What's new

Karnataka corner!

47b20s0.gif

@Dem!god jai Ram ji ki :wave:

Naya naam diya hai use: Damaged BhaGoda :omghaha:

Chera dynasty is pretty old.
what do you mean by this

Okay Kerala was trading with Levant long long time before. The Queen of Sheba was actually a Keralite lady. The gifts carried by her to King Solomon were Rosewood, tons of gold, frankincense/aloe vera.

Okay Kerala was trading with Levant long long time before. The Queen of Sheba was actually a Keralite lady. The gifts carried by her to King Solomon were Rosewood, tons of gold, frankincense/aloe vera.

:blink:

I knew Kerala was trading with the Roman Empire.

have any one heard this.....when Prithvi raj was blinded by Ghori.....and later came to know he(prithvi) has great archery skills ghori asked him to showcase it....his court poet(Chand Bardai..) sung him a couplet to decide his aim.....
"Char baas causath gaj, angul astha praman..ta upar sultan hai mat chuko cauhan.."
it was a couplet addressed to the throne where ghori was sitting...and Prithvi raj aimed accurately but ghori flee from the throne..to save himself .....:butcher:

have any one heard this.....when Prithvi raj was blinded by Ghori.....and later came to know he(prithvi) has great archery skills ghori asked him to showcase it....his court poet(Chand Bardai..) sung him a couplet to decide his aim.....
"Char baas causath gaj, angul astha praman..ta upar sultan hai mat chuko cauhan.."
it was a couplet addressed to the throne where ghori was sitting...and Prithvi raj aimed accurately but ghori flee from the throne..to save himself .....:butcher:

i know
cancan.gif

I hadn't heard about this. Is this part of the local lore in Delhi and nearby areas?

:blink:

I knew Kerala was trading with the Roman Empire.

All descriptions of Queen of Sheba does not show her with Afro features, but more Indian features. No Afro hair, so she is not African. Plus Kerala due to its trade with Mali had enormous amount of gold. Rosewood and teak are the natural woods in Kerala's forests.

Very obscure past indeed. Much of their history doesn't seem to have been documented in detail.

@Indischer they had found Roman coins that dated from 58 B.C. or 77 B.C. Pliny The Elder also made mention of the Cheramans.

If what @Hermione the existence of Kerala would have been know in the Levant in 900 B.C.

Back
Top Bottom