What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
lol! Ok! I will let it go.. but I was just curious how Abhiras will link Pashtuns and Balochis with Indians... He avoided my question and jumped straight to Brahui people as expected. I want to see how he will prove that Pashtuns (largest ethnic group of Afghanistan and second largest ethnic group of Pakistan) are Indians whether linguistically, ethnically, culturally and in other aspects. ;)

come on abhiras and jinxed girl.. let it go...we r not the same...period:undecided:

I didn't say we are NOT the same... I said, we are not 100% same... there are certain elements of Pakistani culture which doesn't descend straight from India and Indians...

On the other hand, Abhiras is holding the point that we are SAME SAME and Pakistan is just an extension of India.. as someone who is part Iranian, I know that is NOT true.

I didn't say we are NOT the same... I said, we are not 100% same... there are certain elements of Pakistani culture which doesn't descend straight from India and Indians...

On the other hand, Abhiras is holding the point that we are SAME SAME and Pakistan is just an extension of India.. as someone who is part Iranian, I know that is NOT true.

i dont agree with most of ur comments in this thread but with the above one i agree totally 100% and hope abhiras will realise and stop this once and for all.....

Indians are Dravidians and Pakistanis are Indo-Aryans besides this there are other historical background differences that sepearte Indians from Pakistanis. I can never understand why Indians feel such shame about who they really are.

Indians are Dravidians and Pakistanis are Indo-Aryans besides this there are other historical background differences that sepearte Indians from Pakistanis. I can never understand why Indians feel such shame about who they really are.

lol! I put the matter to rest and you started it again. Let it go... I think I made a point and they agreed.

Last edited:
lol! Ok! I will let it go.. but I was just curious how Abhiras will link Pashtuns and Balochis with Indians... He avoided my question and jumped straight to Brahui people as expected. I want to see how he will prove that Pashtuns (largest ethnic group of Afghanistan and second largest ethnic group of Pakistan) are Indians whether linguistically, ethnically, culturally and in other aspects. ;)
Everybody bleeds the same. Everybody cries if they lose a loved one. Everyone resents those that inflict harm onto them or those whom they support. Everyone loves and wants to be loved.

Basically, how are we similar? We all are human beings. Period.

Everybody bleeds the same. Everybody cries if they lose a loved one. Everyone resents those that inflict harm onto them or those whom they support. Everyone loves and wants to be loved.

Occasionally, we all need emotional outbursts like these.. Thanks for reminding us we are all human... :angel: but that wasn't what we were discussing here.. ;);)

Occasionally, we all need emotional outbursts like these.. Thanks for reminding us we are all human... :angel: but that wasn't what we were discussing here.. ;);)

Right....coz you've been discussing the "K" in Kashmir for the last 10 pages now?

Do you really need a hint?

Right....coz you've been discussing the "K" in Kashmir for the last 10 pages now?

Do you really need a hint?

Thats not entirely true Peshwaaaaaaaaa :rofl::rofl: I am posting pictures of Kashmir along with my other discussions..

and from the topic of discussion I meant the recent topic of "SAME SAME" by Abhiras :D

I mean seriously right? Why is there such an identity crisis among Indians. I had not idea its that rampant across the world. Here in the U.S. Indians go as far as to bleach their skin to create a different look for themselves. Happiness cannot be achieved this way.

Kind of off topic, but just to clarify, that was made from a logical stand point.

On topic, these areas have been lumped together as one huge area during the Mughal Empire and then during the Raj. They both contain large number of people who speak English as a second language. Both of them have been historically mostly farming, if I remember correctly. They are probably more similar then different, I believe.

Also, I don't think trying to point out the differences will lead to Pakistan and India trying to form better relationship.

I mean seriously right? Why is there such an identity crisis among Indians. I had not idea its that rampant across the world. Here in the U.S. Indians go as far as to bleach their skin to create a different look for themselves. Happiness cannot be achieved this way.

Easy there maiser....

Which fanatsy US are you living in?.....Or are u of the belief that fair skinned Indians bleach their skin?

Kind of off topic, but just to clarify, that was made from a logical stand point.

On topic, these areas have been lumped together as one huge area during the Mughal Empire and then during the Raj. They both contain large number of people who speak English as a second language. Both of them have been historically mostly farming, if I remember correctly. They are probably more similar then different, I believe.

Also, I don't think trying to point out the differences will lead to Pakistan and India trying to form better relationship.

I agree that there are lots of similarities in Indian/Pakistani culture, but there are lots of differences too... You posted some similarities... now what about some differences :D:D

1. During Achamenid empire Pakistan was lumped together with huge chunks of area known as Persian Empire :rofl::rofl:

2. Pushtuns are the second largest ethnic group of Pakistan which are basically the same people across the border in Afghanistan, and they follow the same code of honor - Pashtunwali

See it doesnt take much effort to point out the differences either.. :D:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom