What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
let me guess.....''ISI sponsored'' cartels

:lol:

cartels shmartels.....those are local youth; wouldnt u protest if you were in their position? I know I would!

They may be local youth but jobless youth and are being paid by Hurriyat and other separatist factions to do the pelting. And of course everyone knows who are backing these factions.

May be you would do the same if you are paid. I won't because its my country and they are my people.

Zia tried, but the NA demographics are not really changed, given that the region is still Shia majority and comprised of the local ethnicities.

Forcibly moving in millions however will result in violence, loss of property and possessions of the locals, and in a way is 'ethnic cleansing' since it seeks to dilute the population of the dominant community.

You are taking the same line as Raj Thakrey with respect to immigrants moving into Mumbai..

And again no one is moving anyone anywhere.. Zia atleast tried. India if anything has allowed the Kashmiri Pandit population to dwindle in the Kashmir valley...

G'night for now.. As always, its a pleasure to discuss stuff with you...

''your people''

okay :coffee:

Karan --- sir, it is a land dispute....and we sympathize and show solidarity with the people of the occupied and militarized land

Not surprised at all, its just 45 since June but imagine how many have been killed overall by the "shining" indian army/ security forces. If they haven't already, india will probably justify their terrorism by saying that all the women/children/innocent people they have killed were all ISI sponsored terrorists.

I'm sure the violence will go down once the summer is over and winter begins :lol:

India should be ashamed of itself........espicially claiming to be a democracy, when it uses violence on those who are not happy under it's rule.

May be you would do the same if you are paid. I won't because its my country and they are my people

If that is the case Linkin, then if these people are disrupting life in Kashmir and are delibrately causing trouble......does that not signify that these people don't regard themselves as Indians and want Independence.

India should be ashamed of itself........espicially claiming to be a democracy, when it uses violence on those who are not happy under it's rule.

If that is the case Linkin, then if these people are disrupting life in Kashmir and are delibrately causing trouble......does that not signify that these people don't regard themselves as Indians and want Independence.

There is nothing to be ashamed of. J&K govt. which is democratically elected is doing its job of upholding security and peace in their state. I'm sure J&K police don't take pleasure in killing their fellow kashmiris for no reason. I have already posted the pics of these instigators rioting and violence causing damage to public property and injuring security forces.

There is violence in different parts of the country in India. It doesn't mean that all those want a separate country. Same with Kashmir violence. It will subside once the fuel and ammo runs out.

Are you saying the indian security forces will stop their terrorism in the winter?

No, I meant there will be difficulties in carrying out cross-border instigation anymore, if you know what I mean;).

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Militants were among mass protesters in Kashmir: Chidambaram

'There have been instances where the security forces have been fired upon by someone in the protesting crowds. There is reliable intelligence that some armed militants may have mingled with the crowds and fired at the security forces,' he said in a statement in the Lok Sabha on the situation in Jammu and Kashmir.

Chidambaram said there were 872 stone pelting incidents in June and July and 1,266 security personnel were injured in the last two months.

First off.....the current wave of violence should be treated as a law and order situation.....

The 2 parts of Kashmir as a disputed territory is controlled by the Indian and Pakistani Govts in their respective areas of control....

So as long as this dispute is not resolved...the laws of the land apply.....whether it be Indian or Pakistani....Since we do not object on the laws that P-O-K applies to their side....we are free to do the same to maintain law and order to maintain peace.....all this for the safety of Kashmiris itself....

In my view, any Kashmiri found breaking the Indian law.....ie. violating a curfew, arson, stone pelting is doing so at their own risk especially when a shoot at sight order has been given as a warning....
Just to make this relevant.....
In the US, when a cop pulls you over, one is supposed to remain in the car....when one disobeys orders, gets out of the car and approaches a cop, the cop can legally fire lethally without consequences as long as warning has been given and he feels that he is in a threatening situation...

As I see it, the mobs are currenlty in violation of Indian laws.....and assaulting state forces....I am glad that the Indian forces have shown such restraint to limit the number of deaths that have taken place....and even then, a majority of the deaths took place in the use of non-deadly methods where rubber and plastic bullets along with fluke tear gas shells killing violators which are internationally recognized crowd control techniques......

As far as Im concerned.....if these crowds are daring to go against the state....they have to be aware of the consequences..... Stones, Lathis, rods etc are weapons and the state forces should do all to bring law and order to the region and to protect themselves....

RIP to those who died....but this should serve as a warning....breaking the law is not acceptable in any part of India....whether it be Kashmir...or Kanyakumari....

So you mean if crowd takes law into their hands democracy set-up should say please do it since you are our people we should not use force??? That's really thoughtful....I am sure this is what Britain follows but since we are a third world country we are yet to learn such noble ideas....

You mean the unruly crowd??? population of J&K is approx 10 Million...Are you saying all these people came on street??? Those who do not consider India as their nation are free to leave the country...We will very happily say good bye to them...for rest they need their lives back and these idiots out there are just keeping their lives hostage to curfews and what not.....

There is nothing to be ashamed of. J&K govt. which is democratically elected is doing its job of upholding security and peace in their state.

Lol if the Indian goverment was upholding security and peace in the State......then why are 45 civilians are dead. Clearly people are not happy living under Indian rule.

I'm sure J&K police don't take pleasure in killing their fellow kashmiris for no reason.

Then why are there 45 people dead, clearly they do take pleasure in killing Kashmiri's because otherwise they would not have resorted to such actions. In the UK if the police did that, there would be a public outcry, to such action. And this is proven in this case:

Video reveals G20 police assault on Ian Tomlinson moments before he died | UK news | The Guardian

G20 Riots: Ian Tomlinson 'attack officer' PC Simon Harwood pictured for first time - Telegraph

Like wise any Indian Soilder or police that is caught killing a Kashmiri should be put on trial.

I think people use words like democracy quite liberally without understanding the fundamentals of the concept....

Democracy is a way of governance...where people choose their elected rulers who are able to work towards the benefit of the people that elected them....NOT ask for seperate countries....regions and anything under the sun that people "wish" for thinking that democracy will provide if for them...

And if so....For Kashmir to be free.....Under true democratic ideals, the country of India should take a vote on all decisions...which is rather impossible.....

If the govt of India retsrained itself from attacking Pakistan post 26/11 even though public sentiment....the power that fuels democracy...wanted our army to take action......then Kashmir issue falls way behind many other issues at hand.....since the volume of people who want Kashmir to be part of India overrides those who dont......

End of Story....

Lol if the Indian goverment was upholding security and peace in the State......then why are 45 civilians are dead. Clearly people are not happy living under Indian rule.

Then why are there 45 people dead, clearly they do take pleasure in killing Kashmiri's because otherwise they would not have resorted to such actions. In the UK if the police did that, there would be a public outcry, to such action. And this is proven in this case:

Like wise any Indian Soilder or police that is caught killing a Kashmiri should be put on trial.

People are getting killed for the simple reason that they are rioting and attacking the security forces. The first measure the police takes is to fire tear gas shells. But these rioters wear masks and then proceed further and start attacking the security forces, burning police vehicles, kicking the police etc. I think in that case security forces are justified in firing for their own self-defence and people die as a result. If the protesters will do a peaceful protest, I think police will mean no harm and in that case police perpetrates atrocities, they should be brought to trial. Simple as that.

You can see some "peaceful" protests here :rolleyes:

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

x610.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

So you mean if crowd takes law into their hands democracy set-up should say please do it since you are our people we should not use force

If you are killing people who are protesting for more rights, or want an Independent State due to negligence by the goveremnt, then you have no right to call your self a democratic State.

Back
Top Bottom