What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
I mean seriously right? Why is there such an identity crisis among Indians. I had not idea its that rampant across the world. Here in the U.S. Indians go as far as to bleach their skin to create a different look for themselves. Happiness cannot be achieved this way.

Whiteknight1, ADT, ADT1 please stop with your annoying posts.

Easy there maiser....

Which fanatsy US are you living in?.....Or are u of the belief that fair skinned Indians bleach their skin?

Dude seriously. The president of the U.S. (a very popular one) - the most powerful nation in the world is black. Just accept who you are. There is nothing to be ashamed about.

A person joins the culture in which they grew up in. For instance, many Japanese people living in American for generations can't speak much Japanese and don't even know the capital of Japan. For Indians trying to act more American, that's just to be expected if they live here long enough. I would find it weird if they don't.

Remember that most Americans don't differentiate between Arabic, Pakistani or Indian.

Dude seriously. The president of the U.S. (a very popular one) - the most powerful nation in the world is black. Just accept who you are. There is nothing to be ashamed about.

???????? who said there is no black people in India??I always tell we south Indians are mostly black but there are fair skins too..But Pakistanis are all Aryans and Indians are all Dravidian is not i am not agreeing..there are lots of Aryan decedents in India too..Heck the purana story about Devas and Asuras were about Aryans and Dravidians..in it the Aryans are portrayed as Devas and Dravidians as Asuras ..Even there are political parties in South India called Dravida Munneta Kazhakam and belive me we are proud to be Dravidans..

A person joins the culture in which they grew up in. For instance, many Japanese people living in American for generations can't speak much Japanese and don't even know the capital of Japan. For Indians trying to act more American, that's just to be expected if they live here long enough. I would find it weird if they don't.

Remember that most Americans don't differentiate between Arabic, Pakistani or Indian.

Ok you made your point that ALL Pakistanis are Indians... and I made mine that we are not... stick with urs and I will stick with mine and put this matter to rest.:D

By the way... your argument is flawed.. Most Pashtun people live in their OWN land "NWFP" and they are speaking their language Pashto for thousand of years..

Your argument is valid only... if they move from NWFP and settle in Punjab or Sindh and then after several generations they will forget their language and start speaking Punjabi or Sindhi.

Ok you made your point that ALL Pakistanis are Indians... and I made mine that we are not... stick with urs and I will stick with mine and put this matter to rest.:D
Let me clarify. When I said that most Americans don't differentiate between Pakistani, Indian, and Arabic, I meant that when someone post something bad about one of those groups in America, they really saying it about everybody here.

Here's a example. When someone from America says how Indians are so stupid and then someone from Pakistan says how Americans dislike/hate Indians, they forget that Indians and Pakistanis are viewed as one people, and the American might just be saying it about mostly Pakistanis.

As for Pakistanis and Indians being the same, I don't think any two human beings are the same. They are some differences but the similarities do outweigh them. I just think the people should get along. We need to be able to differentiate between the government and the people. Most people don't want war or conflict. The government forces it on them.

The reason that most Americans don't differentiate between the people is because they are so far away and distinct from us. Kind of how like pretty much no body is able to differentiate between a Kenyan and a Nigerian in Pak/India.

You ask and I deliver.....

Let me be the first one to admit...I am Black as night....hell...wherever I walk darkness spreads around me,.....

But I certainly cant speak for the rest of the 1 billion Indians and you should follow suit....
Unless you have a demographic profile of 1 Billion Indo's.....

If you can prove otherwise...Kiddo....but I highly doubt it.....

Let me clarify. When I said that most Americans don't differentiate between Pakistani, Indian, and Arabic, I meant that when someone post something bad about one of those groups in America, they really saying it about everybody here.

Here's a example. When someone from America says how Indians are so stupid and then someone from Pakistan says how Americans dislike/hate Indians, they forget that Indians and Pakistanis are viewed as one people, and the American might just be saying it about mostly Pakistanis.

As for Pakistanis and Indians being the same, I don't think any two human beings are the same. They are some differences but the similarities do outweigh them. I just think the people should get along. We need to be able to differentiate between the government and the people. Most people don't want war or conflict. The government forces it on them.

The reason that most Americans don't differentiate between the people is because they are so far away and distinct from us. Kind of how like pretty much no body is able to differentiate between a Kenyan and a Nigerian in Pak/India.

So you look up to your white masters for approval and care about their views.. who is same and who is different? Shame on you...

It applies to us too.... when we see a "white" person.. we stereotypically lump all of them together... but if you go to Europe... each and every european country is proud of their history and culture... there are many similarities but there are many differences too...

Next time Visit Ireland and try convincing them that they are "ENGLISH" or to Scotland and try convincing them that they are "ENGLISH"... and see what happens next... even though English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish pretty much look the same..

Now please stop posting your annoying/stupid arguments..

Go try convincing an Irish that they are English or a Ukranian that they are Russian.. and good luck with that!! :rofl::rofl:

You ask and I deliver.....

Let me be the first one to admit...I am Black as night....hell...wherever I walk darkness spreads around me,.....

But I certainly cant speak for the rest of the 1 billion Indians and you should follow suit....
Unless you have a demographic profile of 1 Billion Indo's.....

If you can prove otherwise...Kiddo....but I highly doubt it.....

you got a nice avatar!

Tipu Sultan

You must be a Muhajir or a very very very liberal Punjabi.

Last edited:
Go try convincing an Irish that they are English or a Ukranian that they are Russian.. and good luck with that!! :rofl::rofl:

Im going severely offtopic here......But I couldnt resists....

So in the UK....the derogatory term for South Asians is P.A.K.I.....

So as an Indian I should distance myself from considering it an offence limited to Pakistanis only?....
Ive tried making this point to you earlier....In the subcontinent...we harp on petty differences to validate our nationalities....ethnicities etc....

To the westerners and especially the country you live in....It makes sh!t difference....
So as much as you would want to be different from Indians.....you really are NOT!!!

So you look up to your white masters for approval and care about their views.. who is same and who is different? Shame on you...
I have no 'white slave masters'. I look up to leaders who are correct, and whom I admire. George Washington was against slavery, by the way. He was also against colonizing, as you can see in his Farewell Address.

I never said that Pakistanis or Indians are exactly the same. I just said that the similarities outweigh the differences and I believe that India and Pakistan should try to build a relationship on that. Or at least the people should.

I never said two people from any countries are similar. The reason we lump white people together is because we don't have many exchanges from Europe, at least not culturally. Look at my example of Kenyans and Nigerians.

Sorry to see that you find my posts annoying and stupid. If it helps any, I really do try to think before I post.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom