What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Im going severely offtopic here......But I couldnt resists....

So in the UK....the derogatory term for South Asians is P.A.K.I.....

So as an Indian I should distance myself from considering it an offence limited to Pakistanis only?....
Ive tried making this point to you earlier....In the subcontinent...we harp on petty differences to validate our nationalities....ethnicities etc....

To the westerners and especially the country you live in....It makes sh!t difference....
So as much as you would want to be different from Indians.....you really are NOT!!!

Dude it looks like you still have some serious self identity issues. You need get some mental health counseling.

Im going severely offtopic here......But I couldnt resists....

So in the UK....the derogatory term for South Asians is P.A.K.I.....

So as an Indian I should distance myself from considering it an offence limited to Pakistanis only?....
Ive tried making this point to you earlier....In the subcontinent...we harp on petty differences to validate our nationalities....ethnicities etc....

To the westerners and especially the country you live in....It makes sh!t difference....
So as much as you would want to be different from Indians.....you really are NOT!!!

Wait wait!! Stop right there... I know some Indian would love to point that out..

You know what is ironic about the term "P.A.K.I"? It is usually used for Srilankans, Bangladeshis,Indians, and some Pakistanis who look like them... It is kinda sad... that the above mentioned groups end up getting more racial abuse with the word "P.A.K.I" as Pakistani themselves...

And for that comparison I was going to post the pictures again of Srilankans, Bangladeshis, Indians VERSUS Pakistanis and would have asked them whom have the better chance of being labeled as "P.A.K.I".. but thats another story... ;)

Indians are Dravidians and Pakistanis are Indo-Aryans besides this there are other historical background differences that sepearte Indians from Pakistanis. I can never understand why Indians feel such shame about who they really are.

No one is ashamed of what they are but we are debating the common ancestors and the differences. Historical difference are less than 100 years old, so what differences are you talking about. About Indians trying to prove we are same as Pakistanis, how I wish we had a genetic difference. If you still consider yourself different, all I have to say is the British drew a line on a map and it is incredible that they split two different people. As far as I can see this is not related to the topic at hand. So lets get back to the topic.

looks like you have problem accepting the facts that what he is saying

Ignore the racist. Does not look like it is going to make sense anyway. I suggest we write something about the topic and not digress.

I have no 'white slave masters'. I look up to leaders who are correct, and whom I admire. George Washington was against slavery, by the way. He was also against colonizing, as you can see in his Farewell Address.

I never said that Pakistanis or Indians are exactly the same. I just said that the similarities outweigh the differences and I believe that India and Pakistan should try to build a relationship on that. Or at least the people should.

I never said two people from any countries are similar. The reason we lump white people together is because we don't have many exchanges from Europe, at least not culturally. Look at my example of Kenyans and Nigerians.

Sorry to see that you find my posts annoying and stupid. If it helps any, I really do try to think before I post.

Whiteknight you are correct.. he is a muhajir.. they are the first and only ones to link themselves with Indians..

This topic is beaten to death in Pak defence forum and many topics got deleted too.. All ethnic groups of Pakistan on this forum (Punjabis, Kashmiris, Pushtuns, Balochis and Sindhis) don't like to link themselves with Indians.. PakistaniNationalist (a baloch), SilentNinja (Pushtun), Jinxed_girl (Punjabi/Iranian)...

Wait wait!! Stop right there... I know some Indian would love to point that out..

You know what is ironic about the term "P.A.K.I"? It is usually used for Srilankans, Bangladeshis,Indians, and some Pakistanis who look like them... It is kinda sad... that the above mentioned groups end up getting more racial abuse with the word "P.A.K.I" as Pakistani themselves...

And for that comparison I was going to post the pictures again of Srilankans, Bangladeshis, Indians VERSUS Pakistanis and would have asked them whom have the better chance of being labeled as "P.A.K.I".. but thats another story... ;)

lolz thats cute..in order to prove your point that Pakistani guys are good looking you are willing to portray the not so good looking Pakistanis as Indians,Sri lankans and Bangladeshis,,...cute really very cute...

NWO... if the world is so similar as you are claiming to be.. why we have so many countries in the first place? Forget about the differences.. abolish international borders.. and become 1 big lump of country instead of 140 different countries..

We feel like we are been bullied by Indians to accept that we ARE Indians.. Pakistan is a separate country now (despite similarities and differences)... and Indians have to respect that... and stop posting this nonsense stuff that we are same same!!

lolz thats cute..in order to prove your point that Pakistani guys are good looking you are willing to portray the not so good looking Pakistanis as Indians,Sri lankans and Bangladeshis,,...cute really very cute...

Some Pakistanis do look like Indians... don't they? ;) and i agree we share some similarities with Indians.. :rofl::rofl:

Thanks Rangbaaz....

Slight correction tho.....Thats Peshwa Baji Rao in my avatar

LOL, quite similar to Tipu Sultan (our hero)

may be it was the style in those days. that's why they look quite similar

thanks for the correction
cheers

NWO... if the world is so similar as you are claiming to be.. why we have so many countries in the first place? Forget about the differences.. abolish international borders.. and become 1 big lump of country instead of 140 different countries..

We feel like we are been bullied by Indians to accept that we ARE Indians.. Pakistan is a separate country now (despite similarities and differences)... and Indians have to respect that... and stop posting this nonsense stuff that we are same same!!

Some Pakistanis do look like Indians... don't they? ;) and i agree we share some similarities with Indians.. :rofl::rofl:

Contradicting yourself huh??so whats your final decision?? :tongue:

And you know this being a "White English Woman" that hurls these terms at us poor "P.A.K.I" folks.....
Strange you never thought about why the Englishmen chose the term P.A.K.I and not Indo or Sri-Lankan etc....

Frankly Im done trying to rationalize with you.....
Your posts are becoming more bigotted by the minute.....
And I choose not to be part of this discussion anymore....

You will have to continue without me.....

cheers

Whats that bolded part supposed to mean??:what:

Damn, Kashmir has some beautiful mountains. Don't you guys agree?

cheers

Both great Hero's and generals of our past.....

I followed the series "The Sword of Tipu Sultan" when I was younger...Did you happen to catch it in Pakistan?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom