What's new

Kashmiris concerned by plans for Hindu satellite cities

Almost open borders with Bangladesh has resulted in 100 million Bangladeshis settling in India.

We can see the peace in North-East!
You have stated the problem...Now please be constructive and also state what you think will be the best solution, without closing the border....Hint..Trade, peace, etc.

I am talking about after 1947 not after 1849.
post 1947, there has been minimal settlement (except for displaced pandits and sikhs), IMO Indian govt and kashmir govt forbids migration to kashmir

Please.

no need to start confrontation.

Sikhs were forced out of their ancestral homes and villages in Punjab and Kashmir during the dark years of 1940s.

So were the Muslims.

Let's all agree that we should work for conditions when people can freely go live near their ancestor's places (if they choose to do so).

Peace

That is irrelevant to them choosing to settle in Kashmir and then saying Pakistan is changing demographics. It is well documented that the influx of Punjabi Hindus and Sikhs in Jammu led to reprisal on Jammu Muslims which eventually led to invasion of tribesmen. The rest is history, now one must ask whether there is any proof that India removed those refugees from their side of Kashmir?

post 1947, there has been minimal settlement (except for displaced pandits and sikhs), IMO Indian govt and kashmir govt forbids migration to kashmir

What about Punjabi Hindus and Sikhs that settled in Kashmir during partition, did they ever leave yes or no?

Sikh empire ceased existence when british took over(1849) also the fact the Punjab is just a state down, there were many settlers in kashmir

Well said.

Many Indian and Pakistani posters do not realize that before 1952, Kashmir's land routes were MAINLY through modern day Pakistani controlled areas of Kashmir and Punjab.

Whereas Kashmir was never linked to modern day India 12 months a year prior to 1952.

Thus the culture and religion of Kashmir and Punjab was interlinked 100%.

As a result there was strong presence of both Sikh and Muslims in Kashmir and Pakistani Punjab with family ties.

Hope this explains.

That is irrelevant to them choosing to settle in Kashmir and then saying Pakistan is changing demographics. It is well documented that the influx of Punjabi Hindus and Sikhs in Jammu led to reprisal on Jammu Muslims which eventually led to invasion of tribesmen. The rest is history, now one must ask whether there is any proof that India removed those refugees from their side of Kashmir?

firstly m8 get this in your head, most muslim populations are forced converts under the mughals, before islam entered India, Pandits were living there for centuries, you argument doesnt even stand the test of times

When sikhism spread, people convert, kashmir and ladakh has many sikh heritage sites

What about Punjabi Hindus and Sikhs that settled in Kashmir during partition, did they ever leave yes or no?
during the partitions, mass migration moved towards Punjab, delhi and southern India .. very very less in Kashmir, Infact those who moved into kashmir had their ancestral villages there, hence they moved back

Actually the issue of "ethnic cleansing" happened on both sides in J&K. Hindus and Sikhs were uprooted and so were Muslims.

And the trigger for 1947-48 Kashmir war was the Poonch uprising and not Jummo.

Peace

firstly m8 get this in your head, most muslim populations are forced converts under the mughals, before islam entered India, Pandits were living there for centuries, you argument doesnt even stand the test of times

When sikhism spread, people convert, kashmir and ladakh has many sikh heritage sites

See now you are bringing up false narrative which has nothing to do with my question. Secondly is Kashmiris converted to Sikhism which I am aware a few did then they are called Kashmiri Sikh not Punjabi Sikh. :lol:

Actually the issue of "ethnic cleansing" happened on both sides in J&K. Hindus and Sikhs were uprooted and so were Muslims.

And the trigger for 1947-48 Kashmir war was the Poonch uprising and not Jummo.

Peace

My mistake they settled in Poonch not Jammu, but my question is did they leave? :pop:

Well said.

Many Indian and Pakistani posters do not realize that before 1952, Kashmir's land routes were MAINLY through modern day Pakistani controlled areas of Kashmir and Punjab.

Whereas Kashmir was never linked to modern day India 12 months a year prior to 1952.

Thus the culture and religion of Kashmir and Punjab was interlinked 100%.

As a result there was strong presence of both Sikh and Muslims in Kashmir and Pakistani Punjab with family ties.

Hope this explains.
Infact even today, the only route to kashmir is from punjab and ladakh from himachal pradesh ( previously part of punjab )

during the partitions, mass migration moved towards Punjab, delhi and southern India .. very very less in Kashmir, Infact those who moved into kashmir had their ancestral villages there, hence they moved back

That is what I have been asking you from the beginning, you could have just said this before going on your Mughal empire rant.

This is correct.

firstly m8 get this in your head, most muslim populations are forced converts under the mughals, before islam entered India, Pandits were living there for centuries, you argument doesnt even stand the test of times...k

This is not correct. Islam in Punjab and Kashmir predates Moghals.

See now you are bringing up false narrative which has nothing to do with my question. Secondly is Kashmiris converted to Sikhism which I am aware a few did then they are called Kashmiri Sikh not Punjabi Sikh. :lol:
sir kashmiri pandits or Brahmans are settlers from 3rd century BCE era, again, punjab and kashmir has been historically mixed with large flow of population exchange .. centuries of marriages between punjabi sikh and kashmiri sikhs have taken place, hence it is very difficult to point of where one originates from

My mistake they settled in Poonch not Jammu, but my question is did they leave? :pop:
I don't have any knowledge about that, but most have actually moved out for search of job/business with their homes in kashmir intact

Infact even today, the only route to kashmir is from punjab and ladakh from himachal pradesh ( previously part of punjab )

East Punjab (Himachal route) was not used to access Sri Nagar. That is prehaps true for Jammu or the areas further North and East.

Most of the traffic in and out of Sri Nagar Kashmir was through Manshira, Abbotabad, Pindi, Lahore route.

That is what I have been asking you from the beginning, you could have just said this before going on your Mughal empire rant.
Mughal empire rant is history of Islam coming into India, basically your faith coming into south asia

This is not correct. Islam in Punjab and Kashmir predates Moghals.

as a religion yes, but it spread rapidly under mughal rule

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom