What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
India is being pimped and primed to take on the Chinese threat and take care of the security of the region for USA

That is mere speculation as India and China are engaging in dialogue, trade, defence excercises and what not.

Interesting line of logic though, loooking at the past through it one could say Pakistan had been pimped, primed and banged to take on Russia in Afghanistan!!!

Last edited:
it is down to the Kashmiris, pakistan and India to reolve it
expecting the world to do something about it is futile. all countries are hostage to their personal interests
India is being pimped and primed to take on the Chinese threat and take care of the security of the region for USA
so it doesnt suit to annoy India

human rights, the continued sermons of democracy and will of the people can rest when it comes to Kashmir

I agree 100%. Once GoP accepts (like Musharraf did) that its upto India and Pakistan to sort this out without any external forces playing any effective role, it will boil down to a simple trade off of mutual positions to come to a common ground.

I have intentionally left the word Kashmiris out of it, since an Independent Kashmir is something which neither Pakistan nor India is willing to accept and the Kashmiris will have to stay within the ambits of the 2 larger nations.

yes i am new to this forum,and it belongs to my country pakistan.
and you sir are guest here.i wish you all the best.
enjoy your stay.

My dear, since you're new here hence i'll give it to you. Please go through this thread and you'll know what your own countrymen, let alone Indians, think about Zaid Hamid.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/current-events-social-issues/51290-zaid-hamid-commentary.html

Mods had to make it a sticky because the humor this clown dishes out serves to entertain so many Indians and Pakistanis. :wave:

P.S. My questions still remain unanswered.

human rights, the continued sermons of democracy and will of the people can rest when it comes to Kashmir
It is the same country which allowed mr gilani to conduct a conference about breaking up india. wonder what happens if the same is done in other countries. Tienanmen square should give you an idea.:rolleyes:

Hi minimalist:... I also asked a few questions before to jana too.. one was Why was there no trouble in Kashmir till 1989....
Can u add this to ur list too pls

^^ Ya sure buddy why not...but first let those three questions get answered and after that I'll take up this question too.

Hi friends, every now and then we hear the news of some high ranking Pakistan official urging the US to mediate on kashmir issue and as a 'rata-rataya' response, US always says "We Won't".

My question is, what does Pakistan expect US to do when it comes to Kashmir? How do you think US can help Pakistan on Kashmir?

What action does Pakistan expect US to take about Kashmir and can the US take such an action...is this Pakistani hope realistic?:undecided:

It's just a stupid public relations stunt by Pakistani politicians to fool the Pakistani public.

They know, like you said, that the US (or the UN or the EU or whatever) will never agree, but they ask anyway so they can tell the people back home they are trying to 'resolve' Kashmir.

Also, even if the US (or UN or EU) got involved, they are far more likely to favor India rather than Pakistan anyway, so why ask them in the first place?

Bottom line, all this 'asking' business is just a cynical publicity stunt by politicians who don't have the skills or vision to make Pakistan strong by itself so we can negotiate with India properly.

^ I am waiting for the day when US gets fed up and says, ok, you want us to mediate, turn LOC into IB .. ;)

or even,

get out of Azad Kashmir.

What will Pakistan do then?

^ I am waiting for the day when US gets fed up and says, ok, you want us to mediate, turn LOC into IB .. ;)

or even,

get out of Azad Kashmir.

What will Pakistan do then?

They will moan and cry about the 'evil' Americans.

And nobody will ask the obvious question, "why did you go to the Americans in the first place?"

It's like the Arab governments' duplicitous dance about the Palestinians. Even a 5 year old simpleton child would know that the Americans are not 'neutral' in the Israel/Palestine conflict, yet the Arabs keep going back to the Americans as 'neutral arbiters' :rofl:

Any GOI (political party) would not give away Kashmir - If that happens, THAT party wont be elected again on Indian political spectrum, be it congress or BJP. Having said that, and you know the 63 years imbroglio - the status quo is prevalant on this.

On one hand Pakistan is hell bent on Kashmir (compulsive obsession), on the other Indian parliament says "atoot ang", hence the stale-mate.

The present scenario of India favours it with its robust economy and major powers favouring India. The same can not be said for Pakistan who is dole dependent nation - always borrowing for surviving.

Its time Pakistan to change its track on Kashmir, because I know Pakistan is not developing itself adequately with Kashmir mania intact.

It's just a stupid public relations stunt by Pakistani politicians to fool the Pakistani public.

They know, like you said, that the US (or the UN or the EU or whatever) will never agree, but they ask anyway so they can tell the people back home they are trying to 'resolve' Kashmir.

Also, even if the US (or UN or EU) got involved, they are far more likely to favor India rather than Pakistan anyway, so why ask them in the first place?

Bottom line, all this 'asking' business is just a cynical publicity stunt by politicians who don't have the skills or vision to make Pakistan strong by itself so we can negotiate with India properly.

So what is Pakistan´s option then? ¿¿¿

So what is Pakistan´s option then? ¿¿¿

To get off the dole, as you put it, and become strong and self-reliant. Maybe we can't match India (or maybe we can -- Japan and Germany have shown that size doesn't matter), but we will certainly attract allies and supporters if we have something to offer back in return.

To get off the dole, as you put it, and become strong and self-reliant. Maybe we can't match India (or maybe we can -- Japan and Germany have shown that size doesn't matter), but we will certainly attract allies and supporters if we have something to offer back in return.

Since 63 years it has not happened, while India has done that.

So how long Pakistan should creep along with K issue?

Give me number of years pragmatically speaking.....

Since 63 years it has not happened, while India has done that.

So how long Pakistan should creep along with K issue?

Give me number of years pragmatically speaking.....

For 63 years Pakistan hasn't followed any plan for long term economic development. We actually had a plan in the 50s, back in Ayub Khan's days, but we didn't follow it. (The South Koreans adapted our plan and look where they are now.)

The K issue has nothing to do with Pakistan's economic woes; they are caused by rampant corruption and the de facto alliance between the feudal oligarchs and the military.

To answer your question, I can't give you the number of years, but Pakistan will never progress until we break out of this oligarchy-military alliance.

Back
Top Bottom