What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
This is rich coming from this Israeli forces"lawyer".

The reality is that it is Israel that uses helicopter gunships and air force raids on civilian populations. It is Israel that treats Gaza as an open air prison. And the UN identifies territories under Israeli control as Occupied territories. There is no comparison between Israel and India in this regard.

The army is by and large absent from civilian areas except when there is an operation going. Before1989, there was no army prescence in civilian areas. Even in the current situation it is only the local police and CRPF that is involved. Neither the Army nor the Border forces were present.

In India that army is under the civilian govt. and if some "general" makes irrational statments like this, he would be liable for some serious questioning. This just shows how Israeli-Indian relationship even on a military level has to be watched carefully.

Yeh and the terrorist Indian army @$$ holes think that a 9 year old kid is frustrated due unemployment and not due to Indian terrorism in Kashmir

that army is made of indian ppl.if u cant give respect,atleast u can talk sensibly.i dont think u will feel good if same thing is said to pak army.

Curfew reimposed in Indian Kashmir
(AFP) – 2 hours ago

SRINAGAR, India — Police and paramilitary forces on Monday reimposed a curfew in Srinagar, the main town in the disputed region of Indian Kashmir, after the overnight death of a protester.

Shops and businesses had opened on Sunday for the first time in two weeks after the Muslim-majority Kashmir valley was brought to a standstill by violent protests and the deaths of scores of civilians.

The territory has been rocked by unrest since a teenage student was killed by a police tear-gas shell on June 11.

About 50 people have been killed as the security forces regularly opened fire to control the angry separatist demonstrations triggered by each fatality.
Some 33 people -- many of them young men or teenagers -- have died in the last ten days, the deadliest phase of violence for two years.

Muslim separatists have fought a 20-year insurgency in Indian Kashmir against rule from New Delhi.

"We had to reimpose the curfew to prevent protests after the death of a protester," a police officer said, asking not to be named.

He said the victim, a Srinagar resident, was injured last week during clashes and died in a hospital late Sunday.

The mountainous region is held in part by Pakistan and India, but claimed in full by both, and has been the cause of two of the three wars the countries have fought since independence from Britain more than half a century ago.

AFP: Curfew reimposed in Indian Kashmir

So very true. People dissatisfied with the state govt are simply escalating it up to the central govt. Thats what happens in a democracy. This though wont be understood by people who have lived under a dictatorship until recently.

Leave it Bro. They wouldn't understand. When there was problem in Karachi, Central minister was telling the media that shoot@sight order is given. Isn't it this should be comming from state minister or CM?

So how can I ask u that question please??? Sorry for being off topic. If I post 10 different articles abt something happening in Pakistan when there is a riot and biggest natural disaster in the history of my country wouldn't u be asking me the same??

Your telling me that certain factions within a country will not attempt to capitalise on a moment of distraction when the government and military are pre-occupied with a national calamity and a insurgency within our cities and across the western front?

Try being a bit mature, will you!

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Plebiscite is the only way to know for sure who is with who and only India is afraid of plebiscite.

Because the know the result!

Leave it Bro. They wouldn't understand. When there was problem in Karachi, Central minister was telling the media that shoot@sight order is given. Isn't it this should be comming from state minister or CM?
Hahaha @ Azadi has different connotations... Only in India delusional dictionaries!!!!!

They all want to break away from India and create a separate nation.

Ejaz (not you :tongue:) pointed out in another thread that the kid was died in the stampade between protesters and police..what was the kid doing in the protest mate?whose fault is that??anyway an Inquiry has been ordered and wait for the resuly till then dont belive the nonsense you media said about police out batton inside the throat of a nine year old..:hitwall:
Ejaz didn't point that out, CRPF chief said that.

He is the accused, will you seriously take the word of the accused as the truth?

Hahaha @ Azadi has different connotations... Only in India delusional dictionaries!!!!!

They all want to break away from India and create a separate nation.

I also want to buy a merc S class. But you dont always get what you want.

Anyway the school I went to did talk about different kinds of freedom

Freedom of expression
Freedom of thought
Freedom to travel anywhere in the country
Freedom to practise my own religion

What it did not talk about was the freedom to split my country.. And thats the freedom no one in India has any business demanding.. And knowing the members on this forum, that includes Kashmir..

Your telling me that certain factions within a country will not attempt to capitalise on a moment of distraction when the government and military are pre-occupied with a national calamity and a insurgency within our cities and across the western front?

Try being a bit mature, will you!

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Because the know the result!
and whats the result?, that Kashmiris will want to be with Pakistan?, or an independent state?....

There will be no result in this pablicite, stay happy with present and you may prevent history to change its course.!

Ejaz didn't point that out, CRPF chief said that.

He is the accused, will you seriously take the word of the accused as the truth?

I meant about the Ejaz R, one of our poster here Asim..yes both are allegations for now..seriously you think Indian police will put a bamboo stick inside the mouth of a child which ruptured his lungs?? :what: and for god sake who will bring a kid in to the riot than some cowards who want him to be dead to increase the anger of the people :hitwall:

I meant about the Ejaz R, one of our poster here Asim..yes both are allegations for now..seriously you think Indian police will put a bamboo stick inside the mouth of a child which ruptured his lungs?? :what: and for god sake who will bring a kid in to the riot than some cowards who want him to be dead to increase the anger of the people :hitwall:
The kid wasn't even part of the protest, he was a bystander.

Indian security forces cannot be believed after they have done so many fake encounters and claimed medals for them.

The kid wasn't even part of the protest, he was a bystander.

Indian security forces cannot be believed after they have done so many fake encounters and claimed medals for them.

Asim every fake encounter in Army is being probed and accused has been punished and some of them are under investigation too..it was found by our own army and government not some international organizations..so cut the crap about claiming medals for fake encounters shall we??Who told you he was a bystander??..if you are father,will you send your child to watch a protest or buy something when curfew was imposed and a place is in turmoil??The presence of that child in the middle of the protest itself is fishy my mate

There is no justification to kill a nine year old, the Kashmiris want the Indian rule from Kashmir to end. Sooner or later, every household in Kashmir will start fighting the Indian security forces.

can you tell me how will you justify killing in Baluchistan

they want freedom from Pakistan

what is your view on that freedom fight there from last 40 years

Back
Top Bottom