What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Yogi and his ursine colleagues were recruited 2 years ago by CIA Special Ops and trained in the Rockies to sniff out malefactors. Before being HALO dropped into Kashmir they had accounted for 2 Park Rangers,3 picnickers and a couple of unsuspecting a$sbandits. Go Bears!

As a Cal alum I just had to.....:rofl:

The easiest way to kill some innocents and put the blam on a bear.

BTW is the bear going to get highest Indian military award :P

Btw Jana, in case you missed it the first time around ...... the Indian bear was nude (full monty - not "just topless" ..... tut tut) ..... but we have really no idea yet whether it was a Muslim bear or a Hindu one (all that we know is that he was a brave Kashmiri Indian), divine or not, male or female. Either way, he has become a posthomous legend here in India! R.I.P.

Cheers, Doc

P.S. And oh yes Jana, apparently .....

Legend Kashmiri Indian Hindu/Muslim Bear doesn't trust Pakistan

Last edited:
Btw Jana, in case you missed it the first time around ...... the Indian bear was nude (full monty - not "just topless" ..... tut tut) ..... but we have really no idea yet whether it was a Muslim bear or a Hindu one (all that we know is that he was a brave Kashmiri Indian), divine or not, male or female. Either way, he has become a posthomous legend here in India! R.I.P.

Cheers, Doc

was that a joke:what::what::undecided::undecided: poor attempt:sick::sick::sick:

The easiest way to kill some innocents and put the blam on a bear.

BTW is the bear going to get highest Indian military award :P

As per your reporting

"Innocent people with Aks were killed by horrible hindoo indian army when they were innocently crossing the border of India and blamed it on some hindoo bear"

I wonder when are you going to protest against the beers for killing your innocent freedom fighters.

Animal on animal violence ? :rofl:

Savage way for any human to die. But why were these militants sleeping in a cave? First they try to take Rukshana's house and when that fails they move over to Bali's cave. In both instances they are met with sharp objects. Lord Rama used monkeys and bears and other wild animals to defeat Ravana. Is Manmohan Singh using the same military tactic in Kashmir to fight the militants whom India perceives as Ravanas ? :undecided:

"Dushman maray te Khush na hoe'yay, sajna we marjana hai" Bulleh Shah

(Roughly translated: When enemy dies we show no happiness, friends die too")

A famous saying from a great Hindustani for ya'll

Good point. I think "militants" is a more neutral term... right?

How would Pakistanis feel if the TTP fighters, who have killed scores of innocent Pakistanis, are labeled as "militants", "separatists" or better "freedom fighters"?
TTP are Uzbek, afghans and arabs with a handful of tribals. ALL are foreigners and have no passports and have nothing to do with Pakistan's internal affairs.

Whereas the separatist militants are exclusively Kashmiris vast majority and the movement is very indegenious.

and that refutes your entire argument

Anyways, even the Indian media called these two people as "militants" (Hindustan Times) and "infiltrators" (Times of India). So much for "Indian propaganda".
time to take heed from your own source then, i suppose ;)

Cheers, Doc

bwahhhhahahahah he/she should be in orange or a tricolor bear but Not Kashmiri indeed.

On the other hand i am thinking if the pudding the Hizb men cooked was made in Pakistan or Made in India :lol:

As per your reporting

"Innocent people with Aks were killed by horrible hindoo indian army when they were innocently crossing the border of India and blamed it on some hindoo bear"

I wonder when are you going to protest against the beers for killing your innocent freedom fighters.

Fake ‘Encounter Killings’ Epidemic
In Human Rights, Innocent Killings, Kashmir, News, People on 16 February, 2007 at 8:50 pm

Fake killings an ‘epidemic’ and ’standard procedure of the police’

“This epidemic of fake ‘encounter killings’ by the security forces has plagued Kashmir for too long,” said Brad Adams, Asia director at Human Rights Watch. “The police must stop their standard operating procedure of killing people in custody.”

“Too often we find that India’s security forces are deemed ‘above the law’ and are spared criminal prosecution despite committing grave human rights abuses.”

Extrajudicial executions by Indian security forces are common.

courtesy of Human Rights Watch

Revelations confirm what Kashmiris have been alleging all along

“Recent revelations have confirmed what families in Kashmir have been alleging all along,” said Brad Adams, Asia director at Human Rights Watch. “The Indian security forces have ‘disappeared’ countless people in Jammu and Kashmir since 1989 and staged fake encounter killings while fabricating claims that those killed were militants.”

When there are public demonstrations protesting a fake encounter killing, the official response usually is to offer an oral assurance of an inquiry, though these rarely happen. If such inquiries do take place, the findings are seldom made public. If any action is taken against those found responsible, that too is rarely made public.

courtesy of Human Rights Watch
Fake ?Encounter Killings? Epidemic ~ Kashmir ~

SHRC confirms fake encounter

Shopian student was picked up in 2003, killed in staged gunfight
Rashid Paul
Srinagar, Oct 23: State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) Thursday confirmed that five years back troops killed a student from South Kashmir in a fake encounter at Nadigam, Shopian.
Acting on a petition by the father of a slain youth, SHRC’s incumbent caretaker Habibullah Bhat said: “The SHRC is of firm opinion that the killing of Muhammad Abbas Tantray son of Ghulam Qadir of Nowpora Shopian was a fake encounter case.”
The father of the killed youth had approached Divisional Commissioner Kashmir for investigation into the killing of his innocent son but it fell on deaf ears, the Commission observed. “No action was taken under law.”
According to the petitioner, Tantray was studying at Jamiatul Falah Bilariya Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh and had come to his home during vacation.
However he was picked by troops and killed in a stage managed encounter in January 2003.
The contention of the applicant was authenticated by District Magistrate Pulwama.
The SHRC official stated that “as reported and verified by SSP Pulwama vide No CS/2001-2323 on December 15, 2002 there is nothing adverse against Muhammed Abbas.”
“The argument of the victim is also substantiated by the character certificate issued by the Azamgarh school, which said Tantray was admitted in the institute in 1997 and studied there for six incessant years as a regular student,” the official stated. “He was not connected to any illegal outfit during this period.”
The village numberdar and chowkidar also said Tantray was a student when his body was suddenly brought to the police station.
However, Director General of Police in 2005 reported to SHRC that Tantray was killed in an encounter with troops at Nadigam Shopian. He also claimed recovery of an AK-47 rifle with 29 magazines from his possession.
The SHRC acting chairperson concluded that the field reports by the government agencies nowhere mention that the slain youth was a militant and killed in an encounter. The character certificate issued by the Additional District Magistrate Pulwama has exonerated Tantray for having any involvement.
“Tantray’s parents are victims of fake encounter,” the SHRC held.
The Commission recommended an ex gratia of Rs 1 lakh and benefit of SRO 43 in their favour adding that in case the SRO benefit is not extended, their ex gratia be enhanced to Rs 5 lakh.

bwahhhhahahahah he/she should be in orange or a tricolor bear but Not Kashmiri indeed.

On the other hand i am thinking if the pudding the Hizb men cooked was made in Pakistan or Made in India :lol:

Jana Ji, It has been confirmed that the beer was ethnic kasmhiri.

Poor chap never travelled out of kashmir in life.:tup:

Jana Ji, It has been confirmed that the beer was ethnic kasmhiri.

Poor chap never travelled out of kashmir in life.:tup:

Ahh i wonder he did not get a visa to India. hard luck seems he was from Pakistan :P

Yes only animals are against freedom fighters.

That is quite an insult to the PDF in Baluch and the PDF matyrs who laid down their lives against the so called Taliban freedom fighters in Pakistan ;)

huh..makes no sense.

Can anyone else understand this?

Back
Top Bottom