What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Azad Kashmir is azad oh is it? What if we give an assembly and prime minister to Indian Kashmir, will that be okay then, problem solved right? UN plebiscite is long dead, Kofi Annan (the then secretary general of UN) said it, Musharraf (your President ) said it and even Shimla agreement which states the issue will be resolved bilaterally was signed way after your UN resolution

Who will you make the prime minister ? Omar Abdullah ????:tongue:

Make sure you do not come tattered to us fighting with our little Taliban agents. And this time make sure not to show your merciful heart to oppressor India and try to make it decisive this time, it is getting boring. Lets see where you go from here in the next 5 years.

God wiiling, if our fight against the Taliban goes as it is going now, we will be going nowhere but up..................by up i mean we will progress.

Geelani Sahab has no mass support as of today. He is obviously being funded by Pakistan(it was recently revealed by another Hurriyat leader). There is no surprise in his statements.

He may not have support and we may be funding him, but millions support the idea of joining Pakistan and i swear we do not have the resources to fund millions...........................

Let me try and explain to you a different viewpoint of looking at the Kashmir issue. Please drop your emotions regarding Kashmir for a while, as I have dropped mine making this post.

Any country needs to maintain its territorial integrity because it is of utmost importance to make people of the country believe that their nation is secure and capable of protecting its boundaries. One incident of violation of territorial integrity tremendously enhances the possibility of such violation in future as well, so that is not only highly shameful for a nation with such extent but will also be a dampener to the people of country and its armed forces.

Do consider that no country can afford to leave the land under its occupation for this very important reason. Now as far as suppression of people of Kashmir, Indians know that it is untrue, because violation of human rights (on such scale as suggested by some members here, but never conclusively established) cannot go unnoticed in India, the government would have to do a lot of answering otherwise. People, in general, cannot accept that kind of a set-up in their own country, let me assure with that.

Now, in general, Indians do not ask that the other side of Kashmir should be taken back because the whole of Kashmir was acceded. They are more interested in peaceful progress, and now after so many years people do not repel the idea of LoC as the international border. You as a common citizen should also be interested in peace and progress. Since you are making claims on a land that is not with you, then you are the one creating an atmosphere of disturbance.

People of Kashmir can and are living harmoniously in India and Indians do not support biasness of any sort to its citizens. If there are some problems, they would surely be tackled, as the nation becomes more mature. But it is very important for any country to stand united.

Even then if Pakistan insists, then war is the only option left for both the countries. This is as simple as it can get.

You are prepared for war but fear a plebiscite, you know that Kashmiris will always choose Pakistan.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Glad you clarified. :lol:

Glad to be of assistance.................

You are prepared for war but fear a plebiscite, you know that Kashmiris will always choose Pakistan.

anyone who seriously want to conisder peblistic being help, should definatly ask the sepratist to run for election and try wining it. It will be easier to get your voice heard as a elected representative then as a ordinary person.

anyone who seriously want to conisder peblistic being help, should definatly ask the sepratist to run for election and try wining it. It will be easier to get your voice heard as a elected representative then as a ordinary person.

Agreed, but who will let a separatist come to power ????????????

but millions support the idea of joining Pakistan and i swear we do not have the resources to fund millions...........................

No. Its true that there are anti-Indian feelings in Kashmir, but people do not want to join Pakistan. They will simply laugh at such a thought. You have to understand that Kashmiris are outsiders and do not share the optimism that Pakistanis here have about Pakistan's future.

Agreed, but who will let a separatist come to power ????????????

The people of Kashmir, as you and many others say Kashmir's are dying to be seperated from attrocities of India, if that is the case they will get close to 90% vote in valleys if they fight an election saying they will use it as a ground to move ahead for peblistic.

If the situation in Kashmir is like what you people describe, I have no doubt people will vote for them.

So lets ask someone to standup in election with this strategy.

India is not keen on peblistic, and this way we can now the reality of ground as to what the % of people are who want to seperate or merge to pakistan.

This is quick and simple method to get some numbers in discussion. I know it cannot be perfect but will give a good sense of what the situation is.

You fear a plebiscite, you know that Kashmiris will always choose Pakistan.

Plebiscite is not taking place because Pakistan has not been sticking to its end of the bargain. Once Pakistan does its part of resolution, India will do its part of resolution depending on its feasibility.

No. Its true that there are anti-Indian feelings in Kashmir, but people do not want to join Pakistan. They will simply laugh at such a thought. You have to understand that Kashmiris are outsiders and do not share the optimism that Pakistanis here have about Pakistan's future.

I disagree, haven't you ever heard a cry in a Kashmiri rally "Kashmir Banay Ga Pakistan"............?????????????????
Even if they don't want to be a part of Pakistan, it doesn't matter because should they get independence from India they will join Azad Kashmir in any case, which is already a separate state.........

Theres no proof or logic behind the statement that X percentage of Kashmiris want to join Pakistan. Probably Kasmiris want to be free, but that option has been removed by mutual understanding by both India and Pakistan, there is no clause for freedom in the UN plebiscite, so thats a no go.

Even if one takes a logical standpoint and analyses the situation, why would anyone in the world let alone Kashmiris want to go into Pakistan at the current point of time.

The fact that Pakistan needs to pay these leaders to carry on their separatist demands is proof enough that there is no popular feeling to join Pakistan.
And the point that all millions of Kashmiris are not paid by Pakistan is true-but who needs to pay all of them when you can just buy out the leaders and let them lead the masses to your desired actions.

Freedom, Yes-Pakistan No.

The people of Kashmir, as you and many others say Kashmir's are dying to be seperated from attrocities of India, if that is the case they will get close to 90% vote in valleys if they fight an election saying they will use it as a ground to move ahead for peblistic.

If the situation in Kashmir is like what you people describe, I have no doubt people will vote for them.

So lets ask someone to standup in election with this strategy.

India is not keen on peblistic, and this way we can now the reality of ground as to what the % of people are who want to seperate or merge to pakistan.

This is quick and simple method to get some numbers in discussion. I know it cannot be perfect but will give a good sense of what the situation is.

You cannot ignore the fact that if such a poll is held, the government will make every attempt to rig it.................that is why i say that if this problem can be solved through a poll then great, go right ahead but it should be overseen by UN.

Plebiscite is not taking place because Pakistan has not been sticking to its end of the bargain. Once Pakistan does its part of resolution, India will do its part of resolution depending on its feasibility.

And what part is that ?

Back
Top Bottom