said he had served dignitaries such as Lord Mountbatten, Princess Elizabeth, Pandit Jawarharlal Nehru, Gandhi and Arthur C. Clarke

Iconic Galle Face hotel doorman dies | Colombo Gazette

Last edited:
R.I.P Kuttan, One of the most well known Malayalee's of Ceylon, The symbol of the Galle Face Hotel

The iconic doorman at the Galle Face Hotel who made history for being one of the oldest hotel employees in the world. 72 years!! Passed away peacefully in the early hours of 18th November 2014. He was 94, May his soul rest in peace!

View attachment 153681

The iconic doorman at the Galle Face hotel, Kottarappu Chathu Kuttan, who made history for being one of the oldest hotel employees in the world, passed away peacefully in the early hours of today 18th November 2014.

The hotel observed a minute’s silence in his honour for a personality that many people from around the world will not forget. His career as a restaurant waiter and then as the hotel’s prestigious usher, Kuttan became an integral part of the hotel. He recognized almost all faces of frequent visitors and was a hit amongst the many Guests of the Hotel. His welcoming broad smile and hands raised to say “Ayubowan” (may you live longer), was always a symbolic sight at Galle Face Hotel.

Kuttan celebrated his ninety fourth birthday on February 15 2014, and was eager to share the celebrations of 150 years of Galle Face Hotel with Mr Sanjeev Gardiner, Chairman of the Galle Face Hotel Group. Since he served the hotel for over seventy years, he was an essential part of the Galle Face Hotel’s culture and value system.

“I was helped to get this job by a Police Constable and started on the 13th May 1942” And since then stands undoubtedly as the oldest serving team member in the hospitality world.

Kottarappu Chathu Kuttan ran away from his home in Kerala, India when his parents died, and has been domiciled in Sri Lanka ever since. He hadn’t gone back to India for a while until the Chairman of the Galle Face Hotel Group offered him a trip to Kerala.

Kuttan lived to see the many changes in the hotel and in the country. He joined during the latter part of the British rule in Sri Lanka “The hotel was exclusively for foreigners, the only locals who visited were Sir John Kotalawela, Sir Francis Molamure, and the present owner’s great grandfather,” said Kuttan at his recent interview with Sunday Island.

Kuttan, when recalling his memories as a waiter, said he had served dignitaries such as Lord Mountbatten, Princess Elizabeth, Pandit Jawarharlal Nehru, Gandhi and Arthur C. Clarke

Iconic Galle Face hotel doorman dies | Colombo Gazette

@Gibbs I was going to mention you here to tell you about this guy's story :-) It's wonderful you brought this up :D

@nair @seiko @levina Did you hear about the Rampal Ashram siege news yet?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom