What's new

Kashmiris concerned by plans for Hindu satellite cities

1)

If not then, India must play a bigger role and request the UN to revoke the UN resolution or set a time line.

Parliament rejected the UN resolution when it declared J&K as an integral part of India. UN has got no say in internal issues of India, India will not allow any such interference. Indian members must stop talking about the UN resolution because it goes against the stand of our country.

It's true the Indian army did push back the force to the present LOC, but to take anything beyond that was not possible, that's where the supply lines were stretched, the fighting had been stabilised and so on. But anyway it just detracts from the present thread.
Thats exactly the point. India had much much more men and material to throw at the fighting and all we had to do was keep fighting. Nehru, however as good as he was in so many other things, was ridiculously and ideologically against anything that gave Indian Army any sort of prominence, so the second he saw an opportunity to end Army's role and UN mediation, he jumped on to it.

It fed into two of his characteristics:
1. His dislike of Army.
2. His need to show that India was non violent and that he was the sole moral leader of the Developing World who sets aside his own interest for world peace and good.

Had he been more like Patel, he would have used every means available to get what he wanted.

That said, India is largely an larger version of Nehru personified. Nehru's positive attributes have becomes India's positive attributes, his negative attributes have become our failings.

- His emphasis on democracy has led India to be one of the sole countries in the world to be a proper and true democracy.
- His emphasis on education and industry has led India to become a reputed power in these areas.

- His penchant for moral sermonizing has led to India becoming a country constantly giving moral sermons to the rest of the
world(regardless of our standing and acceptability) and a wrongly placed moral superiority complex of most Indians.
- His complete lack of strategic geopolitics and military focus has led to India always punching below its weight in military and strategic affairs, Developing an anemic military, always shying away from full use of military, trying to shy away from confrontations.

I am happy to report however that after 65 years, we are slowly but finally changing from a Nehruvian India. Our emphasis and priorities have also started changing.

Last edited:
No body is against decision of Parliament, but you should talk about ways, how you can use this same UN resolution, if it is possible to use against Pakistan in Kashmir, to get back the PÖK.

India is not even ready for third party mediation, forget about the UN. India will never take Kashmir issue to any international platform including the UN, don't you know the official policy? Kashmir is an internal issue of India and please stick to the official stand of India if you are loyal to the flag. You are not in a position to resolve this issue through forum discussions, let the officials do their jobs. Our job on the international forums is to carry out "pro-India propaganda".

India is not even ready for third party mediation, forget about the UN. India will never take Kashmir issue to any international platform including the UN, don't you know the official policy? Kashmir is an internal issue of India and please stick to the official stand of India if you are loyal to the flag. You are not in a position to resolve this issue through forum discussions, let the officials do their jobs. Our job on the international forums is to carry out "pro-India propaganda".

I know that policy very well, but please do not forget that China has parts of Kashmir too, and if they do any misadventure in the UN regarding kashmir, you need to formulate the policies. You can either remain silent, either talk to them or the last option is military.

I know that policy very well, but please do not forget that China has parts of Kashmir too, and if they do any misadventure in the UN regarding kashmir, you need to formulate the policies. You can either remain silent, either talk to them or the last option is military.

Those are the only three options India will ever exercise. No third party will ever be allowed to get directly involved into an issue which involves external aggression into our territory. We will engage the aggressor directly through dialog or through war. UN resolution on Kashmir is invalid because the whole J&K is our territory, our sovereignty has been asserted by the Parliament of India which is the supreme institution.

If there is sovereignty then we still do not administer the PÖK and Aksai Chin. It is fine what we claim as our territory, but it is useless if do not administer it. The offensive policy both on paper and on fields are weak.

Doesn't matter, when on an International Forum please stick to the official policy of the GOI. Debates can be carried out domestically.

Doesn't matter, when on an International Forum please stick to the official policy of the GOI. Debates can be carried out domestically.

I was not interested in UN resolution relating India, but I was interested to know if Pakistan has anything like article 370, because they are the one who bring up Kashmir.

1) I have been asking the Pakistani members to please furnish the article which is in their constitution(Ayieen e Pakistan) so that we also know how far it prohibits the people and what are the conditions. You may quote the article as well.

2) Most probably to my understanding, the paper work on article 370 is to show that Kashmir is an autonomous body and non Kashmiris will not get any land there. If there was no UN resolution, which means no dispute, then this article was not at all needed.

I have in fact cited the origins; it was part of the Ranbir Code, and wherever it is not superseded, it remains the law of the land. As you know, not everything in the CrPC and the IPC is covered by the Indian Constitution; much of these two flow from earlier legislation by the British. Until specifically repealed or replaced, that law remains law. Such is the case in Pakistan. They, too, have inherited laws from earlier British legislation. Ironically, the law against attacks on religion is identical on both sides of the border, except that Pakistan has, very unwisely, made certain additions (during the military dictatorship eras, I think) which has made life very, very difficult for all minority religions in that country. But both are the same, both even bear the same numbers (Sec. 295) and both show us where the origin of the restriction of the right to own property was. It was not in British legislation, it was not in Indian legislation, it was not in post-independence Kashmiri legislation, it was in pre-independence Kashmiri legislation.

1) I am not justifying the article 370.

2) Because India has been abiding the first condition of plebiscite through Article 370(no domicile to non Kashmiris), in Kashmir, how far has Pakistan abide AtLeast this condition 'Officially'.

If not then, India must play a bigger role and request the UN to revoke the UN resolution or set a time line.

Please read up on the subject.

After the initial resolution, which was fair and even-handed, the UN succumbed to Pakistani propaganda, and subsequent resolutions and actions are highly injurious to India's case.

Our case is simply that since the Simla Pact between Indira Gandhi and Z. A. Bhutto, the Kashmir dispute is a bilateral one. Period. We do not recognise the jurisdiction of the UN over the Kashmir issue any longer.

There is no question, therefore, of asking the UN anything.

Parliament rejected the UN resolution when it declared J&K as an integral part of India. UN has got no say in internal issues of India, India will not allow any such interference. Indian members must stop talking about the UN resolution because it goes against the stand of our country.

You are right, for the wrong reasons.

No body is against decision of Parliament, but you should talk about ways, how you can use this same UN resolution, if it is possible to use against Pakistan in Kashmir, to get back the PÖK.

We have, by treaty with Pakistan, rejected the jurisdiction of the UN over Kashmir issues.

I was not interested in UN resolution relating India, but I was interested to know if Pakistan has anything like article 370, because they are the one who bring up Kashmir.

On the contrary.

Pakistan has swallowed up Gilgit-Baltistan, and now calls it the Northern Territory.

This is the exact opposite of Indian policy.

Some people say that the Indian right wing religious elements, the Hindutvavadis, are nothing but a semiticised form of Hinduism. I am sorry that politically and diplomatically, there are some people who want Indian policy to be a mirror image of Pakistani policy.

Last edited:
@ni8mare

I am passing through Guwahati tomorrow or day after! Hope you have not been affected by the flash flood.

A Question Of Women | Prem Shankar Jha

Just to put things into context, although there is no excuse for the barbaric ill-treatment of the pitiful minority of Kashmiri Pandits that led to their exodus:

The Kashmiri Pandits had stably constituted approximately 14 to 15 per cent of the population of the valley during Dogra rule (1846–1947). 20 per cent of them had left the Kashmir valley as a consequence of the 1948 Muslim riots and 1950 land reforms, By 1981 the Pandit population amounted to 5 per cent of the total. They began to leave in much greater numbers in the 1990s. According to a number of authors, approximately 100,000 of the total Kashmiri Pandit population of 140,000 left the valley during that decade. Other authors have suggested a higher figure for the exodus, ranging from the entire population of over 150,000, to 190,000 of a total Pandit population of 200,000, to a number as high as 350,000.

So 71 sect should get ready to be destroyed. I hope that you do not belong to that 71 sect since You are my friend.

Yes all 71 sects will be destroyed including all non Muslims, only true Muslims will prevail that will happen in future, although before Qayamat / Armageddon all Muslims will die and what all remains will be evil.

For Muslims to be on right path they have to follow sunna and Quran of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W.W and his education, if rightly followed one can not be on wrong path.

So what can you expect in war time except artillery shell? And do not say anything baseless against Indian army. We can counter you with lots of credible reference and counter examples of your side.

I m not saying any thing baseless Mister, I was in AJK for 2 month during Kargil war and was living in Military area so I know first hand what has happened in Kargil, and what Kashmirs have faced, my ancestors are also from Kashmir.

India gets to keep minimal force to maintain law and order

not sure is your version of minimum ? no one knows the exact no of Indian troops in occupied JK to maintain "law and order' estimate is somewhere between 500,000 to 1 million, with allegation of gross human rights violation e.g
a) extra judiciary killing
b) disappearance, abduction / torture
c) rape etc

India has deployed about one million troops in the Himalayan region since 1989, when Islamic militant groups began fighting for independence.

the Indian Government has deployed more than half a million soldiers and a quarter of a million paramilitary forces

not sure is your version of minimum ? no one knows the exact no of Indian troops in occupied JK to maintain "law and order' estimate is somewhere between 500,000 to 1 million, with allegation of gross human rights violation e.g
a) extra judiciary killing
b) disappearance, abduction / torture
c) rape etc
After the withdrawal of pakistani forces we get to keep minimum forces kid...and anyone can make estimate

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom