What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Anybody would be disoriented if they were woken up from deep sleep only to find a raging bear on top of them, that too in the pitch darkness of a cave.

I guess they never had a chance.

I imagine things were fine until one or both woke to the uckky smell and big, warm furry thing settling in for a snooze.

Now THAT probably set off the fireworks and a bear in a cave would be like a knife fight in a telephone booth.

Not good.

MAN!! I bet that was a bad, bone-crunching, bloody death. Couldn't happen to some finer guys.:agree:

:hitwall: ................. :disagree:

Leopard mows down two HM commanders before troopers could catch them :agree:

Early Times: Leading Newspaper Jammu Kashmir, Latest News about Jammu & Kashmir

11/3/2009 12:00:57 AM

Early Times Report
Jammu, Nov 2: In a bizarre incident, first reported case of its kind in 20 years of insurgency in Jammu and Kashmir, the job of a joint hunt team of Police and Army looking for two top militant commanders in South Kashmir forests was made easy as their targets were already eliminated by ‘someone else’ before they could lay their hands on. The Army and Police have registered success in ‘killing’ two commanders of the Hizbul Mujahideen but the credit goes to an unexpected third party –the leopard.
Top Hizbul Mujahideen militants identified as Mohammad Amin alias Kaiser and Bashir Ahmed alias Saifullah have been active since 2003 and 2002 respectively. Both belonged to Reasi district of Jammu Division and of late known more among the militant ranks and security forces for forcibly recruiting and then training young boys as guerillas. Bashir had lately becomes the Divisional Commander of the Hizbul Mujahideen for Pir Panchal region.
Following a tip off, a joint party of Police and Army’s 9 Rashtriya Rifles launched a hunt in Dumhal Hanjipora area of Kulgam district in South Kashmir. The security team had learnt that Kaiser and Saifukllah were hiding in the area for quite sometime and were getting in touch with local youths for recruitment, said Army spokesman Lt Col JS Brar.
As the security team progressed, it came across mutilated bodies of both militant commanders in Dandalu Nallah in Damhal Hanjipiora. In examination it turned out that both had been mowed down by the leopards, already a sign of terror in forest areas of Kashmir and many upper reaches of Jammu region.
Incidentally, Kaiser and Saifullah became the 39th and 40th victims, respectively, of the leopard attacks in past two years. The man-animal conflict has claimed more than three dozen lives and inflict injuries to more than 350 in the Jammu and Kashmir during the past two years. About a dozen wild animals were also killed by the agitated villagers in retaliation during the same period in the state.

:hitwall: ................. :disagree:

Leopard mows down two HM commanders before troopers could catch them :agree:

Are we sure it wasn't a saffron-striped Bengal tiger that did the "patriotic duty"?

Or could be imported American mountain lions, as we heard from the respected Inter-Hindutva News Service.

Go tiger/bear/lion/coyote/ go! Yeah, go after them Pontiacs :taz:

Always glad to be in for a free ESL lesson. :tup:

And pray tell - is "conspiracist" a Chinese word, oh ye "bona fide" seeker of everlasting truth?

My most heartfelt apologies, oceanx. I stand corrected. It seems that Mr. Merriam Webster will let just any old concocted word into the English lexicon. How the language of my birth grows and grows, consuming all words known to man. Who knows what Chinese-inspired words they will approve of next!!

Ta Ta!

So, bear confiscated the AK47 ?.....Bear Baba in Kashmir mountain....any wish guys ?

Soft borders are technically feasible but politically impossible.
Indian style is to confuse with opposing views and make it possible.
it is your concoction son. truth is far from it and not probable.
killing, cursing, blaming does not construe it as feasible.
show some decency, new will travel and peace will be imaginable.
if you believe in a bear story, and take it as good news.
than son you have strange sense of humor and have distorted views.
Without proof you jump to conclusions and believe it as gospel.
no names, no faces, no evidence, yet you go for spins and for rumermill.
Media is, as we know works only for selfishness and for exaggeration.
So son do not believe every thing, it may not be as per your expectations

What did Madison do?

Why do you criticize Jackson - he did, after all, kill Indians! I've always thought Jackson was one of the more interesting presidents because the mental traumas he suffered as a child and young man most closely match those afflicting many Muslims and Arabs today, and his popular appeal to the masses inspired many, just as Muslims and Arabs were inspired by the Nassers of the twentieth century.

So, was it a bear, tiger, or leopard? I bet they never got a chance to use their weapons - not in the dark.

My most heartfelt apologies, oceanx. I stand corrected. It seems that Mr. Merriam Webster will let just any old concocted word into the English lexicon. How the language of my birth grows and grows, consuming all words known to man. Who knows what Chinese-inspired words they will approve of next!!

No need to apologize, grampy. I feel your pain ... :usflag:

Perhaps the evil CCP let loose a small stash from their pile of electronic US$ on poor, honest Mr. Webster so he felt compelled to change his magnificent wordbook to:

"An American Dictionary of the Chinglish Language" :partay:

What did Madison do?

Why do you criticize Jackson - he did, after all, kill Indians! I've always thought Jackson was one of the more interesting presidents because the mental traumas he suffered as a child and young man most closely match those afflicting many Muslims and Arabs today, and his popular appeal to the masses inspired many, just as Muslims and Arabs were inspired by the Nassers of the twentieth century.

They were all 'terrorist leaders' of course, fighting against the British.

So, was it a bear, tiger, or leopard? I bet they never got a chance to use their weapons - not in the dark.

Where goeth thy wisdom, O Solomon?

It was the Tasmanian anti-"terrorist" SSG - you know, :taz: that did them in ...

Soft borders are technically feasible but politically impossible.
Indian style is to confuse with opposing views and make it possible.
it is your concoction son. truth is far from it and not probable.
killing, cursing, blaming does not construe it as feasible.
show some decency, new will travel and peace will be imaginable.
if you believe in a bear story, and take it as good news.
than son you have strange sense of humor and have distorted views.
Without proof you jump to conclusions and believe it as gospel.
no names, no faces, no evidence, yet you go for spins and for rumermill.
Media is, as we know works only for selfishness and for exaggeration.
So son do not believe every thing, it may not be as per your expectations

Should I be rapping while reading this ?

Back
Top Bottom